U2 - Miracle Drug (For Korven as a request)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

U2 - Miracle Drug (For Korven as a request)

Post  bradphone on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:11 am

Still recovering from flu, and to be honest... i think it has done some damage to my voice...
(sorry for the altering of the Chorus Melody, otherwise i couldn`t belt the B4, i always have to sing it with some sort of scale going up towards the note...)

My Zoom H1 makes alot of noise as a Mic unfortunatly, so that one is out of the running.
Better buy a new Mic Cable soon.

https://soundcloud.com/bradleyvandijk/miracle-drug
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: U2 - Miracle Drug (For Korven as a request)

Post  Korven on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:29 pm

To be honest this wasn't as good as the cover you did on Ordinary Love, however, i can hear the flu still being there so i'm guessing that's what makes it hard to sing. And something you should try is lowering the key a little on your covers, you always sound a tiny bit shouty(maybe that's the problem causing the sometimes shaky pitch)?. The ordinary love cover is still amazing, so i know your capacity so to say. This cover has some pretty good moments but I suggest giving it a go in a lower key when the flu is gone Smile Drink lots of lukewark water with honey, it helps. If you don't take care of your voice and feed it with honey, you'll end up sounding as dick raspy as i do...

Tiphat

Korven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:54 am

Korven wrote:To be honest this wasn't as good as the cover you did on Ordinary Love, however, i can hear the flu still being there so i'm guessing that's what makes it hard to sing. And something you should try is lowering the key a little on your covers, you always sound a tiny bit shouty(maybe that's the problem causing the sometimes shaky pitch)?. The ordinary love cover is still amazing, so i know your capacity so to say. This cover has some pretty good moments but I suggest giving it a go in a lower key when the flu is gone :)Drink lots of lukewark water with honey, it helps. If you don't take care of your voice and feed it with honey, you'll end up sounding as dick raspy as i do...

Tiphat

I should try to not be stubborn and just lower keys on songs.
I know i can sing about anything in the Baritone/Tenor range and to some extend even in the soprano range (Excersices in free love by Freddie Mercury)
But i should stop doing that
I should lower keys to get inside my comfort zone and to improve my pitch, not by reaching every note the song has (And Higher... )

Because i did hit a full C#5 on this cover whilst the original doesn`t have that note :')

The flu makes it pretty hard to sing, it has limited my technique use unfortunatly.

What do u mean by that you can hear the flu still being here?
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Korven on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:09 pm

bradphone wrote:
What do u mean by that you can hear the flu still being here?

Well i remember your voice as a little less raspy and more powerful in previous covers int the old cover thread Smile
Korven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 am

bradphone wrote:Still recovering from flu, and to be honest... i think it has done some damage to my voice...
There isn't a lot to do damage with. Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:49 am

GT wrote:
bradphone wrote:Still recovering from flu, and to be honest... i think it has done some damage to my voice...
There isn't a lot to do damage with. Wink 

Hmm, what do you mean?
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top