Cory Monteith

Post  Backflip on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:31 am

Vocal Type: Baritone
Vocal Range: G♯2-F♯5

Significant High Notes:

F♯5 (''More Than a Woman'')
E♭5 (''Time Warp'')
D5 (''You Get What You Give'')
C♯5 (''Paradise by the Dashboard Light'')
C5 (''Marry You'', ''Jump'',''Stayin' Alive'')
B4 (''Faithfully'')
B♭4 (''You're The One That I Want'', ''Time Warp'', ''Borderline/ Open Your Heart'', ''Hello'', ''No Air'', ''Just the Way You Are'')
A4 (''Can't Fight This Feeling'', ''Just The Way You Are'', ''Paradise By The Dashboard Light'', ''Don't Go Breakin' My Heart'', ''You Can't Always Get What You Want'', ''Faithfully'', ''Any Way You Want It/Lovin Touchin' Squeezin''', ''You're The One That I Want'', ''Jump'')

Significant Low Notes:

B2 (''Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'', Vocal Warm Up)
A2 (''Jukebox Hero'', Vocal Warm Up)
G♯2 (''Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'')

Just started filling this out in sort of anticipation for Glee. Alot more to go through.

Last edited by Backflip on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:19 am; edited 7 times in total

Backflip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cory Monteith

Post  aesthetics on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:26 am

A4's in "I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore".

Also his last name is spelled Monteith.
aesthetics

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:34 am

wtf are all these colours.

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:49 am

Full wrote:wtf are all these colours.
I guess he/she was trying to show orange/red/blue but is using the colour picker instead of:
Code:
[color=orange]Text goes here[/color]
[color=red]Text goes here[/color]
[color=blue]Text goes here[/color]
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backflip on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Fixed the whole color fiasco.

Backflip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkMacek on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:43 am

LOL @unfinished, as if he will come up with something new.

DarkMacek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:47 am

Failed attempt at gallows humor failed.
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkMacek on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:58 am

It's a real shame that they did Another One Bites the Dust beforehand

DarkMacek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backflip on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm

^Not Cool

Anyway, WIP is because I was going to see if there was anything worth putting on here in his live performances that I haven't gone through. Otherwise I'm pretty much done.

Backflip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Nice look at his lower to mid range.
Range covered in the video is about A2-G♯4

Also in like the second episode ever, I think Lea calls him a baritenor (He also reminds me a bit of Billy Joel)
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backflip on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:17 am

ICUP wrote:Nice look at his lower to mid range.
Range covered in the video is about A2-G♯4

Also in like the second episode ever, I think Lea calls him a baritenor (He also reminds me a bit of Billy Joel)

Wow! Nice find! I've only watched it once, but this could give a nice insight into his vocal breakpoints.

Also, I'm not sure I really trust the script of Glee to classify vocal types. They also called Mark Sailing a baritenor even though he is a clear baritone. I had him listed as a HB, but the site no longer lists low/mid/high anymore. He's a baritone for sure, though.

Backflip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:16 am

The script also featured a "high F" by Chris Colfer (Kurt) in Defying Gravity as a major plot point. The note was actually F♯.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backflip on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Celice wrote:The script also featured a "high F" by Chris Colfer (Kurt) in Defying Gravity as a major plot point. The note was actually F♯.

I know! That bugged me big time. Also, when he was on the piano in the episode, he hit a G#5, not an F. Kind of annoyed me.

Also, a guy with a high voice hitting the high F in falsetto isn't really that impressive.

Backflip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Backflip wrote:
Celice wrote:The script also featured a "high F" by Chris Colfer (Kurt) in Defying Gravity as a major plot point. The note was actually F♯.

I know! That bugged me big time. Also, when he was on the piano in the episode, he hit a G#5, not an F. Kind of annoyed me.

Also, a guy with a high voice hitting the high F in falsetto isn't really that impressive.
when do you mean he hit the g#5? In practice or during the actual performance?

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Just practicing I think. I think the piano was a semitone sharp, too  Laughing 
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:41 am

Backflip wrote:

Where do you both live? Glee is shot at 24 FPS, but in PAL media (DVD, TV, cinema) used throughout Europe and Australia all NTSC-filmed material is up-scaled to 25 FPS, causing a pitch-shift of around a semitone. I think this is a more logical conclusion than a piano being tuned to C♯.

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 am

Ah, that might explain it. I live in Scotland. IIRC the CD version tops at F#5 as well though. A possible alternative explanation for the apparently non-standard piano tuning: "A properly steam cleaned piano is key to any successful music group." - Coach Sue Sylvester  Smile 
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backflip on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:31 am

GT wrote:
Backflip wrote:

Where do you both live? Glee is shot at 24 FPS, but in PAL media (DVD, TV, cinema) used throughout Europe and Australia all NTSC-filmed material is up-scaled to 25 FPS, causing a pitch-shift of around a semitone. I think this is a more logical conclusion than a piano being tuned to C♯.

I live near Chicago if that's relavant.

In the actual song he hits the F#5, but I think they just call it "high F" for the sake of sounding better in the script. I meant that he hits G#5 when he is practicing with the piano earlier in the episode, but he claims that it was "the high F"

Backflip

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu May 15, 2014 8:54 am

B♭4s and B4s in ''This House Is Not A Home''

also, ''More Than A Woman'' has very impressive E5s throughout.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Griffin_Lloyd11 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:49 am

I think he hits some C3's and possibly a B2 (live) in Don't Stop Believin'? And isn't he a Baritenor (Possessing characteristics of both Baritone and Tenor)
Griffin_Lloyd11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Deleting shit posts.

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:38 am; edited 19 times in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Facepalm If you're going to post a bunch of supposed notes; you should time-stamp them and reference them correctly instead of just making a makeshift OP like that first; like this for example:

"Mississippi Queen" live Biloxi May 2012
http://youtu.be/S550q76yRac?t=2m12s
"OHH Mississippi Queen"
A4?

"<insert song title here>" (if it's a live performance; I personally always like to include the date and venue but I don't think it's mandatory?)
*insert youtube link to song here with the correct timestamp to the note in question*
*Maybe make an effort to guess what the note is yourself here and/or just post the vocals that the note is on.

Now I know this format isn't exactly mandatory/even used by other members; but I personally think it's the easiest/tidiest way to organize and reference the notes. Especially if they're live.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:55 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Facepalm If you're going to post a bunch of supposed notes; you should time-stamp them and reference them correctly instead of just making a makeshift OP like that first; like this for example:

"OHH Mississippi Queen"
A4?

"<insert song title here>" (if it's a live performance; I personally always like to include the date and venue but I don't think it's mandatory?)
*insert youtube link to song here with the correct timestamp to the note in question*
*Maybe make an effort to guess what the note is yourself here and/or just post the vocals that the note is on.

Now I know this format isn't exactly mandatory/even used by other members; but I personally think it's the easiest/tidiest way to organize and reference the notes. Especially if they're live.

The only one that's live though is the "Vocal Warm Up", the rest are studio I believe.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Facepalm If you're going to post a bunch of supposed notes; you should time-stamp them and reference them correctly instead of just making a makeshift OP like that first; like this for example:

"OHH Mississippi Queen"
A4?

The only one that's live though is the "Vocal Warm Up", the rest are studio I believe.

That's fine, Even if it's studio; you should still follow the same format; (IF you want; because again this is just one mans opinion on what would probably be the easiest for everyone; I'm curious to see what others would say) just don't put all the extra stuff like the live performances have after the studio version's song title.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:00 pm

Link to the vocal warm up? and why should it be included when he has other F4s? Dull
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top