ROUND 2: Rapport Rapturer vs Vuvuzelabzz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND 2: Rapport Rapturer vs Vuvuzelabzz

Post  Zedd Squared on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:16 pm

This is the thread for the round 2 matchup of Rapport Rapturer versus Vuvuzelabzz. Feel free to post clips and descriptions.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 2: Rapport Rapturer vs Vuvuzelabzz

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 am

Best distorted tone:
Michael Bolton: http://picosong.com/YU9X/

A quality live clip from the days of his vocal peak, here's Michael giving his all during the finale of "Georgia on My Mind". Wicked heights reached, combined with a huge sound and lots of rasp and growl as an additional effect. Simply crazy.

Best use of soft singing:
Graham Bonnet: http://picosong.com/YU9b/

I was originally planning to go with Carey on this category, but decided otherwise before posting. Basically, Graham's often known for his loud, 'shouty' powerhouse singing, but this is a proof that it's not all he's got at his disposal. Tonally very beautiful delivery and some effective dynamic control are shown here, as Graham starts soft and finally adds more intensity when the chorus kicks in.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 am

Best distorted tone: http://picosong.com/Yx3T/ (Kin Etik)

I chose this clip over other longer ones with more lines because the category is "Best distorted tone", and this is the clip where I feel he achieves that.

Best use of soft singing: http://picosong.com/Yx3H/ (Morgan Sorne)

Disregard the wilder part at the end. It just felt awkward to cut the passage before there, so I included it.

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:39 am

Best distorted tone:

Rapport - Bolton 3, not the best quality but seems to be a cool rangewaking right there, i'm not really a fan of his tone though.
Vuvu - Kin 2, didn't find it that amazing.

Best use of soft singing:

Rapport - Bonnet 2.5, it was ok but not sure if really "soft"
Vuvu - Sorne 3.5, you do listen to some weird stuff, i really liked it, i had a doubt when doing this cause could fasetto be considered soft?, anyway a great performance without a doubt.
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:40 am

Rapport Rapturer wrote:Best distorted tone:
Michael Bolton: http://picosong.com/YU9X/

A quality live clip from the days of his vocal peak, here's Michael giving his all during the finale of "Georgia on My Mind". Wicked heights reached, combined with a huge sound and lots of rasp and growl as an additional effect. Simply crazy.

where's the rest of this  Embarassed 

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:28 am

Best distorted tone
Etik: Ooh colossal sound, very intense. 4.5/5
Bolton: Not one of my favorite tones but the distortion is well controlled and everything. 3.5/5

Best soft singing
Sorne: Cool phrasing and tone here. Sounded quite haunting in a cool way. 4/5
Bonnet: Always cool to hear this unexpected side of Graham's voice. His delivery here makes me think he'd be a good fit for a musical of some kind. 4.5/5
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:44 am

Distorted Tone
Bolton: Mm, wasn't really impressed with either of the selections here. In neither one are we given very much to work with imo. As for this clip, it's kinda difficult to judge this for it's distortion since it is more or less the same exact tone Bolton uses all the time anyway. On its own though, good rasp on powerful notes. 3/5
Etik: Very much a distorted note to open, I personally find that pretty difficult to achieve myself, and he is able to sustain it well without becoming uncontrolled. 3.5/5

Soft Singing
Graham: It wasn't for his name being there, I would not have ever guessed who this was. Very gentle, and extremely well controlled. I don't think there was anything about this I didn't like. 4.5/5
Sorne: Mmm that mezza voce. Very nice quality, even some classical quality to it. Those E5s are just killing me. 5/5
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 am

Distorted

Bolton- Very impressive sound, but felt really oversung and didn't sound very pleasant or melodious to me, just wanky. 3/5
Etik- Pretty sick sounding distortion; wish it was a bit longer but I won't take off points for that. 4/5

Soft

Bonnet- Really damn good, nice to hear a different side of Bonnet. It sounded really passionate and composed. 4/5
Sorne- This was a pretty cool clip. Interesting voice on this singer, good control and soft singing. 4/5
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:59 am

-Best distorted tone:

Bolton- Not really very distorted, just a little raspy, but I really like how he controls the vibrato on those highs notes. 3.5/5

Kin Etik- Holy shit the first seconds I though "what's that, some animal roaring?". Pretty badass distorted tone. Spacious and powerful. Would've loved to see it applied to something else than just a sustained note though. 3.5/5

-Best use of soft singing:

Bonnet- Like the tone, but it sounds way too "typical oldier tenor" for me. Nothing really impressive about the phrasing or delivery to me. 3/5

Sorne- You sure this is a dude? Sounds incredibly light and kind of "heavenly". Really like the "and we fly by the starlight" part at the end with the mellisma and everything. Not my kind of favorite tone, but pretty fucking impressive nonenthless. 4/5
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandblasted on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:36 am

Best distorted tone:
Bolton - More typical Bolton stuff even tho his rasp up there is pretty cool, anyway I know you're quite the fan of this clip and i can sorta see why. 3.5/5
Etik - Some massive distortion that does sound really cool, my only problem being that it's a scream rather than a good melodic clip w/ that sound but that's more of a preference and not really the focus. 4/5

Best soft singing
Bonnet - Really impressed by Graham showing this side of his voice, really sweet tone and melody, makes me curious to hear the whole song actually. 4/5
Sorne - This guy can sound ridiculously feminine when he wants to, nice melodic control and a pretty interesting cadence to boot. 4.5/5
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 am

Pepe Forever wrote:Bonnet- Like the tone, but it sounds way too "typical oldier tenor" for me. Nothing really impressive about the phrasing or delivery to me. 3/5

Maybe try singing it? Wink
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:39 am

Best Distorted Tone

Bolton: Again is "choked" tone is a big letdown for me, but the distortion usage per se is nice and the little growl he applies on some notes fits his style of music pretty well. 3/5

Etik: That was a pretty wicked sound, really powerful and roar-like. I understand your logic on the choice of this clip, but I kinda wish to hear this in a more "musical" context other than a single sustained note. Don't get me wrong, this is amazing and a really good example of distorted tone, I only think personally that a longer clip featuring this tone. 4/5

Best Soft Singing

Bonnet: That was pretty sweet, very nice and pleasant. I sincerely think your cut was a bit too early, I kinda wished to hear how he would handle that passage where he started to raise the volume, the effect was really great. 3,5/5

Sorne: I really dig this. The vocals are simply impressive, a really feminine and light sound used for a mystic-sounding passage. Really great passage. 5/5
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:58 am

Rapport Rapturer wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote:Bonnet- Like the tone, but it sounds way too "typical oldier tenor" for me. Nothing really impressive about the phrasing or delivery to me. 3/5

Maybe try singing it? Wink

DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Distorted tone
Bolton: A bit oversung, but obviously his technique is great. 3.5/5
Kin Etik: Always loved that note. Very huge! 4/5

Soft singing
Bonnet: Wouldn't have known this was him. Not the softest, but still quite nice to hear. 3.5/5
Sorne: ...And I wouldn't have known this was a guy at first. Super feminine, outstanding! 5/5
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top