James Brown

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Starman on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:23 am

Kewis wrote:Well, his F7 definitely comes from a live version of "Sex Machine"

apologies, just watched the video again, you're right it's obviously a live versin of sex machine Smile
Thank you Very Happy I'll add it in.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Buh-Red on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:30 am

Monocus wrote:Some time ago I started collecting notes for him, as the original thread was suffering from a severe case of TRP1.
Can't find my notes at the moment, but I will update the thread once I do.

did you ever go through with this you german cunt  Sad 

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Monocus on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:42 am

Couldn't find my notes.
They must still be around somewhere in my room, so I might find them one day...
avatar
Monocus
Range Advisor

Posts : 646
Join date : 2012-09-04
Age : 24
Location : Germany

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Buh-Red on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:59 am

dont fuck wit me u ballsack, james brown deserves a good thread and you're the only one with the power to do that

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Starman on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:03 am

6-Inch Wonder wrote:dont fuck wit me u ballsack, james brown deserves a good thread and you're the only one with the power to do that

^^It'll be as good, if not better then the Stevie Wonder OP Smile
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Buh-Red on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:22 am

Starman wrote:
6-Inch Wonder wrote:dont fuck wit me u ballsack, james brown deserves a good thread and you're the only one with the power to do that

^^It'll be as good, if not better then the Stevie Wonder OP Smile

says the man who abandoned the tim buckley thread  Sad 

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Starman on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:28 am

6-Inch Wonder wrote:
Starman wrote:
6-Inch Wonder wrote:dont fuck wit me u ballsack, james brown deserves a good thread and you're the only one with the power to do that

^^It'll be as good, if not better then the Stevie Wonder OP Smile

says the man who abandoned the tim buckley thread  Sad 

I'll get back to that either today or tomorrow Smile I couldn't find my 2 live CDs and I got them now Smile
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Holsety on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:59 am

The notes at the end of Cold Sweat are pretty insane. He just keeps reaching higher and higher for melodic notes.

edit: I'm referring to the album version that's over 7 minutes long.
avatar
Holsety
Admin

Posts : 3051
Join date : 2013-04-27
Age : 21
Location : Lake Isle of Innisfree

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  bradphone on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 am


What`s that scream at 58:29 It sounds crazy high.

(His vocals on this whole gig are great btw, lots of screams, grunts, he sings loads of C5s, and does nice runs)

Quoting myself, because i can. It's a C#6


Last edited by bradphone on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  bradphone on Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:40 am

What`s that note at 0:54? During that small interview segment he constantly talks into the low 2nd octave but i`m having some trouble pitching it...
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Starman on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 am

bradphone wrote:What`s that note at 0:54? During that small interview segment he constantly talks into the low 2nd octave but i`m having some trouble pitching it...

I'm not counting spoken notes. He's not singing therefore it doesn't matter.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  bradphone on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:18 am

Starman wrote:
bradphone wrote:What`s that note at 0:54? During that small interview segment he constantly talks into the low 2nd octave but i`m having some trouble pitching it...

I'm not counting spoken notes. He's not singing therefore it doesn't matter.

What about that other clip i posted? Smile I`m hearing something like a G/G#5...
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Farrex on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:36 pm

Found this vocal range video, lots and lots of new notes specially 6th octave ones Razz
avatar
Farrex

Posts : 163
Join date : 2013-09-16
Age : 25
Location : Monterrey, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  bradphone on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:10 am

https://soundcloud.com/bradley-van-dijk/jamez-brown-1980
I got the feeling, F5. He sustains it and for it's time i think it's decent.
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: James Brown

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum