Carl Perkins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carl Perkins

Post  augusto93 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:56 pm

Voice Type: ?
Vocal Range: C2 - C5

Significant High Notes:
C5 ("Ready Teddy")
B4 ("Tutti Frutti", "Pink Pedal Pushers")
B♭4 ("All Mamma's Children")
A4 ("Blue Suede Shoes" live on Johnny Cash Show, "Honey Don't", "Long Tall Sally", "Dixie Fried","Restless" live on Johnny Cash Show , "All Mamma's Children")
G♯4("Blue Suede Shoes", "Restless" live on Johnny Cash Show,"Matchbox" live in Denmark 1971,"I'm Sorry, I'm not Sorry", "Charlene" )
G4 ("Honey Don't", "Blue Moon of Kentucky", "That's All Right", "Everybody is Tryng to be my Baby", " Boppin the blues" live 1958, "Long Tall Sally", " Folsom Prison Blues", "Matchbox" live 1990, "Your True Love" Alternate take, "Pointed Toe Shoes", "Night Train to Memphis" live 1985)

Significant Low Notes:
C2 ("All I Have to do is Dream" live 50's Medley)
E2 ("Jamming with Paul Mccartney")
F2("My Old Friend", "Rockabilly Session" live in 1985)
G2( "Folsom Prison Blues", "That's All right mama" live )
A2("Wake up little Susie" live, "Dixie Fried" live, "Pointed Toe Shoes", "Shine Shine Shine")

Carl is one of the greatest, and maybe the biggest influence of George Harrison along with Elvis and Little Richard. Just look at George face when Carl is playing...

Last edited by augusto93 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 20 times in total
augusto93

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carl Perkins

Post  The Great Heroins on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Ahh yes, George Harrison loved Carl so much that when the Beatles were out having their fun playing gigs pre-stardom days that he had used the name Carl Harrison in tribute to him. My opinion of Carl's voice is more towards the tenor side of the spectrum though, granted I haven't heard much from what I recall his voice is fairly light with an almost whiny tone to it. Perhaps I miss some really obvious baritone sung records by him though?
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  augusto93 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:30 am

Yeah his voice is very light but his highs are in general very weak.But I could not find any full note above A4 for him. The B4 and C5 are falsettos of Little Richard's songs.
Anyone agree about Carl as a Tenor?
augusto93

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top