Post  bradphone on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 am

Billy Ocean

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: B♭2 - G#5

Significant High Notes:
G♯5("When The Going Gets Tough live")
G5("Cream On The Top")
F♯5("Everything`s Changed)")
E5("Stop Me", "One Kiss Away", "You`re Running Out Of Fools")
E♭5("Soul Rock", "Sweet Memories Of You")
D5("Stop Me, "What You Doing To Me", "Who`s Gonna Rock You", "On The Run", "Can You Feel It")
C♯5("Love Really Hurts Without You", "L.O.D", "Stay The Night", "Taking Chances", "When The Going Gets Tough", "Gun For HIre", "Calypso Crazy", "Soon As You`re Ready", "Tenderness")
C5("Tell Him To Move Over", "Stop Me", "Love Really Hurts Without You", "Whose Little Girl Are You", "One Kiss Away", "Eye Of A Storm", "Mr Bussiness Man", "Sweet Memories Of You", "What You Doing To Me", "City Limit", "Are You Ready". "Whatever Turns You On", "My Love", "Another Day Wont Matter", "Who`s Gonna Rock You", "Everlasting Love", "Calypso Funkin`", "Cant Stop", "Love Zone", "Show Down", "Stand And Deliver", "Get Outta My Dreams", "Time To Move On", "Can We Go Round Again", "Wild Beautiful Woman", "Can You Feel It")
B4("Whose Little Girl Are You", "Soul Rock", "L.O.D", "Red Light Spells Danger", "Stay The Night", "City Limit", "Was It You", "When The Going Gets Tough", "Tear Down These Walls", "Gun For HIre", "Colour Of Love", "Get Outta My Dreams", "Pick Up The Pieces", "Stand Up", "On Your Knees", "Super Lover, Super Woman", "I remember", "Tenderness")
B♭4("Stop Me", "City Limit", " Are You Ready", " My Love", "Who`s Gonna Rock You", Everlasting Love", "Taking Chances", "Calypso Funkin`", "Dance With Me"), "Cant Stop", "Mind Games", "Show Down", "Stand And Deliver", "Soon As You`re Ready", "Pleasure", "Upside Down", "Everyday Sunshine", "Stand Up", "The World Wants To Dance", "Can We Go Round Again", "I`ll Be There For You", "On The Run", "Wild Beautiful Woman", "Cant Take It")
A4("Love Really Hurts Without You", "Stop Me", "Whose Little Girl Are You","One Kiss Away", "L.O.D", "You`re Running Out Of Fools", "Sweet Memories Of You", "Stay The Night","What You Doing To Me", "Who`s Gonna Rock You", "Whatever Turns You On", "American Hearts", "Everything`s Changed", "Nights", "Who`s Gonna Rock You", "Taking Chances", "Was It You", "Love Zone", "Bitter Sweet", "Tear Down These Walls", Gun For Hire", "Get Outta My Dreams", "Soon As You`re Ready", "Pressure", "Upside Down", "Stand Up", "Time To Move on", "On Your Knees", "Wild Beautiful Woman", "Can You Feel It", "Everything To Me", "Tenderness")

Significant Low Notes:
E3("Stay The Night", "Stand Up")
E♭3("Another Day Wont Matter", "Dance With Me", "The World Wants Do Dance", "Happy Refrain", "The Question Is")
D3("City Limit", "Whatever Turns You On", "Pressure", "Upside Down", "Everyday Sunshine", "I Remember")
C♯3("Happy Refrain")
B2("Everyday Sunshine")
B♭2("Happy Refrain")

His voice has great upper 4th and lower 5th octave belts, the timbre on some of the 5th octave stuff (like the D5s and Eb5s) is quite odd, and what i`ve discovered is that voice lost quite some range by `93 -`09 He most of the time sticked around G#4 - A4 and when he went higher he sounded strained whilst he (From `76 - `88) sounded very comfortable around the Bb4 - C5 area. And his timbre changed drasticly over the last 20 years.

His last album ("Because i love you")  released in 2009 has his vocal range limited some more, he stays away (For the most part) of high 4th octave notes, he strains alot on them and he seems to be comfortable around F4-G4 nowadays, he seems to be more comfortable around lower 3rd octave notes though.

On the song "Cant Take It" He sounds very unstable vocal wise, his voice cracks multiple times, and he sounds very tired on this song.

Last edited by bradphone on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:19 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : I did research all of his albums.)
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Billy Ocean

Post  bradphone on Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:10 am

This might be the most fun cover of the song i`ve seen/listened to in a long time.

They transposed the song down 3 semitones... From C Sharp to B flat.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top