Pearl Jam- Better Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pearl Jam- Better Man

Post  Big Brother on Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Haven't done a cover in a while (nor sang for that matter). Think this one came out okay.

https://soundcloud.com/nirvana14-1/better-man
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pearl Jam- Better Man

Post  Zedd Squared on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:54 pm

You sound a bit hesitant at first but you become more confident as it goes along. Nice clean tone on the higher notes, some of the phrasing towards the end kind of amused me diction wise but it's a pretty solid cover regardless.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:41 am

Thanks for the feedback. Smile
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:17 pm

Whackooyzero wrote:You sound a bit hesitant at first but you become more confident as it goes along. Nice clean tone on the higher notes, some of the phrasing towards the end kind of amused me diction wise but it's a pretty solid cover regardless.
I didn't hear anything wrong with your diction, but I think I agree with most of this. I haven't heard the original, but the verses struck me as really unconfident and bumpy to be honest...though I think a large part of that was the guitar playing. It seemed like you were having some rhythm issues there or something, and I know how trying to resolve those while continuing to sing and play and the same time can be problematic. It picked up nicely for the choruses, though, and apart from some slight flatness on some of the F♯4s, the ending was good too. All in all, your voice and your technique sound pretty good since the last time I heard anything by you, but I think maybe the song could've used a bit more practice before you recorded it, or maybe a second attempt at recording for certain parts.

I feel like I've asked you this before, but do you think there's any way that you could level your covers so that the guitar and vocals come through a bit more balanced? Cause at the moment, the vocals seem to really be drowning out the guitar.
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Smile

About the levels thing, I probably could but uhhh laziness in editing usually wins out ROFL
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Yeah, without the guitar, the "can't find a better maaaaan" parts just sounded out of place, like it was just a floaty acapella with no music grounding it or giving context. After "Memories", it pretty much gets on point.

Now, don't take too much offense to this because you have a nice vocal instrument, and it's a unique take, but I think you should work on making your voice more controlled and expressive, it sounds a bit too restrained or speech-y but somehow still sounds a bit warbly at times in spite of that fact. It's like your delivery wasn't "confident" throughout the whole thing for the most part.. You weren't fully committing to any of it vocally. I'm assuming the guitar may have been an issue as well, I sympathize.

Just work on that. This was nice, but I think the guitar was making problems for you.

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top