Post  B6 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:47 am

Significant high notes:

• E♭6 ("Girls Just Wanna Have Fun")
  • C♯6 ("Thank God I'm Pretty")
  • B♭5 ("Bohemian Rhapsody")
  • A5 ("Bohemian Rhapsody")
  • G5 ("God Help Me", "O Mistress Mine")
  • F♯5 ("Dead Is the New Alive")
  • F5 ("Dead Is the New Alive", "I Know Where You Sleep", "Opheliac", "Shalott")
  • E5 ("By The Sword", "Hollow Like My Soul", "How Strange", "In the Lake", "Marry Me", "O Mistress Mine", "Thank God I'm Pretty", "What If", "Willow")
  • E♭5 ("Bohemian Rhapsody", "Chambermaid", "Dead Is the New Alive", "I Know Where You Sleep", "Let the Record Show", "Opheliac", "Prologue: Across the Sky", "Second Hand Faith")
  • D5 ("By The Sword", "I Want My Innocence Back", "Prologue: Across the Sky", "Rapunzel", "Rose Red", "Shalott", "Swallow", "Willow")
  • C♯5 ("Dead Is the New Alive", "Fight Like A Girl", "How Strange", "I Know Where You Sleep", "Marry Me", "Remember", "What If")
  • C5 ("Asleep", "Chambermaid", "Fight Like A Girl", "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "If I Burn", "If You Feel Better", "Let the Record Show", "Liar", "Prologue: Across the Sky", "Rapunzel", "Save You", "Second Hand Faith", "Shalott", "Swallow" )

Significant low notes:

• G3 ("Castle Down", "Chambermaid", "Ever", "If You Feel Better", "I Want My Innocence Back", "Liar", "O Mistress Mine", "Opheliac", "Save You", "Shalott", "The Art of Suicide")
  • F♯3 ("Dead Is the New Alive", "Hollow Like My Soul", "How Strange", "Rapunzel", "Remember", "Thank God I'm Pretty", "Willow")
  • F3 ("Bohemian Rhapsody", "By The Sword", "Dead Is the New Alive", "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "Gloomy Sunday", "God Help Me", "Let the Record Show", "Liar", "Second Hand Faith", "Swallow")
  • E3 ("Ever", "Fight Like A Girl", "Hollow Like My Soul", "If I Burn", "I Know Where You Sleep", "Opheliac")
  • E♭3 ("Bohemian Rhapsody", "Chambermaid", "Heard It All", "I Know Where You Sleep", "In the Lake", "Let the Record Show", "306")
  • D3 ("Heard It All", "Hollow Like My Soul", "If I Burn", "I Want My Innocence Back", "Opheliac", "Rapunzel")
  • C♯3 ("Liar")
  • C3 ("Gloomy Sunday")
  • B♭2 ("Prologue: Across the Sky")

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals/harmonies.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Dark and robust chest tone, even harsh at times, and at the same time a very clear and watery 'operatic' higher register, with very occasionally some relatively beltier notes as well. Her approach to high notes reminds me of Tori Amos, though I'd say she's overall quite a unique singer.

Examples of singing:

0:35-1:22 That beautiful vibrato!

Generally pretty beefy vocals, until at 4:12 she begins a pretty amazing head voice passage. Impressive!

Slightly less heady highs here; fantastic F5 at 3:55

Mixed-sounding singing up to some E5s here, sounds very light still.

Strong mid-range singing, I think it exemplifies her 'natural' sound quite well.

This song is full of strong, aggressive E♭3s. Suddenly leaps up to feathery E5s at 3:12, too.

A bit o' this and that. Warm mid-lows and clear and resonant highs bridged together quite nicely in this beautiful song.

I'm putting this here at the moment because:
-I'm not done notewatching, of course
-I'm thinking of rechecking everything I've checked and add B4s and maybe B♭4s, because in retrospect that sounds about right as the lowest 'significant' highs for her.
Oh, and I think I should credit Sippe with unknowingly introducing me to Emilie's music with his mentions of it Smile

Last edited by B6 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Emilie Autumn

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:26 am

<3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:28 am

Btw I remember a sung C3 but can't figure out which song. Will get back to you on that.

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:46 am

Thumb up 
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:20 am

Sorry, no C3 Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 am

Eh, the lows in "Prologue" are still super strong and recited-ish, so no bad. I'm thinking they might actually bottom at B♭2, too.
EDIT:
Softish C3 at 2:15? Beautiful singing throughout, too.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top