Original Song - Little Girl

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Original Song - Little Girl

Post  The Great Heroins on Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:48 am

https://soundcloud.com/michael-mohler-1/bryan-maclean-story-1966

Here it is!

Edit: Quite the change in name eh?  This is the updated version, but there still is a lot missing in this.  Feel free to criticize it if anyone wants to comment.  I think the song is very poppy, and it's catchy but it is almost too much so for me.  I believe if I redo the vocals entirely at this point while warmed up much more I could try the song in a more masculine sounding voice and give it less of a Strawberry Alarm Clock sitting in with Wham! while riding in a tugboat with Elton John circa 1971 and the Killer Queen video Freddie Mercury with Roger Taylor playing the drums behind that vibe.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Original Song - Little Girl

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:44 pm

a really good song! it reminds me a lot of the Beatles pschedelyc era, even your voice reminds me a 60's singer , I don't know if you tried to make the song sound loke that but you did it haha, congratulations man you're a very good musician

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonard_Cohen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:04 am

fucking awesome, verses are the best but whole song is ace

also badasseverthing hear song with me and say also that it is rly good, he says it could made by Syd Berret : )

srsly good job man
Leonard_Cohen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:27 am

Reminds me of a combination of The Beatles and The Doors Smile
Really sweet sounding Slap Back Echo on your voice.
If this would be available as a 1,99$ download on iTunes i would definitly buy it Smile

Great voice, nice steady guitar playing, and very sweet arrangement alltogether with that Organ and the Bass.

I only missed some typical 60s britpop *Accent on the ride cymbal* drums.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Damn, I didn't think anyone would comment on this!  I was really not feeling up to finishing the song anytime soon because I didn't really feel like anyone dug it.  Now that I hear three separate people telling me it sounds good as is I will certainly get onto finishing it!  Thank you guys very much for listening.

edit: Also Bradphone, just click download off of the soundcloud profile if you are really interested in having the song.  It isn't finished but if you were sincere that is how you can get the tune.

edit: Ahh your comments are so genuine, I really have to personally thank the three of you.  Cohen, thank you.  The Syd Barrett reference is always great!  Anibalf, thank you I am glad you though it sounded 60s.  I must say that that vibe is subconscious to me when making music as it is the main thing I listen to.  And Bradphone, thank you.  I already wrote to you though heh.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top