Voice type: Baritone
Vocal range: C♯2-D7

High notes:

D7 ("Sometimes")
F5 ("Zero-2-0")
E5 ("Original Sin")
D5 ("Buckethead", "Ot-Ven-Rot")
C♯5 ("A Straight Line", "Kick")
C5 ("A Straight Line", "Building Bridges", "Different World", "Need You Tonight/Mediate" live In Search Of Excellence 1988, "Nothing's Free", "Reverend Black Grape" live at the Brixton Academy 1996, "Take You Higher")
B4 ("Baby Don't Cry", "Deliver Me", "Hangin' On demo", "Jesus Was a Man", "Kick", "New Sensation", "One x One", "Ot-Ven-Rot", "Shine")
B♭4 ("Deepest Red", "Do Wot You Do", "Get On The Inside", "Kick", "Know The Difference", "Lately")
A4 ("Days Of Rust", "Different World", "Disappear", "Kick", "Let Me Show You", "Make Your Peace", "Never Tear Us Apart", "Not Enough Time", "Stairs", "Taste It", "Tiny Daggers")
G♯4 ("Fair Weather Ahead", "Same Direction", "Suicide Blonde", "The Strangest Part (These Are The Times)")
G4 ("Elegantly Wasted", "Heaven Sent", "Let It Ride", "Mystify", "Suicide Blonde")

Low notes:

C♯2 ("Communication")
D2 ("Know The Difference", "Rooms For The Memory")
E2 ("Let Me Show You", "Not Enough Time", "Suicide Blonde", "Under My Thumb")
F♯2 ("Freedom Deep", "Not Enough Time", "Shine")
G2 ("Baby, It's Alright", "Building Bridges", "Different World", "Elegantly Wasted", "Let It Ride", "Need You Tonight", "Wishing Well")
G♯2 ("Beautiful Girl", "Communication", "Mystify", "Putting The Pieces Back Together", "The Passenger")
A2 ("Devil Inside", "Shine Like It Does", "Take You Higher", "Taste It", "Way of the World")
B2 ("Wishing Well")
C3 ("Meditate")
*Blue marks clear falsetto and whistle notes.
*Italics mark notes not produced via 'traditional singing', eg. speaking.

One of the greatest singer/performers to hail from Australia, known for his belty, sexual baritone. I don't only love the classic Kick, I'm also a fan of the underrated Welcome to Wherever You Are.

The late Michael Hutchence, known as the legendary frontman of one of Australia's biggest rock acts (INXS), was a big target for the tabloids for his personal life outside the band, but his legacy still revolves around his music, voice, looks and performing skills. A very charismatic persona, Hutchence was a natural at controlling huge crowds within the palms of his hands. His stage show was always alluring yet emotional, and he remained an amazing artist until his untimely passing in 1997, only at the age of 37.

Hutchence possessed a natural baritone, and his 'sexy' lower register crooning was part of his trademark sound. Michael's belty higher register was also strong, and he really improved as a singer between the albums 'Listen Like Thieves' and 'Kick' where he truly started showcasing the potential firepower his voice had. His passionate, swooning singing style and artistry are very respectable, and his singing style combined - over the years- the best bits of voices like Jim Morrison and Nick Cave while still staying very original and true to its roots. May Michael's legacy live on for the future generations.

Last edited by The Scaphiser 2013 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Hutchence

Post  Keegan369 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 am

This guy is awesome, definitely one of my favorites from the 80's

Keegan369

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:47 pm

I want to patch up a quick video for Michael, he's one of the greatest Australian rock singers, and INXS have recently enjoyed some newly rising fame among listeners.

R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:58 pm

There's my video for Michael!

R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 am

blank