DogsOfWar271

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DogsOfWar271

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:18 am

Voice type: Baritenor (Vocal colour of a baritone, tessitura of a tenor)
Vocal range: E2-A5

Significant high notes:

A5 ("Black Dog")
G5 ("It's So Easy")
F♯5 ("Birth Ritual", "Communication Breakdown")
F5 ("Beyond the Wheel", "Here I Go Again", "Hollow", "Mr. Brownstone", "Right Turn", "Up All Night")
E5 ("Black Dog", "Hunger Strike", "Immigrant Song", "Rusty Cage")
E♭5 ("Beyond the Wheel", "Birth Ritual", "Heartbreaker", "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", "Mr. Brownstone", "My Michelle", "Sweet Child o' Mine", "Travellin' Band")
D5 ("Jesus Christ Pose", "Whole Lotta Love")
C♯5 ("Heartbreaker", "Heaven and Hell", "Hollow", "Immigrant Song")
C5 ("Black Dog", "Seasons", "Rusty Cage", "Travellin' Band")
B4 ("Ramble On", "Here I Go Again", "Hunger Strike", "Whole Lotta Love")
B♭4 ("Burden in My Hand", "Heartbreaker", "Heaven and Hell", "Love, Hate, Love", "Man in the Box", "Travellin' Band")
A4 ("Black Dog")
G♯4 ("Seasons")
G4 ("Plush")

Significant low notes:

E2 ("Mannish Boy", "Rusty Cage")
F♯2 ("Beyond the Wheel", "Right Turn")
G2 ("Mannish Boy")
G♯2 ("Beyond the Wheel", "Love, Hate, Love")
A2 ("Right Turn", "Rusty Cage")
B♭2 ("Beyond the Wheel", "Birth Ritual")
B2 ("Right Turn")
C♯3 ("It's So Easy", "Knockin' on Heaven's Door", "Love, Hate, Love")
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
*Blue marks falsetto notes.
*Italics mark speaking.

DogsOfWar271 has always been one of my favourite Youtube singers. Sadly, his identity remains unknown, and the Youtube channel is the only place where you can hear his singing, so far consisting only of rock vocal covers. He seems to possess a blend of dramatic baritone vocal timbre combined with an effortless, agile tenor voice (so technically a dramatic tenor?), and is able to imitate the likes of Robert Plant and Chris Cornell almost perfectly. He is definitely one of the most underrated singers I've ever heard, and, as a fellow singer/musician, I find his talent world-class. Think about it, this guy's probably working at a local office during days instead of sharing his golden voice. And most of all, he claims he's completely a self-taught singer! One of the craziest voices I've ever heard, enough said.

Vocal strengths: an endless high range, an impeccable tone and pure power. An ability to imitate various singers very accurately. A dark, dramatic vocal timbre adds extra drama and depth to his singing. Pretty much the perfect technique for high rock vocals.

Vocal weaknesses: occasional pitch problems and a lack of knowledge on the technical side of his voice. (For the better or worse, as his technique is already dang amazing and natural) Lower register is nowhere near the strength of the higher end, but sounds good tonally nonetheless. (Has lately improved!)

Spoiler:
A couple of my favourite videos by him, absolutely wicked singing!

HOLY SHIT

Last edited by Rapport Rapturer on Thu May 29, 2014 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DogsOfWar271

Post  Sandblasted on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:07 am

Damn powerful voice indeed!  Shocked  Really good Cornell-esque tone and power, and I think I hear a bit of Barlow as well. That E♭5 near the end of the Mr. Brownstone in the fourth vid was pretty fucking immense.
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:19 am

This guy slays those Chris Cornell/ Robert Plant wails! He seems to nail those opened vowels better than many professional singers out in the so called music industry today. I really hope he gets noticed because he can really go places.
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top