What is the TRP Vocalist Clip-Off?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the TRP Vocalist Clip-Off?

Post  MrToddington on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 pm

What is this thing?!?
The TRP Vocalist Clip-Off involves users representing a team of three popular vocalists. Each week, they will be assigned 3 sets of criteria and paired up against a user; they will then have to put each vocalist to a category, and then find the best clip they can find.

Disclaimer: As this is the first attempt of this game, I can't rule out the possibility that there may be rule changes that could occur at any point. As a result, you'll have to sit tight as we try and work out how this game functions best. If you have ideas, or want something changed, suggest it in the appropriate section!

Note: This description refers to the actual game, not the test rounds. Please post here if you're not sure about anything.

Creating a team:
A one to two-week registration period will be established, in which users send their 3 desired vocalists via email. If clashes occur, a randomiser can be used to assign the vocalist.

Users should pick vocalists with the intention of covering as many criteria as possible. The more the user is familiar with the vocalist, the better they will be able to use them (as they'll be able to find more suitable clips). No team will be perfect though, so it's expected that specialties will occur.

Playing each round:
Each week, users will be paired up and will play against each other. For the round, three criteria will be selected, and users will have to assign each vocalist to a category, finding a suitable clip that best matches each criteria. They will have a week to do this, and will send their clip via email.

The week after this, the next round will start. While this is happening, the previous week will be judged. Users will post replies into the threads listing which vocalist they feel won each category, through ratings of 1-5.
Bye weeks will be held if there is an odd number of total players.
After the set amount of rounds (presumably as many as there are players), a finals series will be played to determine who ultimately wins.

Important: These next 2-3 weeks will be used for testing. This will give us a chance to trial the automated posting and gameplay.
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the TRP Vocalist Clip-Off?

Post  Foo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:43 pm

Is it too late for me to participate?
Foo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Foo wrote:Is it too late for me to participate?

After the test rounds, yes. You'll have to wait a few weeks for those, sorry. Razz
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Foo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Meh.. Can I at least pick my singers and stuff so you can "sign me up" for after the test rounds? Razz
Foo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 pm

A second round of sign-ups will only begin once the tests are over. I don't want to have to manage that at the exact same time as the tests...
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Foo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Ok then, no problem
Foo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 am

Questions:

I. When the current round ends, the same will occur using the same criteria for those who passed for the next round?

II. What would count as a "win"? The total points that you made in the three "mini-matches" (Points with vocalist A + Points with vocalist B + Points with vocalist C) or the number of "mini-matches" you won?
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:21 am

I want to participate when test are over!
Can i put here my singers or should i wait till then?
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:09 pm

失格 - Shikkaku - wrote:Questions:

I. When the current round ends, the same will occur using the same criteria for those who passed for the next round?

II. What would count as a "win"? The total points that you made in the three "mini-matches" (Points with vocalist A + Points with vocalist B + Points with vocalist C) or the number of "mini-matches" you won?
1. It's not elimination-based, so it'll be the same as last round.

2. A win, at least for the test rounds, will be established by whoever wins in the majority of the criteria (by having a higher average score in each category than their opponent). Therefore draws are also possible if there is a tie (though highly unlikely).

DonutsGalacticos wrote:I want to participate when test are over!
Can i put here my singers or should i wait till then?
Just wait until then. :)I'll start up a new sign-up thread when the time comes.

Also, we'll start the second test round in a few days.
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top