Joe Cocker

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Joe Cocker

Post  Holsety on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:38 am

I only know about this song because someone on Beatles Bible told me about it a long time ago, but there are some harmonies in there. I'm sure you know his voice better than I do, so you can decide if they're him or not. Otherwise, it only tops at F4. He has singles up to 5 years before his first album..
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  PJIII on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:12 am

augusto93 wrote:I'm really surprised about his high notes...This show us what strange is the range " thing".... when you compare other high baritone-singers like Billy Joel or Lennon or Elvis or Springsteen. Joe sounds truly strained and struggle a lot from F4.... but can hit an E5...  that's weird Worried 
My guess would be that the F4 is right around his passaggio (not unusual for baris). I've heard a lot of singers comment, and I would agree based on personal experience, that low and high ranges (once developed) are usually much easier to sing than the middle range. Being able to stay in a chest, head, or mix, consistently is a bit easier than having to jump from one to another constantly.

PJIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 pm

PJIII wrote:
augusto93 wrote:I'm really surprised about his high notes...This show us what strange is the range " thing".... when you compare other high baritone-singers like Billy Joel or Lennon or Elvis or Springsteen. Joe sounds truly strained and struggle a lot from F4.... but can hit an E5...  that's weird Worried 
My guess would be that the F4 is right around his passaggio (not unusual for baris). I've heard a lot of singers comment, and I would agree based on personal experience, that low and high ranges (once developed) are usually much easier to sing than the middle range. Being able to stay in a chest, head, or mix, consistently is a bit easier than having to jump from one to another constantly.
Correct. Also, like I said, the E5 is most likely a strained scream.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PJIII on Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Meager Smotherer wrote:
Correct. Also, like I said, the E5 is most likely a strained scream.

Fair enough.

PJIII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  walkingstethoscopes on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Blue Bb4s at 0:01 and throughout the song and a nice G4 at 0:30.

I'm getting Eb5 at 4:05?? Weird note.
walkingstethoscopes

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/thefrequencyband1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum