Matt Good (From First to Last)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Matt Good (From First to Last)

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Ready for review!!

Voice type: Tenor
Sung range: F3 - C♯5
Total range: F3 - F5

Lead guitarist and 2nd vocalist of From First To Last until Sonny left. (Then he became lead singer).

Significant high notes:

F5 ("Cashing Out")
D5 ("Cashing Out")
C♯5 ("I Once Was Lost, But Now I'm Profound", "A Perfect Mess", "Everything's Perfect")
C5 ("Two as One", "The One Armed Boxer vs The Flying Guillotine" live, "We All Turn Back to Dust", "Everything's Perfect", "Elvis Said Ambition is a Dream with V8 engine", "I'll Inoculate the World With This Virus of My Disillusionment")
B4 ("Failure by Designer Jeans" live, "Note To Self", "I Once Was Lost, But Now I'm Profound", "A Perfect mess", "Everything's Perfect", "I'll Inoculate the World With this Virus of my Disillusionment")
B♭4 ("Ride the Wings of Pestilence", "Featuring Some of Your Favourite Words", "Secrets Don't Make Friends", "Worlds Away")
A4 ("Ride the Wings of Pestilence","Featuring Some of Your Favourite Words", "Secrets Don't Make Friends", "Note to Self" live, "Deliverance!")
G♯4 ("Deliverance!")
G4 ("Ride the Wings of Pestilence", "I Liked You Better Before You Were Naked on the Internet")

Significant low notes:

F3 ("I Once Was Lost, But Now I'm Profound")
F♯3 ("In Memorium in Advance")
G3 ("Cashing Out" live, "In Memorium in Advance")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes..

Easy Bb4s and C5s. And a nice voice to hear! Though sometimes they feel like being crawled out because of the songs are difficult to play and sing at the same time. 

Well, this is my first thread and I know it needs more work, I´m going to keep on searching!

The 'live' notes are from this concert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbUAfelvrXw

Last edited by Sandblasted on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed thread title to avoid confusion with similarly named possible notewatching target; plus OCPD)

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Good (From First to Last)

Post  TTD187 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:46 am

I haven't gone through all of their songs (especially their 2010 album), but Matt does sing at D3 in much of the verses in A Perfect Mess.

TTD187

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top