Cher - Believe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cher - Believe

Post  bradphone on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 pm

I still have the flu unfortunatly, so my voice isnt back yet, my tessitura/comfortzone (or whatever its called) is now around E4 and whenever i go higher i have the feeling that i should sing with extra care because i could crack on a note any minute.

https://soundcloud.com/bradleyvandijk/believe

The falsetto parts are a little bit odd and i dont have the best pitch in the world on the chorus, but i thought it was a decent effort with the piano and the vocals.

bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cher - Believe

Post  Starman on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Dude you have fantastic vocal stamina, but I honestly think you should get singing lessons. Something about the way you sing makes me think you're using bad technique/not breathing properly.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:37 pm

ICUP wrote:Dude you have fantastic vocal stamina, but I honestly think you should get singing lessons. Something about the way you sing makes me think you're using bad technique/not breathing properly.

Hmm.. could you explain that to me please?
What do you mean with "Fantastic Vocal Stamina" ?
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:41 pm

bradphone wrote:
ICUP wrote:Dude you have fantastic vocal stamina, but I honestly think you should get singing lessons. Something about the way you sing makes me think you're using bad technique/not breathing properly.

I don't really know how I can explain it anymore tbh. You just sound sort of strained and throaty in areas.
As in you seem to have no problem singing passages with quick phrasing. I wish I could do that. Very RnB, very nice.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 pm

ICUP wrote:
bradphone wrote:

I don't really know how I can explain it anymore tbh. You just sound sort of strained and throaty in areas.
As in you seem to have no problem singing passages with quick phrasing. I wish I could do that. Very RnB, very nice.

Ahh, like that.
It all depends, if my voice is kinda shot (Not drinking enough water, and talking all day long) i cant do those melisma`s and quick phrasings with multiple notes.
And the straining... well, thats kinda just because off my voice being "Shot" cuz of the flu.

Normally my Tessitura lies around G4/G#4 but because of the flu i think its around D4/E4, and it also makes it more difficult to sing a high note without rasp (I try to sing as clean as possible... as you can hear, i start the D5 at the end pretty clean, but it becomes more raspy at the end)

I dont have the money for vocal lessons unfortunatly, and i dont know any YouTube teachers unfortunatly..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:49 pm

bradphone wrote:
ICUP wrote:
bradphone wrote:

Ahh, like that.
It all depends, if my voice is kinda shot (Not drinking enough water, and talking all day long) i cant do those melisma`s and quick phrasings with multiple notes.
And the straining... well, thats kinda just because off my voice being "Shot" cuz of the flu.

Normally my Tessitura lies around G4/G#4 but because of the flu i think its around D4/E4, and it also makes it more difficult to sing a high note without rasp (I try to sing as clean as possible... as you can hear, i start the D5 at the end pretty clean, but it becomes more raspy at the end)

I dont have the money for vocal lessons unfortunatly, and i dont know any YouTube teachers unfortunatly..

You could potentially seriously damage your voice though. Also 2 things....
-Why are you singing through a flu, I don't understand how you can think that's a good idea?
-Have you ever stopped to think that maybe this constant shift in your vocal health has anything to do with the way you are singing?
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:54 pm

ICUP wrote:
bradphone wrote:
ICUP wrote:
bradphone wrote:

Ahh, like that.

You could potentially seriously damage your voice though. Also 2 things....
-Why are you singing through a flu, I don't understand how you can think that's a good idea?
-Have you ever stopped to think that maybe this constant shift in your vocal health has anything to do with the way you are singing?

I`m singing through my flu because i felt my voice was in allright shape, so i started to rehearse a way of singing the song for about 5 minutes, and then i did a recording of it.
Its not like i`m singing every day for 1-2 hours, i record one song every 2-3 days orso.. Now with the flu i try to sing less and drink a lot of water..

hmm... Its not a constant shift, its only because of the flu now that my voice is a bit sucky, i`m going to stop singing for a while and try to keep the talking to a minimum, i dont want to lose my voice as i really like singing and recording my singing (sometimes)

Lets hope its not too late..

I read something about building up vocal muscles and thereby stamina by singing and walking/jogging at the same time... Maybe i could try that ? Whenever my voice is better/flu is gone? (And i dont mean singing a whole one hour set offcourse at full volume, but singing 2-3 songs in a normal talking volume..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top