Re: ROUND 1: ICUP vs Whackooyzero

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:16 pm

This man wins the million dollars.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:11 am

The problem here is that i'm not telling you're wrong and i'm still getting the response back calling me dumb and stupid just because your incapabilty to accept others opinions or ways of reasoning, it's just wrong because you said so, well hell no hitler. The same happened with bradphone (and i do think this is a completly different subject), SSs are long gone so now, so if i "break the rules" will i be sodomized by a gang of niggers? hell yes in this case the homosexual leader would be Timi. Other thing what's up with the IQ thing? when i'm trying to sound smart? i think i forgot this place was the meet site for all Platon's, John Nash, Zuckenberg, etc elite pupils, fuck no you're just a bunch of angry kids who can't accept love in their lives so you just go around spreading hate among others.
At least i don't enjoy myself while talking bullshit about others behind their backs.
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:31 am

DonutsGalacticos wrote:The problem here is that i'm not telling you're wrong and i'm still getting the response back calling me dumb and stupid just because your incapabilty to accept others opinions or ways of reasoning, it's just wrong because you said so, well hell no hitler. The same happened with bradphone (and i do think this is a completly different subject), SSs are long gone so now, so if i "break the rules" will i be sodomized by a gang of niggers? hell yes in this case the homosexual leader would be Timi. Other thing what's up with the IQ thing? when i'm trying to sound smart? i think i forgot this place was the meet site for all Platon's, John Nash, Zuckenberg, etc elite pupils, fuck no you're just a bunch of angry kids who can't accept love in their lives so you just go around spreading hate among others.
At least i don't enjoy myself while talking bullshit about others behind their backs.
I was about to defend you, until you revealed yourself to be a homophobic racist, proving that you are dumb and stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:45 am

Laughing You are the most delusional person I've EVER met and sure is saying a lot.

1. Nobody's talking "bullshit behind anybody's backs". We are thoroughly honest with you and that includes telling when you're acting like a retard, just like right now. Stop acting like a martyr.
2. Think back to why YOU alone are getting these snide remarks and nobody else. The reason is that you're acting like a childish dumbass or rambling nonsense everywhere, all while trying to portray yourself as a particularly knowing mind. It's annoying as hell and I sure as hell am not the only one bothered by it.
3. What a beautiful example of your wisdom in the middle. "Will I be sodomized by a gang of niggers"
4. The IQ thing started with you telling us how you're often seen as a 'smart' dude in the Hoff Topic section, remember? Your contributions to the personality debate, plus writing random ramblings everywhere have also contributed to this. We are not demanding 'high IQ levels from the posters' but rather basic understanding of how writing on a forum works, especially from a guy who emhasized "how smart he is seen as".
5. I'll gladly be a 'homosexual leader', if that means getting disposed of a pretentious retard like yourself. You write dang great music, but as a personality I'm saddened to see that you always come back and make a fool out of yourself again, especially with these insults.
6. No, we're people tired of seeing you embarrass yourself in front of everyone. It was funny at first, now it's  mainly sad.
7. Stating an opinion =/= Stating opinions as facts

Now stop this ridiculous debate and get back to doing something productive instead. This thread is a match-up for singer clips, not a "look how much I'm mistreated by the rest of the forum" thread.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:48 am

Best Low Singing

Starman - Stevie Wonder: Not particularly impressive, but pretty well done and natural-sounding enough. Not bad, you just were unfortunate to have Swano as an opponent. 2,5/5

Whacko - Dan Swano: Really powerful low notes, really great tone and amazing delivery. 4/5

Best Vocal Climax

Starman - Jeff Buckley: Quite a weird timbre, it sounds quite experimental and if it's done as a stylistic choice, Jeff had a very interesting approach on singing. Some great sustained notes, but it's not exactly my cup of tea (the intentionally uncontrolled vibrato throws me off, he isn't controlling his distortion pretty well). 3/5

Whacko - Jeff Scott Soto: I agree with KMIG when he said that Soto only really kicked the gears during the late part of the climax, but otherwise, it's nice. Again, I'm not a fan of the sound, but those are some well-done slides and runs. 3/5
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 am

DonutsGalacticos wrote:The problem here is that i'm not telling you're wrong and i'm still getting the response back calling me dumb and stupid just because your incapabilty to accept others opinions or ways of reasoning, it's just wrong because you said so, well hell no hitler. The same happened with bradphone (and i do think this is a completly different subject), SSs are long gone so now, so if i "break the rules" will i be sodomized by a gang of niggers? hell yes in this case the homosexual leader would be Timi. Other thing what's up with the IQ thing? when i'm trying to sound smart? i think i forgot this place was the meet site for all Platon's, John Nash, Zuckenberg, etc elite pupils, fuck no you're just a bunch of angry kids who can't accept love in their lives so you just go around spreading hate among others.

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:15 am

@GT i'm not sure if this comment is a joke but if it is not... Homophobic racist??? nooo you totally missuderstood my point.
@Timi, i think you insulted few times bradphone and no one gave a shit. I'm going to stop it, hope you all do the same.

i still love you babe <3

DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandblasted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:30 am

To get things back on track after the butthurt:

Best low singing:
Stevie - Eh, the backing vocals are pretty distracting so it's hard to make any good low phrasing, even tho it's good in the context of the song. 1.5/5
Swano - Very strong and dark, the phrasing and melody actually reminds me a bit of Pepper Keenan in "Pearls Before Swine".  4/5

Best vocal climax:
Buckley - Really powerful stuff here, the raw distorted notes are nice touch, the distortion may not be really well controlled yet it works fine in context, better than the studio version. 4/5
Soto - This gets better as goes along, very strong highs and the best part in an otherwise unremarkable pop rock song.  4/5
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:34 am

how is it not well controlled?  Sad can you post something which you think has good distortion controll i feel as though my life is a lie

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:17 am

Well done Whackooyzero! I don't know when the first round ends, but you're the clear winner. Best of luck in the next round Smile
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 pm

-Best low singing:

Stevie Wonder- That's seriously him or some random backup vocalist? I'm more inclined to the 2nd. 1/5

Dan Swano- Dat goth baritone. The layering is definetely what brings the strenght here, still a pretty nice tone and passage. 3.5/5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Best vocal climax:

Jeff Buckley- Oh my, gotta love Jeff. Though I feel he could pull a better, more enjoyable tone, it has all that a climax needs to have: passion, emotion, intensity. The not perfect score is, once again, due to the tone not being that great right here. 4.5/5

Jeff Scott Soto- Typical tenorock glam metal climatic singing, which doesn't take away the fact that it sounds pretty damn nice and the highs are the end are absolutely insane. Not really getting the climax from a mood/emotional viewpoint but what the hell. 4/5.
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Low Singing
Stevie: The lows are too far back for me to even tell if it's him... 1.5/5
Swano: I'm quite familiar with these lows and they're really powerful. It's hard to believe it's the same guy that sings with Unicorn, or Nightingale. 4/5

Vocal Climax
Buckley: Very nice sounding and strong too. Quite energetic, I guess. 4/5
Soto: A pretty cool finish! Very tasteful despite reaching some pretty crazy pitches. 4/5

MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monocus on Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:00 am

Best Low Singing:

(1) Starman/Wonder  -  With more than a dozen singers credited for backing vocals, I don't think it's Wonder. Far too low in the mix to rate the low singing, anyway. 1/5
(2)  Whackooyero/Swano  - Really nice strong lows, but musically pretty uninteresting. 3/5

Best Vocal Climax:

(1) Starman/Buckley - Great, but I have heard him sing this song even better. 4/5
(2)  Whackooyero/Soto - Classic high note climax. Really good. 4/5
Monocus
Range Advisor

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top