Cher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cher

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Vocal range: D3-F6

Significant high notes:

• F6 ("Just This One Time")
  • F♯5 ("Takin' Back My Heart")
  • E5 ("Save Up All Your Tears", "Takin' Back My Heart")
  • E♭5 ("Runaway")
  • D5 ("I Walk Alone", "Pride", "Takin' Back My Heart", "Taxi Taxi", "The Power", "Woman's World", "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me")
  • C♯5 ("Believe", "I Don't Have to Sleep to Dream", "If I Could Turn Back Time", "Just This One Time", "Lie to Me", "My Love", "Save Up All Your Tears", "Takin' Back My Heart")
  • C5 ("All or Nothing", "I Hope You Find It", "Just Like Jesse James", "Lie to Me", "Lovers Forever", "Runaway", "Song for the Lonely", "Strong Enough", "Take It Like a Man", "Taxi Taxi", "Woman's World", "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me")
  • B4 ("Dressed to Kill", "Favorite Scars", "If I Could Turn Back Time", "Just Like Jesse James", "Just This One Time", "Red", "Takin' Back My Heart", "Save Up All Your Tears", "Sirens", "Song for the Lonely", "Strong Enough", "The Power")

Significant low notes:

• G♯3 ("Believe", "Just Like Jesse James", "Lie to Me", "Takin' Back My Heart", "The Power", "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me")
  • G3 ("All or Nothing", "Just This One Time", "Lie to Me", "Runaway", "Sirens", "Song for the Lonely", "Taxi Taxi", "Woman's World")
  • F♯3 ("Believe", "Early Morning Strangers", "If I Could Turn Back Time", "Save Up All Your Tears", "Song for the Lonely", "Takin' Back My Heart", "Taxi Taxi")
  • F3 ("Believe", "Runaway", "Take It Like a Man", "Takin' Back My Heart", "Woman's World")
  • E3 ("Early Morning Strangers", "Save Up All Your Tears")
  • E♭3 ("I'm a Woman" live, "The Star-Spangled Banner" live)
  • D3 ("Heaven & Hell Medley" live 1978, "I'm a Woman" live)

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.

Last edited by KLS on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:28 am; edited 11 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Cher

Post  bradphone on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Finally, a Cher Thread Smile Been waiting for this quite a while!
She still sings great nowadays, even without autotune! Too bad she has this "Gay thing" on her, that great gay fan base, because.. well, she is going on a tour next year, and i want to go, but everyone who i tell about Cher says "you shouldn`t go, you`re not gay are you?
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Go if you want, your sexuality shouldn't limit your freedom to attend a concert. Laughing
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:40 pm

You shouldn't let that stop you from going! I know what you mean though. I make a conscious effort to never make anyone feel bad for liking a certain artist/song/genre, because I know how it feels.

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:30 am

Total Range: F3 - D5

Cher - A Womans Worth vocal Range:

1: Womans World: F3 > D5
2: Take It Like A Man: F3 > C5
3: My Love: C#5
4: Dressed To Kill: B4
5: red: B4
6: lovers Forever: C5
7: I walk alone: D5
8: Sirens: G3 > B4
9: Favorite Scars: B4
10: I hope You Find It: C5
11: Lie To Me: G#3 > C#5
12: I dont have to sleep to dream: C#5
13: Pride (Bonus track) D5
14: You Haven`t Seen The Last Of Me:G#3 > D5

Womans world has great Bb4s throughout the chorus! very effortless.
Take It Like A Man has that "Believe" Autotune effect again.
Lovers Forever has a great sustained A4 at the end.
I Hope You Find It has great Bb4s throughout the chorus! Very powerfull singing.
I dont have to sleep to dream is a very 90s eurohouse song, and it has a great chord progression in the chorus!

Its a very dance oriented album, and i actually like it! It has very strong vocals from cher, and she sounds great! keep in mind she is 67, but she sounds like a 30 year old!
Some songs didn`t had any significant low notes, so i just put in the highs.

bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am

Added. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:41 am

bradphone wrote:Finally, a Cher Thread Smile Been waiting for this quite a while!
She still sings great nowadays, even without autotune! Too bad she has this "Gay thing" on  her, that great gay fan base, because.. well, she is going on a tour next year, and i want to go, but everyone who i tell about Cher says "you shouldn`t go, you`re not gay are you?
"DEAR GOD WHAT IF THEY THINK I'M GAY TOO?!?!"
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:29 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:
bradphone wrote:Finally, a Cher Thread Smile Been waiting for this quite a while!
She still sings great nowadays, even without autotune! Too bad she has this "Gay thing" on  her, that great gay fan base, because.. well, she is going on a tour next year, and i want to go, but everyone who i tell about Cher says "you shouldn`t go, you`re not gay are you?
"DEAR GOD WHAT IF THEY THINK I'M GAY TOO?!?!"
I dont really care you know, but still... Cher has this "Gay" image ... so, it would feel odd to go to a Cher concert...
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 pm

I understand you. I just thought it was kinda funny that you were gonna go out of your way not to have someone think you were gay. Especially if it means missing a show you want to see. It's sad that we have treated gays so bad throughout our history that it has come to this.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:I understand you.  I just thought it was kinda funny that you were gonna go out of your way not to have someone think you were gay.  Especially if it means missing a show you want to see.  It's sad that we have treated gays so bad throughout our history that it has come to this.  
Indeed, IF she`ll come to Holland i`m going to her show offcourse, i dont really care to stand between people with other sexual orientations (is that what you call it that?..) Because they`re most of the time the most friendly people out there.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  OctavianFan on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:02 am

Ironically, during the first part of a "Woman's World", I thought it was a man singing. Great power in her lower register.

OctavianFan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:10 am

OctavianFan wrote:Ironically, during the first part of a "Woman's World", I thought it was a man singing.  Great power in her lower register.
Yeah, and alot of power in her upper register, those Bb4s are very strong for a 67 year old woman.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top