Johan Edlund

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Johan Edlund

Post  Zedd Squared on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:17 pm

Voice type: Baritone
Vocal range: C2-F♯4

Significant high notes:

• F♯4 ("Divided")
  • F4 ("The Red of the Morning Sun", "Whatever that Hurts")
  • E4 ("Will They Come?")
  • E♭4 ("A Caress of Stars")
  • D4 ("Gaia", "Nihil", "Smell of Incense", "The Red of the Morning Sun")

Significant low notes:

• A2 ("384", "Born to Die", "Fireflower", "Love is as Good as Soma", "Mistress of the Night", "Phantasma de Luxe", "Prey", "Radiant Star", "The Red of the Morning Sun", "The Sun Also Rises", "Too Far Gone", "Vote for Love", "Whatever that Hurts", "Will They Come?")
  • G♯2 ("Cain", "So Much for Suicide")
  • G2 ("Angel Hoograms", "As Long as Your Are Mine", "Brighter than the Sun", "Clovenhoof", "Gaia", "Love in Chains", "The Pain Song", "The Pentagram", "The Return of the Son of Nothing", "The Scarred People")
  • F♯2 ("Cain", "Carry Your Cross and I'll Carry Mine", "Clovenhoof", "Divided", "I Am in Love with Myself", "My House on Mars", "Spine", "The Pain Song")
  • F2 ("Divided", "The Pentagram", "The Red of the Morning Sun", "The Scarred People")
  • E2 ("Born to Die", "Carry Your Cross and I'll Carry Mine", "I Am in Love with Myself", "Too Far Gone", "Will They Come?")
  • C2 ("384", "Prey")

Johan Edlund is the singer and guitarist of the gothic rock/metal (death/doom metal originally) band Tiamat. He has a tremendous, smooth low range and is occasionally reminiscent of a crossbreed between Dave Gahan and Peter Steele to my ears.
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
*Green marks harsh/distorted notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top