This is my cover of Goodbye My Lover.
I am carious about your opinion!

https://soundcloud.com/rafaelchelsea/goodbye-my-lover

Rafaelchelsea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

Post  Colours on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:27 am

Rafaelchelsea wrote:This is my cover of Goodbye My Lover.
I am carious about your opinion!

https://soundcloud.com/rafaelchelsea/goodbye-my-lover

You got the passion and the voice in there bro! You just need to learn the properly technique.  Wink 
Colours

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KepTauto1

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard_Cohen on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 am

^

James Blunt makes nasality a strength of his because, but it doesn't quite work for you. Don't take this wrong the cover is good. But the singing gets to nasal and frail at times, it's also a tad bit monotone. You should listen to the song and take care to note he increases the volume of his singing and brings more chest to his song, that creates a more dynamic sound.

I listened to another of your covers and I thought it was a bit better, but again you shouldn't be afraid to get some chest in at the right moments, if you time it can work wonders. Furthermore, I know you can actually do it, because on the song that was in your native tongue you pulled it off perfectly, accomplished singing.
Leonard_Cohen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rafaelchelsea on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Leonard_Cohen wrote:^

James Blunt makes nasality a strength of his because, but it doesn't quite work for you. Don't take this wrong the cover is good. But the singing gets to nasal and frail at times, it's also a tad bit monotone. You should listen to the song and take care to note he increases the volume of his singing and brings more chest to his song, that creates a more dynamic sound.

I listened to another of your covers and I thought it was a bit better, but again you shouldn't be afraid to get some chest in at the right moments, if you time it can work wonders. Furthermore, I know you can actually do it, because on the song that was in your native tongue you pulled it off perfectly, accomplished singing.

I know what you say. I heard it often ! But how can I remove the nasality of my voice ?

Rafaelchelsea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard_Cohen on Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:45 pm

Don't feel forced sing to sing with a proper English accent at first, you're not really nasal in your native tongue. Bring some of that technique into your English songs.

You can fix the English accent later or gradually anyway
Leonard_Cohen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top