Beatles - The Long And Winding Road

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beatles - The Long And Winding Road

Post  Crimsonfripp on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:34 am

Somehow managed a not so noisy recording of this Beatles track on my cellphone. Please excuse the horrible off pitch on the last yeah-yeah.

https://soundcloud.com/madan-mohan-6/long-and-winding-road

Crimsonfripp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Beatles - The Long And Winding Road

Post  bradphone on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:17 am

Quality is pretty good for a cellphone!
Really love your singing voice, you have a very deep baritone álmost opera singer quality to your voice, it sounds very rich. Love your vibrato.
You had a few off pitch moments but overall i`m very impressed.
You really need to record this properly!! I know your voice has the quality for that!
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonfripp on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 am

Thanks a lot for the encouragement.  Actually I am not a baritone or if I am, I still haven't learned to sing as low as I ought to.  Maybe my placement was very good then. I know when it used to be much worse Razz, but I have spent time listening to recordings of self and then of the original singers to work out what I am missing.  Still a work in progress but it IS much better than a couple of years back.  Vibrato was one of the few things that came naturally to me and even then I have learned to adjust it a lot better.

As for a better quality recording, I will invest in better equipment in due course.  I am not a pro, this is just a pastime for me.  Still, why not, would be nice to share actually listenable reproductions.

Crimsonfripp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:32 am

Sounds as if your lowering the laryxn, maybe it's just me, the cover is well done, no failures, in fact on the last part your vibrato sounded pretty nice and enjoyable. As always i encourage you to buy a condenser mic, you'll enjoy much more listening to yourself, and you can find good ones for relative cheap prices. This applies to Vuvuzelazz and Abacus too.
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonfripp on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:39 am

Thanks for the tip, will keep in mind. As for low larynx, I don't know, can't judge for sure as I am not a voice expert. Very Happy I didn't feel like I did it consciously anyway, no reason to as this song doesn't get too low for me. One possible reason you felt it may be that when I try to sing softly without amplification, my voice can sometimes sound as if I am not singing openly enough (amplification tends to mask this). That can produce a sound similar to low larynx.

Crimsonfripp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:45 am

Crimsonfripp wrote:Thanks for the tip, will keep in mind.  As for low larynx, I don't know, can't judge for sure as I am not a voice expert. :DI didn't feel like I did it consciously anyway, no reason to as this song doesn't get too low for me.  One possible reason you felt it may be that when I try to sing softly without amplification, my voice can sometimes sound as if I am not singing openly enough (amplification tends to mask this).  That can produce a sound similar to low larynx.  

yeah, that's not even a bad thing, i use lower laryxn postion everytime i'm doing the typical soft baritone song between A2-G3

Last edited by DonutsGalacticos on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonfripp on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:46 am

A low larynx per se is not bad. I am not a big believer though in lowering or raising it consciously. I do it sometimes for low notes and then check myself.

Crimsonfripp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TreyR on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:26 am

Wow, really nice vibrato and tone. You should really buy mic.

TreyR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonfripp on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks Trey.

Crimsonfripp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:09 pm

I don't know if you're trying to sound like paul in that song but you did a good job dude, I'm writing this while hearing your cover

in the chorus you lose your pitch, you have to work that part "many times i'd been alone"
the vibratto parts were perfect to me!, you have a nice Baritone voice, I don't find nothing wrong with your cover, only a part of the chorus, you should try "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" i'm a huge fan of the beatles  Parrot 
i think that fits with your voice
but everything else sounded very good, and Bradphone is right, for being a cellphone is a very good quality

Back to top Go down

Post  Crimsonfripp on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:33 pm

anibalf5 wrote:

in the chorus you lose your pitch, you have to work that part "many times i'd been alone"

Thanks a lot for pointing that out, it IS a little off and I didn't notice it earlier. I will give that other song a try in due course. My voice has just a really bad reaction to an innocent little helping of sugarcane juice, haven't had a sore throat before this in the last 5 years.  Sad  Maybe a reminder that my college days are well and truly behind me now?

As for Beatles/Paul, I did not especially try to sound like him. I do adapt the volume and attack depending on the singer but this is more or less my tone.

Crimsonfripp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top