Carlos "Indio" Solari

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carlos "Indio" Solari

Post  Carajo on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:21 am

Voice type: Baritone
Sung range: D2 - G5

Significant high notes:

G5 - "Ji Ji Ji" live in Racing Club, 1998.
E5 - "Unos Pocos Peligros Sensatos".
D5 - "Nene Nena".
C5 - "Dr. Saturno" - "Divina TV Fuhrer".
B4 - "Criminal Mambo" - "Aquella Solitaria Vaca Cubana".
B♭4 - "Vuelo a Sidney" - "Mi Perro Dinamita".
A4 - "Ropa Sucia" - "El Lobo Caído" - "Rock Para Los Dientes" - "Preso En Mi Ciudad".
G♯4 - "Roto y Mal Parado".
G4 - "Todo un palo" - "Honolulu" - "Porco Rex" - "Pogo del Payaso Asesino".
F♯4 - "Cua Cua Amen" - "Barbazul vs. El Amor Letal"
F4 - "Ji ji ji" - "Nene Nena" - "Vencedores Vencidos"
E4 - "Alien Duce" - "Nuotatori Professionisi" - "Noticias de Ayer"

Significant low notes:

D2 - "La Piba del Blockbuster".
D♯2 - "La Pequeña Novia del Carioca".
E2 - "Fuegos de Oktubre".
G2 - "Blues de Artillería".
A2 - "Adieu! Bye Bye! Aufwiedersehen!" - "Ángel de los Perdedores".
B♭2 - "De estos polvos futuros lodos".
B2 - "Fuegos de Oktubre".

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.

It's in spanish, but hey, just listen! Smile

Carajo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carlos "Indio" Solari

Post  Buh-Red on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:27 am

is it regueton?

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:54 am

Juanma, is that you?
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carajo on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:01 am

The Great Heroins wrote:is it regueton?

Nope, it's rock, perhaps the most popular band (and singer) in Argentina.

Shikkaku wrote:Juanma, is that you?

No, I'm new here!

Carajo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:40 am

welcome to this forum

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:43 pm

Welcome to the forum, compatriota!

Good to see a thread for the Indio. We were planning to do a thread for him with a friend, but you ran ahead of us, haha. Great job there! Did you do the video as well? If you did then awesome job there too man!

About his voice type, I'm pretty sure he's a Baritone. His voice sounds naturally deep and dark in his middle and low range. When he goes high, to me he doesn't sound like a tenor who has can hit those notes easily, but more like a Baritone thinning his voice and compressing a lot to access up there. You can tell his voice doesn't sound nearly as bright and "easy" up there as other tenor singers.
He does have some very agile highs (the ones from "Mi Perro Dinamita" for example  Shocked ), but so do a lot of Baritones with good control up there (think of Chris Cornell).

About notes:

-The fragment of "De Estos Polvos Futuros Lodos" in the video apparently has a slide to F♯2 in "perro Bobi ES".

-G4s in "Motor Psico"

0:55 pretty light but still black (IMO)

-"Ropa Sucia" touches briefly on C5 on "FUEra" as you can hear in the video

-"Vencedores Vencidos" has A4s in the choruses

0:27

-The ending of "Mi Perro Dinamita" featured in the video has a falsetto G5 (the dog howling he does). If that's worth adding I guess it should be put in italics as non-sung.

-Same goes for the falsetto in "Ji Ji Ji". The live one to me sounds like it briefly touches G♯5 just like the video says. The one in the original studio version is a G5 so there's not much difference either way. But should go in italics as non-sung IMO. They're just random yelps.

-This song of his latest solo album has some pretty interesnting notes:

3:21 B♭4s and a short C5 (3:31). Also some more falsettish C5s after and some backing vocal lows around G2.
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Carajo on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:11 am

Pepe Forever wrote:Welcome to the forum, compatriota!

Good to see a thread for the Indio. We were planning to do a thread for him with a friend, but you ran ahead of us, haha. Great job there! Did you do the video as well? If you did then awesome job there too man!

Hey, gracias por la bienvenida! Smile
Yeah, I made the video. I made it in October I think, so Pajaritos Bravos Muchachitos hadn't been released. But I'm surprised to hear those notes in the last video, I thought his voice wasn't capable of reaching those highs anymore!

Pepe Forever wrote:About his voice type, I'm pretty sure he's a Baritone. His voice sounds naturally deep and dark in his middle and low range. When he goes high, to me he doesn't sound like a tenor who has can hit those notes easily, but more like a Baritone thinning his voice and compressing a lot to access up there. You can tell his voice doesn't sound nearly as bright and "easy" up there as other tenor singers.
He does have some very agile highs (the ones from "Mi Perro Dinamita" for example  Shocked ), but so do a lot of Baritones with good control up there (think of Chris Cornell).

To tell the truth, I don't know how to categorize singers. I thought that if a singer was capable of reaching C5, he could be called a Tenor. It's good to know this. After all, that's why I came to this forum, to learn more about vocalists!

Pepe Forever wrote:-The fragment of "De Estos Polvos Futuros Lodos" in the video apparently has a slide to F♯2 in "perro Bobi ES".

I can't hear it :/ I'll give it another look later!

Pepe Forever wrote:-G4s in "Motor Psico"

Yeah, they're brief but good. "Oktubre" is filled with high singing, lots of G4, G#4 and A4s!

Pepe Forever wrote:-"Ropa Sucia" touches briefly on C5 on "FUEra" as you can hear in the video

I don't know how I didn't hear that note, I guess I was too concentrated on the A4. I'll add it to the post and the video soon!

Pepe Forever wrote:-The ending of "Mi Perro Dinamita" featured in the video has a falsetto G5 (the dog howling he does). If that's worth adding I guess it should be put in italics as non-sung.

-Same goes for the falsetto in "Ji Ji Ji". The live one to me sounds like it briefly touches G♯5 just like the video says. The one in the original studio version is a G5 so there's not much difference either way. But should go in italics as non-sung IMO. They're just random yelps.

I don't know if the one in "Mi Perro Dinamita" is worth adding, but the one in "Ji ji ji" is classic, he's done it in every live version of the song!

(Off-topic: I've never meet anyone that knows Ville Valo, let alone anyone that listens to HIM! Are you going to their concert in April?)

Carajo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah, I'm planning to go see HIM in April. Do you know if there are still tickets available? Rumors said half of them got sold days after they put them on sale.

BTW we forgot some notes from "Gulp":

*The legendary B4s from "La Bestia Pop" verses (ej: "que enciende en sueños la vigilia"). I now notice those highs sound really piss easy compared to the Indio's usual highs.

*C#3s from the begginning of "Superlógico" and F#4s on "esas hembras no son..." "sin descanso van a..." and another sustained one at the end (sadly it fades out really quick)

*Classic G4s everywhere on "Ñam fri fruli fali fru" and some damn high notes topping at B4 after the solo:

1:20 there is the B4
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  indielight on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:30 am

http://youtu.be/-oV8QKj-_k4?t=2m4s falsetto G5 ? Also, a couple of F4s and G4s on that tune.
indielight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum