Louise Post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Louise Post

Post  Sandblasted on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Recorded Vocal Range: C3-C6

Significant high notes:
C6 ("I'm Taking Europe With Me")
A5 ("All Hail Me" live Roskilde Festival 1995)
G♯5 ("One Last Time", "Yeah Man")
F5 ("All Hail Me" live Roskilde Festival 1995, "Officially Dead", "One Last Time", "Shimmer Like A Girl")
E5 ("Best You Can Get", "Don't Make Me Prove It", "Empty Bottle", "Hellraiser", "I'm Telling You Now", "Love You Less", "Only You Know", "Sound of the Bell", "Venus Man Trap", "Yeah Man")
E♭5 ("Officially Dead", "One Last Time")
D5 ("All Dressed Up", "Alternica", "Black and Blonde", "Born Entertainer", "Earthcrosser", "I'm Taking Europe With Me", "Only You Know", "One Last Time", "Shimmer Like A Girl", "Straight", "The Gospel According to Saint Me", "The Museum of Broken Relationships", "Used to Know Her", "Venus Man Trap", "Wet Suit")
C♯5 ("Alternica", "Eyes on You", "Hellraiser", "Straight")
C5 ("All Dressed Up", "All Hail Me", "Get Back", "One Last Time", "Sound of the Bell", "Spiderman '79" live, "Sundown", "Twinstar", "Venus Man Trap")
B4 ("All Dressed Up", "Best You Can Get", "Don't Make Me Prove It", "Only You Know", "Prince of Wales", "Shutterbug", "Sound of the Bell", "Straight", "The Gospel According to Saint Me", "The Sound of Leaving", "Used to Know Her", "Venus Man Trap", "Victrola")
B♭4 ("All Hail Me", "Come Clean, Dark Thing", "Seether")

Significant low notes:
A3 ("25", "Come Clean, Dark Thing", "Disconnected", "I'm Taking Europe With Me", "Laughing in the Sugar Bowl", "Pale Green", "Spiderman '79", "The Gospel According to Saint Me", "Touch")
G♯3 ("All Hail Me", "Best You Can Get", "Don't Make Me Prove It", "I'm Telling You Now", "Imperfectly", "Lost to Me", "Number One Blind", "Yeah Man")
G3 ("All Dressed Up", "Eyes on You", "Good Disaster", "Pretty Boys", "Sundown", "The Museum of Broken Relationships", "The Sound of Leaving", "With David Bowie")
F♯3 ("A Piece of You", "Don't Make Me Prove It", "Loneliness is Worse", "Straight", "Yeah Man")
F3 ("Aurora", "Born Entertainer", "Come Clean, Dark Thing", "Sundown", "Triage")
E3 ("A Piece of You", "Disconnected", "Hellraiser", "Lost to Me", "Love You Less", "Used to Know Her", "Wet Suit", "Yeah Man")
E♭3 ("Officially Dead", "Wet Suit")
D3 ("Born Entertainer", "Earthcrosser", "Empty Bottle", "Get Back", "Hellraiser", "Only You Know")
C♯3 ("Wet Suit")
C3 ("Aurora", "Officially Dead")
------------------------------------
*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured/muffled in the mix.
*Green marks harsh screams.
*Italics marks spoken/controlled yelled notes.

The "darkier"/"angstier" side of Veruca Salt and ex-girlfriend of a certain drummer-turned-frontman. Unlike Nina, Louise certainly isn't opposed to testing the extremes of her range, often handling the screamier parts and lowest harmonies,, as well as often gritting up her voice for a huskier sound. Her voice has kind of gone through an odd evolution, starting off with a timbre somewhat reminiscent of a smoother Kim Deal later adopting a tone somewhat like a deranged, pissed-off cat after Nina Gordon left the band, fortunately from what little I've heard recently she seems to gone back to the sound she had about 20 years ago.

Examples of singing:

A good example of her early sound with some soft lows and some gritty highs near the end.

One of the heaviest VS songs which shows the extremes of her range, dark A3s and some very deranged screaming in the chorus.

Entire verses of G♯3s/F♯3s and showing some of the best use of her gritty tone.

A later VS song w/her handling the vox entirely, very easy singing up to D5 and surprising really low stuff for her in the bridge.

Last edited by Sandblasted on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 8 times in total
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Re: Louise Post

Post  B6 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Are you sure "I'm Taking Europe With Me" tops at G♯5? I heard several strong C6s in there  affraid I think you posted that song twice, by the way (the second and third videos in the spoiler box are the same).
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandblasted on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:54 am

Entirely possible, I clipped those screams God knows how many times but I always considered the fact I was getting distracted by the guitars (seeing as they're playing G♯ chords and all), so I'll have to listen again w/ your pitching in mind.

And I fucking swear I put "Don't Make Me Prove It" as the third vid but I guess I was getting tired.  Durrr Laughing Fixed now anyway.
Sandblasted

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top