Cory Monteith

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cory Monteith

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Molandfreak wrote:Link to the vocal warm up? and why should it be included when he has other F4s? Dull

Actually to be quite honest, I don't know why I even put in the vocal warm up at all. I just removed it.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:36 am

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Facepalm If you're going to post a bunch of supposed notes; you should time-stamp them and reference them correctly instead of just making a makeshift OP like that first; like this for example:

"Mississippi Queen" live Biloxi May 2012
http://youtu.be/S550q76yRac?t=2m12s
"OHH Mississippi Queen"
A4?

"<insert song title here>" (if it's a live performance; I personally always like to include the date and venue but I don't think it's mandatory?)
*insert youtube link to song here with the correct timestamp to the note in question*
*Maybe make an effort to guess what the note is yourself here and/or just post the vocals that the note is on.

Now I know this format isn't exactly mandatory/even used by other members; but I personally think it's the easiest/tidiest way to organize and reference the notes. Especially if they're live.

The only one that's live though is the "Vocal Warm Up", the rest are studio I believe.

That's fine, Even if it's studio; you should still follow the same format; (IF you want; because again this is just one mans opinion on what would probably be the easiest for everyone; I'm curious to see what others would say) just don't put all the extra stuff like the live performances have after the studio version's song title.
Yeah, we'll usually assume the notes are in studio versions unless stated otherwise. Links are very useful, but even without them I'm still happy to see Iamnotafraid listing just the suggested additions without quoting the whole OP Thumb up I and others appreciate timestamped links even from TRP veterans with reputations for accurate pitching.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:15 am

Getting off subject a little, I think he's a Baritenor, but if the owner of this thread believes that Cory's just a Baritone, then I would think that most Baritone's comfortable singing range wouldn't start at an A4. But that's just my opinion.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:38 am

It's probably from a shitty range video on youtube. You know, like all other notes Iamnotafraid65 "finds".

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:43 am

Karl wrote:It's probably from a shitty range video on youtube. You know, like all other notes Iamnotafraid65 "finds".

Can't argue with you on that one. So if you're expecting me to get in some pathetic argument with you then I'm sorry to disappoint, because life's too short for hate. And I know once you read this, you're gonna down me again or try to put me down and make me feel like shit in your next comment, So go right ahead. Do you honestly think you're words hurt or affect me at all in absolutely anyway what so ever?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 am

Don't be cynical.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:04 am

Karl wrote:Don't be cynical.

I'm not, I'm just saying I'm not being mean, I have nothing but respect for you, I think you're an amazing member to this forum and this forum's damn lucky to have you... But just because you hate me, doesn't mean I'm gonna get all sad or angry.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:02 am

And where is this "hate"? I was informing others on where you appear to be finding notes. You said it yourself, you couldn't argue with me on that statement (which was based on previous observations). Why are you expecting me to insult you? If you see that neutral statement as an insult, TRP is the last place for you.

Your cynicism is illogical.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:30 am

Molandfreak wrote:Link to the vocal warm up? and why should it be included when he has other F4s? Dull

I posted the vocal warm up on the first page.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:I'm not, I'm just saying I'm not being mean, I have nothing but respect for you, I think you're an amazing member to this forum and this forum's damn lucky to have you... But just because you hate me, doesn't mean I'm gonna get all sad or angry.

With all due respect, can you spare us the dramatics and stop taking everything we say as a personal swipe at you, it really isn't. We just want you to slow down and listen to the advice we are giving you.

-If you have a note, post it with a link and timestamp because unless it's obvious to everybody, nobody will know what you are talking about.
-For the 20th time (and I know you haven't done it here, but you seem to just do it anyway) stop quoting entire OPs and adding one note to them.
-ALWAYS take everything with a grain of salt, take it on the chin and move on.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Starman wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:I'm not, I'm just saying I'm not being mean, I have nothing but respect for you, I think you're an amazing member to this forum and this forum's damn lucky to have you... But just because you hate me, doesn't mean I'm gonna get all sad or angry.

With all due respect, can you spare us the dramatics and stop taking everything we say as a personal swipe at you, it really isn't. We just want you to slow down and listen to the advice we are giving you.

-If you have a note, post it with a link and timestamp because unless it's obvious to everybody, nobody will know what you are talking about.
-For the 20th time (and I know you haven't done it here, but you seem to just do it anyway) stop quoting entire OPs and adding one note to them.
-ALWAYS take everything with a grain of salt, take it on the chin and move on.

Yeah you're right. Again, you rock Starman!
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Backflip wrote:
ICUP wrote:Nice look at his lower to mid range.
Range covered in the video is about A2-G♯4

Also in like the second episode ever, I think Lea calls him a baritenor (He also reminds me a bit of Billy Joel)

Wow! Nice find! I've only watched it once, but this could give a nice insight into his vocal breakpoints.

Also, I'm not sure I really trust the script of Glee to classify vocal types. They also called Mark Sailing a baritenor even though he is a clear baritone. I had him listed as a HB, but the site no longer lists low/mid/high anymore. He's a baritone for sure, though.

I get that, but there are vocalists who sort of do it, like Jack Black's a Baritenor, Will Ferrell- Baritenor, Billy Joel- Baritenor, Bono- Baritenor etc.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:53 am

C3 and G3 in Don't Stop Believin'
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:12 am

Link and timestamp man Very Happy
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:15 am

Prometheus wrote:Link and timestamp man Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN2mkeCjlw
:22 it's the first verse Cory sings. (G3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwuR8ddtAGU
:56 it's the intro, his Duh, Duh-Duh-Duh(backing vocals if you will) (C3)
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:24 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

Yes on G3 and there is a brief E3 at 0:22 too.
C3 is there but I'm not sure if he sings backing vocals
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:30 am

Prometheus wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

Yes on G3 and there is a brief E3 at 0:22 too.
C3 is there but I'm not sure if he sings backing vocals

Well when I said "Backing Vocals" I mean that intro he does live, the studio version you can't tell who's voice it is but if you listen very carefully in the intro of the live version then you can hear that it's his voice.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top