Scott Walker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scott Walker

Post  Croak on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:32 am

Voice type: Baritone
Vocal range: F♯2-A4

Significant high notes:

• A4 ("SDSS1466+13B")
  • G♯4 ("Track Three", "The Cockfighter", "Dimple", "Brando")
  • G4 ("SDSS1466+13B", "Dimple")
  • F♯4 ("The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Any More", "The Plague", "Rhymes of Goodbye", "The Electrician", "Nite Flights", "Rawhide", "Track Three", "Dealer", "Manhattan", "Clara", "Corps de Blah", "Phrasing", "Epizootics!")
  • F4 ("Black Sheep Boy", "Plastic Palace People", "We Came Through", "The Seventh Seal", "Hero of the War", "Shutout", "Track 5", "Bolivia '95", "Patriot (a single)", "Jesse",  "Jolson & Jones",
    "Cue","Phrasing", "The Day the 'Conducator' Died (A Christmas Song)")
  • E4 ("Next", "Wait Until Dark", "Come Next Spring", "Two Weeks Since You've Gone", "The World's Strongest Man", "The Old Man Is Back Again", "Farmer in the City", "Bouncer See Bouncer", "Face on Breast", "Funeral Tango",, "Make it Easy on Yourself", "Next", "Cossacks Are")
  • E♭4 ("Best of Both Worlds", "Sons of", "Alone")

Significant low notes:

• B2 ("Copenhagen")
  • B♭2 ("Best of Both Worlds", "Sleepwalker's Woman")
  • A2 ("The Amorous Humphrey Plugg", "The Girls from the Streets", "The Bridge", "Sons Of", "Track Six", "30 Century Man", "Winter Night", "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore", "Only Myself to Blame", "The Girls from the Streets")
  • G♯2 ("Plastic Palace People", "Alone", "It's Raining Today", "Track Five", "Bolivia '95")
  • G2 ("If You Go Away", "Man from Reno")
  • F♯2 ("Windows of the World", "Blanket Roll Blues")

No color annotations necessary, he stays impeccably in controlled modal range.

Notewatched so far: Scott 2, Scott 3, Scott IV, the good bits of Nite Flights, Climate of Hunter, Tilt, The Drift, Bish Bosch

Last edited by Croak on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:47 am; edited 8 times in total
Croak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Scott Walker

Post  Spydr on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:45 am

You forgot the image.

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Croak on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:08 am

Sorry, my bad! Fixed.
Croak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spydr on Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:19 am

Anyway, I may have a few Scott Walker notes not in this list yet, I'll keep you posted.

Edit:

High
Spoiler:

Low
Spoiler:

The notable part in the  near 13 minute "Clara" is at 2:48, some F#4s in that new operatic style of his. I've heard several of his albums secondhand, but have a sort of foggy memory of the notes. You actually found most of the highest ones I knew of, you could probably start his notable range at about Eb4/E4.

Edit 2: Here are some I gathered, not counting what you've already found.

High Notes

F#4 Clara, The Plague, Rawhide, Rhymes of Goodbye
F4 We came through, Hero of the war, Jesse, Bolivia '95, The Seventh Seal, Jolson & Jones,
Track 5, Queue, Phrasing, The Day The Conductor Died (A Christmas Song)
E4 Two Weeks since you've gone, Farmer in the City, Bouncer See Bouncer, Funeral Tango, Patriot (A Single) Make it easy on your self, Next
Eb4 Sons of, Alone

Low Notes

B2 Copenhagen
A2 30 century Man, Winter Night, The Sun Ain't Gonna shine anymore, Only myself to blame, Track Six, The Girls From the Streets.
G#2 Alone, Track 5
G2 If you go away, Man from Reno

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Croak on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:47 pm

IMO this is as good as finished. I believe everything's covered save for probably minor Walker Brothers tunes and Walker's solo "lost years" country rock covers albums regarding which I'm of the "not even once" school of listening.
Croak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spydr on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:20 am

You think so? as far as the extremities of his range it probably is, but do you not think there might be some more to add in between? I've only heard one of his old albums (60s stuff, Climate technically isn't "old" in the same sense) the rest were just select songs.

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Croak on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:16 am

Spydr wrote:You think so? as far as the extremities of his range it probably is, but do you not think there might be some more to add in between? I've only heard one of his old albums (60s stuff, Climate technically isn't "old" in the same sense) the rest were just select songs.

Yeah, I take that back. Chalk it up to trying to call shots without even knowing how things work on this forum.
Croak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top