Vocal Range: F2-C6

Significant High Notes:

• C6 (''Word Up'')
  • F♯5 (''He Spilla The Coffee'' (live))
  • F5 (''Islands In The Stream'')
  • E5 (''Afternoon Delight'')
  • E♭5 (''Happy Birthday'')
  • D5 (''Aquarius'')
  • C♯5 (''Happy Birthday', ''He Spilla The Coffee'' (live), ''Islands In The Stream'')
  • C5 (''Afternoon Delight'', ''Aquarius'', ''Goodbye Toby'', ''I Hear A Bouzouki'', ''Take Your Daughter To Work Day'')
  • B4 (''Oh Holy Night'' (interview))
  • B♭4 (''Afternoon Delight'', ''Can't Fight This Feeling'', ''He Spilla The Coffee'' (live), ''Goodbye Toby'', ''Islands In The Stream'', ''Let The Sunshine In'', ''Roar'' (live on Capital Breakfast))
  • A4 (''Afternoon Delight'', ''Aquarius'', ''Happy Birthday'', ''Michael & Dwight's Rap'', ''O Holy Night'' (interview), ''Star Spangled Banner'' (live))

Significant Low Notes:

• C3 (''I Hear A Bouzouki'', Steve Colbert duet (live))
  • A2 (''Aquarius'', ''Let My Love Open The Door'', ''Row Row Row Your Boat'' (interview with Paul Rudd), ''Star Spangled Banner'' (live))
  • F2 (''I Want My Babyback'')

*Purple marks notes found in backing harmony or general backing vocal.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Pretty astounding tenor voice and has a fairly usable range of about 3 octaves. There are more performances of him singing, but this is just a template for anyone who wants to take over.

Important links:
9.00 onwards he displays some of the most controlled operatic singing I've heard from anyone, really clean C♯5s and a fantastic climax on F♯5.

0.22 he tips a C6, i'll leave it up to whoever takes over to decide if it's really significant or note.

It's hard to distinguish the harmony parts here, but I think the higher parts are Paul Rudd and (mostly) Carrell.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jim Carrey

Post  ChillShaman on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 pm

I'll be happy to claim it? Might need a pointer or two though, as to the colours to use for backing vocals and such, as this would be my first post! Smile
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Starman wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:30 pm

JaredLeto wrote:
Starman wrote:

Oh I know that, but in the 'Font Colour' tab, I don't know which exact colours to use...:/
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 am

The work is more or less done for you here, the only colour you need to use is Purple for backing/harmony vocals and use italics for notes that aren't sung (but are at least musical).
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 am

OllieCray wrote:
JaredLeto wrote:
Starman wrote:

Oh I know that, but in the 'Font Colour' tab, I don't know which exact colours to use...:/
You can see the exact code used when you quote the post.

in this case it's simply [color=purple]

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Could this thread get a cleanup? Like seriously, delete the notes below D2 and above G♯5? (I Started a Joke possibly widthstanding with those sung notes at the end)
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 07, 2015 5:41 am

Molandfreak wrote:Could this thread get a cleanup? Like seriously, delete the notes below D2 and above G♯5? (I Started a Joke possibly widthstanding with those sung notes at the end)
I have to agree with Molandfreak. I listened to the Michael Bolton clips as well, and I actually think they sound sung. But someone does need to get rid of that dreadful C1 note. It's total shit, and in my opinion not worthy of counting.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Some Clips from when he was younger singing

Post  The Toyman Cometh on Thu May 07, 2015 7:00 am

Vanilla Ice Parody

This has some good lows and clear tenor mix voice notes.

Gotta go take my finals now, but I'll edit this later if nobody wants to take a crack at them.
The Toyman Cometh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 07, 2015 9:30 am

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: E2-C6

Significant High Notes:

C6 ("Word Up")
G♯5 ("Somebody To Love", "I Am The Walrus", "Louie Anderson", "Cuban Pete")
G5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "Before He Was Famous", "This Friendly World", "Bruce Almighty (Bloopers & Deleted scenes)")
F♯5 ("No Way", "He Spilla The Coffee (live)")
F5 ("I Am The Walrus", "Construction Guys", "Islands In The Stream", "Peggy Sue Got Married")
E5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "I Am The Walrus", "Cuban Pete", "Take On Me", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", Elvis Presley imitation, Ellen Degeneres appearance, "Afternoon Delight")
E♭5 ("I Am The Walrus", "How Wealthy People Laugh", "Bullets With Butterfly Wings", "Happy Birthday")
D5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "How Wealthy People Laugh", "Take On Me", "Aquarius", "Bruce Almighty (Bloopers & Deleted scenes)")
C♯5 ("Somebody To Love", "No Way", "Happy Birthday", "He Spilla The Coffee (live)", "Islands In The Stream", "Bruce Almighty (Bloopers & Deleted scenes)")
C5 ("I Started A Joke", "Construction Guys", "No Way (Introduction)", "Afternoon Delight'', ''Aquarius'', ''Goodbye Toby'', ''I Hear A Bouzouki'', ''Take Your Daughter To Work Day'', "Bruce Almighty (Bloopers & Deleted scenes)", "Jim Carrey (Interview on Jonathon Ross)")
B4 ("Toby's Leaving Party", "I Am The Walrus", "Oh Holy Night (Interview)", "When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "This Friendly World", "Creep", "Bullets With Butterfly Wings")
B♭4 ("Somebody To Love", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "Cuban Pete", "No Way", "Afternoon Delight'', ''Can't Fight This Feeling'', ''He Spilla The Coffee'' (live), ''Goodbye Toby'', ''Islands In The Stream'', ''Let The Sunshine In'', ''Roar (live in Capital Breakfast)")
A4 ("Creep", "I Am The Walrus", "No Way", "When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "I Believe I Can Fly", "Money Can't Buy Me Love", "What Is Love?", "Construction Guys", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "I Started A Joke", "Afternoon Delight'', ''Aquarius'', ''Happy Birthday'', ''Michael & Dwight's Rap'', ''O Holy Night' (Interview)", "Star Spangled Banner (live)")

Significant Low Notes:

C3 ("I Hear A Bouzouki", "Steve Colbert duet (live)")
B2 ("Bullets With Butterfly Wings", "I Am The Walrus")
B♭2 ("Cuban Pete")
A2 ("Bruce Almighty (Bloopers & Deleted scenes)", "I Am The Walrus", "Creep", "I Started A Joke", "Aquarius'', ''Let My Love Open The Door'', ''Row Row Row Your Boat (Interview with Paul Rudd)", ''Star Spangled Banner (live)")
G♯2 ("Bullets With Butterfly Wings" introduction)
G2 ("Take On Me", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "Creep")
F♯2 ("Cold Dead Hand", Christmas Singing On Letterman, "Bruce Almighty (Bloopers & Deleted scenes)", "Jim Carrey (live with Michael Bolton)")
E2 ("Cold Dead Hand")

Lowest Spoken Note:

D2 ("Somebody To Love (Introduction)")

*Purple or Underlines mark notes in backing vocals, or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes..

Obviously as you can tell, I'd like to take over the Jim Carrey OP.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu May 07, 2015 9:44 am

Why is the entire Steve Carrel thread in that Jim Carrey OP? Facepalm

You did no work in that OP, you fused together two completely different OPs to make it look bigger.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 07, 2015 9:48 am

You wish, I can't stand Steve Carrel.

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:You wish, I hate Steve with a passion.

Dude, you have every entry from the Carrel thread in your OP!
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 07, 2015 9:52 am

Starman wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:You wish, I hate Steve with a passion.

Dude, you have every entry from the Carrel thread in your OP!
I'm telling you I didn't steal from god damn Steve Carrell!
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu May 07, 2015 9:55 am

Link me the live F♯5 in his performance of ''He Spilla The Coffee'' please.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Thu May 07, 2015 9:59 am

Starman, clearly Steve Carell and Jim Carrey identify as the same person now, I'll go ahead and delete my thread...
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 am

Laughing
Iamnotafraid, if you look back here http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t148p45-jim-carrey#95174 you might notice that the post is titled "Steve Carrell" [sic], who was discussed after someone posted a YouTube video featuring both actors (before he got his own thread, with his name correctly spelled Carell).
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 07, 2015 10:59 am

Celice wrote:Laughing
Iamnotafraid, if you look back here http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t148p45-jim-carrey#95174 you might notice that the post is titled "Steve Carrell" [sic], who was discussed after someone posted a YouTube video featuring both actors (before he got his own thread, with his name correctly spelled Carell).
You're right Celice, thank you for pointing that out. And Ollie, that's very clever, think of that all by yourself?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu May 07, 2015 11:13 am

Iamnotafraid's OP without Steve Carell Notes:

Vocal Range: E2-G♯5

Significant High Notes:

G5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "Before He Was Famous", "This Friendly World")
F♯5 ("No Way")
F5 ("I Am The Walrus", "Construction Guys", "Peggy Sue Got Married")
E5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "I Am The Walrus", "Cuban Pete", "Take On Me", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", Elvis Presley imitation, Ellen Degeneres appearance)
E♭5 ("I Am The Walrus", "How Wealthy People Laugh", "Bullets With Butterfly Wings")
D5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "How Wealthy People Laugh", "Take On Me")
C♯5 ("Somebody To Love", "No Way")
C5 ("I Started A Joke", "Construction Guys", "No Way (Introduction)", "Jim Carrey (Interview on Jonathon Ross)")
B4 ("I Am The Walrus", "When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "This Friendly World", "Creep", "Bullets With Butterfly Wings")
B♭4 ("Somebody To Love", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "Cuban Pete", "No Way")
A4 ("Creep", "I Am The Walrus", "No Way", "When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "I Believe I Can Fly", "Can't Buy Me Love", "What Is Love?", "Construction Guys", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "I Started A Joke")

Significant Low Notes:

B♭2 ("Cuban Pete")
A2 ("I Am The Walrus", "Creep", "I Started A Joke")
F♯2 ("Cold Dead Hand", Christmas Singing On Letterman, "Jim Carrey (live with Michael Bolton)")
E2 ("Cold Dead Hand")

Lowest Spoken Note:

*Purple or Underlines mark notes in backing vocals, or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.

Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu May 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Starman wrote:
Iamnotafraid's OP without Steve Carell Notes:

Vocal Range: E2-G♯5

Significant High Notes:

G5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "Before He Was Famous", "This Friendly World")
F♯5 ("No Way")
F5 ("I Am The Walrus", "Construction Guys", "Peggy Sue Got Married")
E5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "I Am The Walrus", "Cuban Pete", "Take On Me", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", Elvis Presley imitation, Ellen Degeneres appearance)
E♭5 ("I Am The Walrus", "How Wealthy People Laugh", "Bullets With Butterfly Wings")
D5 ("When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "How Wealthy People Laugh", "Take On Me")
C♯5 ("Somebody To Love", "No Way")
C5 ("I Started A Joke", "Construction Guys", "No Way (Introduction)", "Jim Carrey (Interview on Jonathon Ross)")
B4 ("I Am The Walrus", "When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "This Friendly World", "Creep", "Bullets With Butterfly Wings")
B♭4 ("Somebody To Love", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "Cuban Pete", "No Way")
A4 ("Creep", "I Am The Walrus", "No Way", "When A Man Needs A Big Hit", "I Believe I Can Fly", "Can't Buy Me Love", "What Is Love?", "Construction Guys", "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch", "I Started A Joke")

Significant Low Notes:

B♭2 ("Cuban Pete")
A2 ("I Am The Walrus", "Creep", "I Started A Joke")
F♯2 ("Cold Dead Hand", Christmas Singing On Letterman, "Jim Carrey (live with Michael Bolton)")
E2 ("Cold Dead Hand")

Lowest Spoken Note:

Starman I am so sorry. I just got the two guys mixed up, I know... I know, it's just a long story.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChillShaman on Fri May 08, 2015 3:27 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
You're right Celice, thank you for pointing that out. And Ollie, that's very clever, think of that all by yourself?

No I didn't actually, it's two jokes combined, and then I've passed it off as all my own work.
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri May 15, 2015 2:26 am

Ollie wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

No I didn't actually, it's two jokes combined, and then I've passed it off as all my own work.
Dude, I made a mistake. Get over yourself asshole.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Fri May 15, 2015 2:30 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
You asked a question and he answered. Maybe it's time you chill out.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Fri May 15, 2015 2:36 am

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
You asked a question and he answered. Maybe it's time you chill out.
Okay here's the run down, I know I'm obviously one of, if not the most hated user on this forum. I'm not blaming any of you, it's my fault. I've done some pretty "questionable" things since I joined, and I've got alot of apologizes to be handing out. I know it'll definitely take awhile, it certainly won't happen overnight. You'll all be happy to hear this next part... I'm going to be taking a prolonged break from TRP over the summer, to train myself and better myself when it comes to notewatching. So I will make things right, no matter how long it takes, I promise.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredLetoIsBack on Fri May 15, 2015 2:37 am

I thought I told you to chill out.

JaredLetoIsBack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content