ROUND 1: Big Brother vs KeithMoonIsGod

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ROUND 1: Big Brother vs KeithMoonIsGod

Post  Sandblasted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 am

Best low singing:
Vedder - Very soothing and warm, with some intentional breathniess (at least it seems that way to me) to boot, damn near perfect clip for this category. 5/5
Lake - Damn strong D2s and C2s, interesting timbre as well that has an almost "metallic" quality to it, some of the best control I've heard around that area. 4.5/5

Best vocal climax:
Corey - Unfortunately, the quality of this clip doesn't do it any favors since the compression seems to be ducking Corey's vocals under the guitars a bit, very strong belting from him regardless altho the sparseness of his vocals brings it down for me a bit, a great song climax nonetheless. 3/5
Anderson - Very easy highs and phrasing that do get quite climactic towards the end of the clip, seems to serve the song pretty well. 3.5/5
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:34 pm

-Best low singing:

Eddie Vedder- Great singing. Excellent warm lows. The charming and soothing sound really fits with the calm of the instruments and the mood of the song. And I've just realised he sounds like a younger version of Leonard Cohen here Laughing. 4.5/5

Greg Lake- That sounds simply cool as fuck. This is probably what I'm gonna be thinking now everytime I think of "a cool vois". Who gives a shit if it sounds fryish, it's controlled and well projected, and sounds amazing. Don't know if I should go with the familiarity bias and give the upper hand to Eddie... but being similar tones both fitting very well with the mood of the song, I'll make this a tie. 4.5/5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best vocal climax:

Corey Taylor- Gotta love Corey and his badass baritone highs. One of the best distortions in the bussiness. Still this sounds too "jammy" and "outro"ish to be considered a climax, as I feel it more as a fade away than a build up in intensity, therefore lacking the "punch" of a climax and too much time for scream to scream. Corey's highs still sound passionate and badass, too bad his voice is lower in the mix as the guitar kicks in too. Perhaps some of his rougher stuff from Slipknot would've done better. 3.5/5

Jon Anderson- Prog rock's climaxes are guaranteed to be epic. Maybe lacked a little bit of intensity, but whatever. Digged the light timbre here and the higher note at the end fits really well. As much as I love Corey thinks this servers the purpose of a climax much more. 4/5
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 am

Best low singing
Eddie Vedder (3.5/5): Cool, seems to be easy i can imagine him being on hawai with 2 niggers weaving him with banana three leafs. No racist intention here people, i swear.  Pray 
Greg Lake (2.5/5): lol what a weird music, vocals fit it amazingly

Climax
Corey Taylor (1.5/5): not a big fan of this one, i've heard better things by him.
Jon Anderson (2/5): mmm not that bad i guess
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:14 am

DonutsGalacticos wrote:
Eddie Vedder (3.5/5): Cool, seems to be easy i can imagine him being on hawai with 2 niggers weaving him with banana three leafs. No racist intention here people, i swear.  Pray 

i mean, you must realize you're treading on thin ice as is. rebelliousness doesn't suit you, manuel.

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monocus on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 am

Best Low Singing:

(1) Keith/Lake  -  Cool tone, really strong, and suits the song well. 4,5/5
(2)  Big Brother/Vedder -  Nice warm timbre. Don't like it as much as Lake's performance, but it's still really good. 4/5

Best Vocal Climax:

(1) Keith/Anderson - An epic climax in the larger context of the song (one of my favourite Yes tunes), although not immediately obvious from the clip alone. Great singing. 4,5/5
(2)  Big Brother/Taylor - Well done, but doesn't come close to "Heart of the Sunrise" for me. 3/5
Monocus
Range Advisor

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:23 pm

Low Singing
Vedder: Nice, very pleasant and warm. I don't know what else to say. Razz 4/5
Lake: Always loved these lows, super-solid, really. 4.5/5

Vocal Climax
Taylor: Also pleasant, but not really the most climactic. 3/5
Anderson: I'm very familiar with this clip too. A decent climax, light and lovely. That ending always leaves me wanting more though! 4/5
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top