[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 66

The Beatles

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:11 am

For me, Macca's definitely the pick.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Beatles

Post  B6 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am

Macca is my fave vocalist of the four (obviously) but I kinda have a soft spot for George's voice and I thought he would get less votes so I voted for him Smile
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 pm

I pretty much guessed Macca would win here Laughing

Fav's John, personally. Most of Macca's songwriting does nothing for me. Fantastic singer though, for sure. I just value songwriting miles above singing.

2nd pick would have been George, then Macca, then Ringo. Poor Ringo Sad
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

He's got a quite nice voice too Smile It's cool how their voices kinda graded into each other placement-wise.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Yeah, they all had pretty nice voices, haha.

Good point, Lennon and Ringo for sure made their voices sound lighter for the band.
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .Bruno on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Paul.

.Bruno

View user profile http://www.topsongs.com.br

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:21 pm

ROFL this poll was about voice?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I thought it was just general "your favorite Beatle"

By voice do you mean "Favorite singer" or "Favorite voice"? Because Paul's voice is the nicest, but I like John more as a singer, so...
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:34 am

Ohhh I thought this was for who you liked the most. Paul has the best voice without a doubt no questions asked. George Harrison probably has the second best. It's close with John.... George definitely has that beautiful soft tenor timbre.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thepirateking on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Paul had the best voice by far. John's had a really unique timbre/nasal quality though, pretty cool voice.
thepirateking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam H on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Its a hard choice, other then ruling out Ringo. Ringo is always a pity vote.

My vote goes to Harrison, aside from having the best solo career of the 4 (IMO) He was also the strongest in terms of musicality. Anyone who has analyzed his chord progressions could tell you that his musicality was through the roof. Some of his melodic mixtures are still baffling to me.

On top of all that, he is one of the greatest slide guitarists to ever live. He has got to be one of the most tasteful guitarists that ever graced the planet. He never played fast, but his attention to detail in the little things he does with his notes in guitar solos is beyond brilliant.

I could go on and on about Harrison, he is my hero.
Adam H

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Don't really care for any of them... but if I had to choose, I'll pick John.
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Adam H wrote:Its a hard choice, other then ruling out Ringo. Ringo is always a pity vote.

My vote goes to Harrison, aside from having the best solo career of the 4 (IMO) He was also the strongest in terms of musicality. Anyone who has analyzed his chord progressions could tell you that his musicality was through the roof. Some of his melodic mixtures are still baffling to me.

On top of all that, he is one of the greatest slide guitarists to ever live. He has got to be one of the most tasteful guitarists that ever graced the planet. He never played fast, but his attention to detail in the little things he does with his notes in guitar solos is beyond brilliant.

I'm with you there. George Harrison was the first song writer I listened to who would change from an F major chord to an F minor chord without applying a key change with it. Back before I realized that there was no rules to music and it didn't matter what the fuck you played that always amazed me. I said, "how the fuck can you switch to the parallel minor like that?!!" "Where is the key change?!?!?!!" "But, but, but, that's not a chord in that key!"
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam H on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:57 am

The Great Heroins wrote:
Adam H wrote:Its a hard choice, other then ruling out Ringo. Ringo is always a pity vote.

I'm with you there. George Harrison was the first song writer I listened to who would change from an F major chord to an F minor chord without applying a key change with it. Back before I realized that there was no rules to music and it didn't matter what the fuck you played that always amazed me. I said, "how the fuck can you switch to the parallel minor like that?!!" "Where is the key change?!?!?!!" "But, but, but, that's not a chord in that key!"

I know!! My two personal favorites in terms of using melodic mixtures in his chord progressions are "Beware of Darkness" and "I'd Have you Anytime". Just incredible. I still don't understand how he pulls it off so well. Maybe someday.... Wink
Adam H

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldebaran on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:18 am

I really enjoy the effect produced by that kind of chord progression. Wink
Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Adam H wrote:
The Great Heroins wrote:

I know!! My two personal favorites in terms of using melodic mixtures in his chord progressions are "Beware of Darkness" and "I'd Have you Anytime". Just incredible. I still don't understand how he pulls it off so well. Maybe someday.... Wink

I've heard both songs. I'd have you Anytime is just a beautiful song altogether. The Beatles rejected so much of George Harrison's songwriting and then just a few months after they broke up he released all those songs on that quadruple album or however fuck big it is "All Things Must Pass." I think it's the most successful solo beatles album though Band on the Run might actually be the most sold. I bet the rest of the beatles were like dumbfounded when they listened to it though. Probably felt a bit stupid honestly.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:20 am

Maccaroni

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top