Tsuzuku (Mejibray)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tsuzuku (Mejibray)

Post  Shikkaku on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:37 am

Tsuzuku

Voice Type: (Counting) Goat(s) Tenor - Alternatively Dangerously Skinny Kyo-Clone
Melodic Vocal Range: F2-G5
Total Vocal Range: F1-E♭7

Significant High Notes

E♭7 (“Fell to the Heaven”)
C7 (“Door-zaki Ma-die”)
B♭6 (“Maiso Mushi”, “Genzai no Ringu”, “Venoms”, “Kodoku no Catacomb”, “Negator Negator”)
A6 (“Fell to the Heaven”, “Thinker”, “Maiso Mushi”)
G♯6 (“Wrath of God”, “Mechanical Beauty”, “Killing Me” Album Version, “Sadisgate”, “Hakuraku” Second Version, “Avalon”, “D.E. Incubus”, “Die Kusse”, “Insomnia”, “Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours”)
G6 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras” Album Version, “Itsuka Kimi ni Korosa re Shina Runara”, “Apocalypse” Second Version, “Die Kusse”, “Messiah”, “A Priori”, “Shuuei”, “Gesshoku”, “Raven” Single and Album Version, “Madari”, “Theatrical Blue Black” Single and Album Versions, “Kairii”, “Acme”, “Paradigm Paradox[/u]”)
F♯6 (“A Priori”, “Nepenthes”)
B♭5 (“Maiso Mushi”)
G♯5 (“Theatrical Blue Black” Album Version)
G5 (“Sabbat” Album Version, “Killing Me” Album Version, “Theatrical Blue Black” Single and Album Versions, “Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara”, “Ningen”, “Mukade”)
F5 (“Gesshoku”, “Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours”, “Raven” Single and Album Version, “Bi“name”jika”, “Servant”, “Cristate”, “Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara”, “Kasane”, “Renyus”)
E♭5 (“And Then There were None”, “Sliver”, “Itsuwari no Kamen/ Jisatsu no Uta”, “Sadisgate”, “Messiah”, “A Priori”, “RiskER”, “Raven” Single and Album Versions, “Bi“name”jika”, “Bow Wow”, “Servant”, “Cristate”, “Nepenthes”, “Ningen”, “Eiki”, “Venoms”, “Secret No. 3”, “Door-zaki Ma-die”)
D5 (“Crazed Brain”, “Shuuei”, “Raven” Single and Album Versions, “Koegakierumade”, “Mukade”)
C♯5 (“Divergence”, “Sabbat” Album Version, “Shunkan no Ideal”, “Paradigm Paradox”)
C5 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras” Single and Album Versions, “Invisible Tower Maker”, “Eiphilia”, “Chameleon Yummy”, “Kokyu”, “Want”, “Fallin' Maria”, “Insomnia”, “Shitto”, “Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours”, “Raven” Single and Album Versions, “Madari”, “Koegakierumade”, “Hate”, “Hungry Psychopath”, “Contagion”, “Cristate”, “Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara”, “Genzai no Ringu”, “Ningen”, “Kairi”, “Until...”, “Kodoku no Catacomb”, “Victim(ism)”, “Secret no. 03”, “Door-zaki Ma-die”)
B4 (“Avalon”, “Koegakierumade”, “Echo”)
B♭4 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras” Single and Album Versions, “Killing Me” Single and Album Versions, “Sliver”, “Kore wo Izon to Yobu Nara”, “Baby Crossing”, “Distance.exe”, “Sabbat” Single and Album Versions, “Fell to the Heaven”, “Wrath of God”, “Invisible Tower Maker”, “Eiphilia”, “Black Baccarat”, “Emily”, “Die Kusse”, “Messiah”, “Kase to Chinou -Sorette Totemo Ningen Rashiitte Kami-sama wa Waratteru no-”, “A Priori”, “-XV-”, “RiskER”, “Melancholia”, “Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai”, “Raven” Single and Album Versions, “Theatrical Blue Black” Single and Album Versions, “Diefil”, “Hungry Psychopath”, “Contagion”, “Shunkan no Ideal”, “Bow Wow”, “Suicidal Word Game”, “Cristate”, “Genzai no Ringu”, “Until...”, “Paradigm Paradox”, “Door-zaki Ma-die”)
A4 (“Crazed Brain”, “Anemone”, “Invisible Tower Maker”, “Eiphilia”, “Chameleon Yummy”, “Violet”, “Fallin' Maria”, “Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai”, “Echo”, “Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara”, “Victim(ism)”)
G♯4 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras” Single and Album Versions, “Killing Me” Single and Album Versions, “Distance.exe”, “Sabbat” Single and Album Versions, “Avalon”, “Die Kusse”, “Insomnia”,  “Gesshoku”, “Bi“name”jika”, “Mr. Rain wa Shindafuri”, “Echo”, “Shunkan no Ideal”, “Suicidal Word Game”, “Nepenthes”, “Isago  ni Kaerishi Kimi Hashiru”)

Significant Low Notes:

E3 ("Anemone", "Hatred x Tangle Red x Hungry Red")
E♭3 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Single and Album Versions, "Itsuwari no Kamen/ Jisatsu no Uta", "Sadisgate", "Avalon", "Kokyu", "Shitto", "Genzai no Ringu", "Until...”, “Kodoku no Catacomb")
D3 ("Hakuraku" First and Second Versions, "Crazed Brain", "Kokyu", "Koegakierumade", "Bi“name”jika", "Contagion", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
C♯3 ("Avalon", "Violet")
C3 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Album Version, "Anemone", "Emily", "Shitto", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara", "Venoms", "Until...")
B2 ("Spice")
B♭2 ("Kore wo Izon to Yobu Nara", "Fell to the Heaven", "Emily", "D.E. Incubus", "Shuuei", "Melancholia", "Ningen")
A2 ("Anemone", "Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
G♯2 (“Secret no. 03”)
G2 ("Shuuei", "Kairi")
F2 ("Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
E2 (“Scharze Messe”)
E♭2 (“Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours”)
D2 (“Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai”)
G1 (“And Then There were None”, “Mukade”)
F1 (“Hakuraku” Second Version)

*Italycs marks non-melodic notes: eg. intentional low speaking, screamed or growled notes....
Blue marks soft/disconnected falsetto notes.
*Green marks heavily distorted/harsh notes.
*Gray marks strong fry notes.
*Underlines mark notes found on backing vocals or otherwise obscured/muffled on the mix.

Tsuzuku is the vocalist for the japanese whatever-metal band Mejibray. On a musical scene that is currently been filled with all sorts of Kyo and Dir en Grey clones, Tzk is one that definitely sticks out. While still heavily influenced by Kyo (something very noticeably on his very distorted whistle screams and his obsession to stack as many different vocal styles he can in the same track), his tone is remarkably similar to fellow J-rocker Sono from Matenrou Opera - a slightly whiny tenor with a remarkably wild vibrato (which can get pretty grating at times).

Last edited by Shikkaku on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:36 am; edited 12 times in total
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tsuzuku (Mejibray)

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:03 am

Great voice indeed, it's quite amusing how jrockers look like a mix between Marilyn Manson, Mago de Oz members (spanish pirate rock band) and Final Fantasy characters.

Last edited by DonutsGalacticos on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Setzer on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:19 am

DonutsGalacticos wrote:Great voice indeed, it's quite amusing how jrockers look like a mix between Marilyn Manson, Mago de Oz members (spanish rock band) and Final Fantasy characters.

My first thought when seeing the picture was some Marilyn Manson-like character from some Japanese video game  Mr. Green 
Setzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:20 am

The visuals are an equally important factor in the japanese music industry. The so called "visual kei" movement (the term is quite hard to explain, but is used to describe bands that incorporate this kind of elaborate hairstyles, make-up and certain styles of clothes, ranging from gothic-victorian to the hell-bent-for-leather visuals of 80's metals or a colourful version of the "skate kids" style of clothing) that has a lot of really different-sounding bands ranging from pop rock to death metal or pop punk to darkwave have huge following in Japan and outside it too, lots of new bands appear and disappear every day. Sadly, some of those bands are much more worried about their visuals and less about their music.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:29 am

I know, i have some friend, not really a friend but a friend of a friend who kinda was into that thing, if i remember well he was friend of a group of guys who dressed like that, pretty usual here in madrid, frikis everywhere.
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:53 am

This is probably the best article I ever read about the visual kei scene, if anyone is interested.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:02 am

How did I know, you already made a thread for him.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:13 am

Princess Demi wrote:How did I know, you already made a thread for him.

To be quite honest, this really freaking sucks. I'm gonna make a decent one when I get my computer back ASAP. They released another full-lenght album and a couple of other singles since I did this.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:03 am

Shikkaku wrote:
Princess Demi wrote:How did I know, you already made a thread for him.

To be quite honest, this really freaking sucks. I'm gonna make a decent one when I get my computer back ASAP. They released another full-lenght album and a couple of other singles since I did this.
Lol, I started note-watching the new stuff Wink Whenever you get your computer fixed, I'll send you everything I have.
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:26 am

Not that anyone cares about him, but in case somebody found this out, I'll color and format the thread properly as soon as I can. The notes are all there, all I have to do is properly mark notes the way they should look.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:28 pm

Just for you Shi-Shi! :

Tsuzuku
Voice Type: Dangerously Skinny Kyo-Clone Tenor
Melodic Vocal Range: F2-G5
Total Vocal Range: F1-Eb7

Significant High-Notes:

E♭7 ("Fell to the Heaven")
B♭6 ("Maiso Mushi", "Genzai no Ringu", "Venoms", "Kodoku no Catacomb")
A6 ("Fell to the Heaven", "Thinker", "Maiso Mushi")
G♯6 ("Wrath of God", "Mechanical Beauty", "Killing Me" Album Version, "Sadisgate", "Hakuraku" Second Version, "Avalon", "D.E. Incubus", "Die Kusse", "Insomnia", "Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours")
G6 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Album Version, "Itsuka Kimi ni Korosa re Shina Runara", "Apocalypse" Second Version, "Die Kusse", "Messiah", "A Priori", "Shuuei", "Gesshoku", "Raven" Single and Album Version, "Madari", "Theatrical Blue Black" Single and Album Versions, "Kairi", "Acme")
F♯6 ("A Priori", "Nepenthes")
B♭5 ("Maiso Mushi")
G♯5 ("Theatrical Blue Black" Album Version)
G5 ("Sabbat" Album Version, "Killing Me" Album Version, "Theatrical Blue Black" Single and Album Versions, "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara", "Ningen", "Mukade")
F5 ("Gesshoku", "Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours", "Raven" Single and Album Version, "Bi“name”jika", "Servant", "Cristate", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara", "Kasane")
E♭5 ("And Then There were None", "Sliver", "Itsuwari no Kamen/ Jisatsu no Uta", "Sadisgate", "Messiah", "A Priori", "RiskER", "Raven" Single and Album Versions, "Bi“name”jika", "Bow Wow", "Servant", "Cristate", "Nepenthes", "Ningen", "Eiki", "Venoms")
D5 ("Crazed Brain", "Shuuei", "Raven" Single and Album Versions, "Koegakierumade", "Mukade")
C♯5 ("Divergence", "Sabbat" Album Version, "Shunkan no Ideal")
C5 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Single and Album Versions, "Invisible Tower Maker", "Eiphilia", "Chameleon Yummy", "Kokyu", "Want", "Fallin' Maria", "Insomnia", "Shitto", "Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours", "Raven" Single and Album Versions, "Madari", "Koegakierumade", "Hate", "Hungry Psychopath", "Contagion", "Cristate", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara", "Genzai no Ringu", "Ningen", "Kairi", "Until...", "Kodoku no Catacomb")
B4 ("Avalon", "Koegakierumade", "Echo")
B♭4 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Single and Album Versions, "Killing Me" Single and Album Versions, "Sliver", "Kore wo Izon to Yobu Nara", "Baby Crossing", "Distance.exe", "Sabbat" Single and Album Versions, "Fell to the Heaven", "Wrath of God", "Invisible Tower Maker", "Eiphilia", "Black Baccarat", "Emily", "Die Kusse", "Messiah", "Kase to Chinou -Sorette Totemo Ningen Rashiitte Kami-sama wa Waratteru no-", "A Priori", "-XV-", "RiskER", "Melancholia", "Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai", "Raven" Single and Album Versions, "Theatrical Blue Black" Single and Album Versions, "Diefil", "Hungry Psychopath", "Contagion", "Shunkan no Ideal", "Bow Wow", "Suicidal Word Game", "Cristate", "Genzai no Ringu", "Until...")
A4 ("Crazed Brain", "Anemone", "Invisible Tower Maker", "Eiphilia", "Chameleon Yummy", "Violet", "Fallin' Maria", "Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai", "Echo", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
G♯4 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Single and Album Versions, "Killing Me" Single and Album Versions, "Distance.exe", "Sabbat" Single and Album Versions, "Avalon", "Die Kusse", "Insomnia", "Gesshoku", "Bi“name”jika", "Mr. Rain wa Shindafuri", "Echo", "Shunkan no Ideal", "Suicidal Word Game", "Nepenthes", "Isago ni Kaerishi Kimi Hashiru")

Significant Low-Notes:

E3 ("Anemone", "Hatred x Tangle Red x Hungry Red")
E♭3 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Single and Album Versions, "Itsuwari no Kamen/ Jisatsu no Uta", "Sadisgate", "Avalon", "Kokyu", "Shitto", "Genzai no Ringu", "Until...”, “Kodoku no Catacomb")
D3 ("Hakuraku" First and Second Versions, "Crazed Brain", "Kokyu", "Koegakierumade", "Bi“name”jika", "Contagion", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
C♯3 ("Avalon", "Violet")
C3 ("Karma -Gareki no Mantichoras" Album Version, "Anemone", "Emily", "Shitto", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara", "Venoms", "Until...")
B2 ("Spice")
B♭2 ("Kore wo Izon to Yobu Nara", "Fell to the Heaven", "Emily", "D.E. Incubus", "Shuuei", "Melancholia", "Ningen")
A2 ("Anemone", "Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai", "Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
G2 ("Shuuei", "Kairi")
F2 ("Tori wa Oyogikata o Shirazu Obore Nakigara")
E2 ("Scharze Messe")
E♭2 ("Decadance – Counting Goats… If I Can't Be Yours")
D2 ("Sou to Utsu to Kyoukai")
G1 ("And Then There were None", "Mukade")
F1 ("Hakuraku" Second Version)
Italics: denotes a-melodic/spoken notes
Underline: denotes backing vocals/vocals obscured in the mix
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:10 am

Aw Purinsesu you're so cute I love you

Well as I pointed out I lost my USB flash drive with the notewatching file (with all the italics, underlines and colors) so I won't be able to properly format the OP as I originally wanted. Unlike Kyo, for instance, Tzk would be a neat case of somebody one could use colors to denote different approaches: his whistle register is much more distorted than Kyo's, the distinction between his falsetto and his "not-falsetto" is pretty clear and theresn't much of a "blurred line" between the two approaches (cough Kyopera cough), and there's also his very strong fry notes as well. I remember from the top of my head some notes that should be colored or marked with underlines, but my head is a total mess from the amount of info I got (in case you don't remember I'm a History student Very Happy ) and I just don't remember much. There are a few notes below G5 that should be marked with italics as well.

BTW It took me so much effort for me to come up with a good joke regarding Tzk's voice type Sad I'll gladly use the Picture you picked up (that looks suspiciously similar to the Dadaroma's guy BTW)
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:08 am

Shikkaku wrote:Aw Purinsesu you're so cute I love you

Well as I pointed out I lost my USB flash drive with the notewatching file (with all the italics, underlines and colors) so I won't be able to properly format the OP as I originally wanted. Unlike Kyo, for instance, Tzk would be a neat case of somebody one could use colors to denote different approaches: his whistle register is much more distorted than Kyo's, the distinction between his falsetto and his "not-falsetto" is pretty clear and theresn't much of a "blurred line" between the two approaches (cough Kyopera cough), and there's also his very strong fry notes as well. I remember from the top of my head some notes that should be colored or marked with underlines, but my head is a total mess from the amount of info I got (in case you don't remember I'm a History student Very Happy ) and I just don't remember much. There are a few notes below G5 that should be marked with italics as well.

BTW It took me so much effort for me to come up with a good joke regarding Tzk's voice type Sad I'll gladly use the Picture you picked up (that looks suspiciously similar to the Dadaroma's guy BTW)
Well, tell me all of the notes that are underlined, colored, and or italicized, and I'll quote the thread again, and fix everything up. If push comes to shove, I can go through and check the notes. Also, I wanted to combine Chris' favorite vois type, as well as my on-going trend of Kyo-Clone threads lol. And I also want to get similar pics for all of the Kyo clones too, so they may be united as one Laughing
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 am

I retrieved my USB Flash drive Smile

I'll update the thread when I have the time.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:21 am

Shikkaku always jumps out of nothing with multi octave singers. Yeah!
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:08 am

kokope wrote: Shikkaku always jumps out of nothing with multi octave singers. Yeah!

Nah, Kyo is pretty much the only extremely rangey singer I notewatched and Tsuzuku is basically one of his more sucessful clones range-wise Smile
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:35 am

Shikkaku wrote:
kokope wrote: Shikkaku always jumps out of nothing with multi octave singers. Yeah!

Nah, Kyo is pretty much the only extremely rangey singer I notewatched and Tsuzuku is basically one of his more sucessful clones range-wise Smile
Mao sounds the most similar though
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:21 am

3 new songs came out today! Get on that Shi-Shi, cause I'm out of commission for awhile lol
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:10 am

Formating done. I didn't checked any live stuff nor his pre-Mejibray stuff (there's also a few other Mejibray tracks I didn't checked yet) but I'll do it when I feel like doing it and have time in my hands. And I'll also write a better descriptions with examples and stuff.

Demi, you have my heart but you'll never have my threads. Dance
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 am

Shikkaku wrote:Formating done. I didn't checked any live stuff nor his pre-Mejibray stuff (there's also a few other Mejibray tracks I didn't checked yet) but I'll do it when I feel like doing it and have time in my hands. And I'll also write a better descriptions with examples and stuff.

Demi, you have my heart but you'll never have my threads. Dance
Awww Cheeky I can check the new single in a minute, and your quotes are still messed up Naughty . I'll fix that too Yeah!
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:35 am

——————————
▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░
▒░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░
░░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄
░░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
░░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░
░░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░
░▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░
░▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░
░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:50 am

Eh
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:51 am

You should replace his image with that.
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:25 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:You should replace his image with that.
sp00ky
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectAlpha on Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:30 am

Shikkaku wrote:

Fucking please don't use the word "extremely rangey"
SubjectAlpha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top