Marc Hudson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marc Hudson

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 am

Voice type: Power Metal Tenor
Vocal range: A2-B5

High notes:

• B5 ("Last Man Stands", "Tomorrow's Kings")
  • A5 ("The Game")
  • G♯5 ("Seasons")
  • G5 ("Extraction Zone", "Holding On", "The Sun is Dead", "Tomorrow's Kings")
  • F♯5 ("City of Gold", "Defenders", "Fallen Word", "Fury of the Storm" live Bogota - 2012, "Operation Ground and Pound" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "Three Hammers", "Valley of the Damned" Live in Santiago 12/09/12)
  • F5 ("Chemical Interference", "Three Hammers")
  • E5 ("City of Gold", "Fury of the Storm" live Bogota - 2012, "Holding On", "Summer's End", "Symphony of the Night", "Wings of Liberty")
  • E♭5 ("Extraction Zone", "Power and Glory", "Seasons", "The Sun is Dead", "Three Hammers", "You're Not Alone")
  • D5 ("Cry Thunder", "Defenders", "Fury of the Storm" live Bogota - 2012, "Give Me the Night", "Heart of the Storm", "Holding On", "Last Man Stands", "Operation Ground and Pound" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "Seasons", "Symphony of the Night", "The Game", "The Sun is Dead", "Valley of the Damned" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "Wings of Liberty")
  • C♯5 ("City of Gold", "No More", "Operation Ground and Pound" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "Power and Glory", "Summer's End", "You're Not Alone")
  • C5 ("Extraction Zone", "Fury of the Storm" live Bogota - 2012, "Give Me the Night", "Holding On", Karmaflow Teaser & Introduction video, "Seasons", "The Sun is Dead", "Through the Fire and Flames" Live at Loud Park 2012, "Valley of the Damned" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "Wings of Liberty")
  • B4 ("City of Gold", "Cry Thunder", "Defenders", "Fury of the Storm" live Bogota - 2012, "Heart of the Storm", "Holding On", "No More", "Operation Ground and Pound" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "Power and Glory", "Seasons" (Acoustic Version), "Summer's End", "Symphony of the Night", "The Game", "Three Hammers", "Tomorrow's Kings", "Valley of the Damned" Live in Santiago 12/09/12, "You're Not Alone")

Low notes:

• F3 ("Chemical Interference", "Give Me the Night", "Seasons", "The Sun is Dead")
  • E3 ("Summer's End", "Valley of the Damned" Live in Santiago 12/09/12)
  • D3 ("Chemical Interference", "Holding On", "Symphony of the Night")
  • C♯3 ("Fight to Be Free", Karmaflow Teaser & Introduction video)
  • B2 ("Holding On", "Symphony of the Night")
  • A2 ("Defenders")

*Underlined notes are found in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

First getting his break with Dragonforce in 2011, Marc Hudson has demonstrated remarkable skill in his clean, Kiske/Luppi influenced tenor vocal style. His sound is more directly soaring and bright than his predecessor ZP Theart, but he also utilizes a wider range of tones and notes.

Last edited by danny-spear on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 am; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Marc Hudson

Post  MrToddington on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 am

I'm guessing what you've started with is the TRP1 thread? Anyway, I'd advise against interview notes. Also, please try and add a description about the vocalist and some clips when you can. Wink
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:50 am

no, I didn't take someone else's thread. I'll add those soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Change the "Through the Fire and Flames" highs to just "live" and remove the date, since he does those on all performances.
More live notes of pre Marc Dragonforce songs.

Fury of the Storm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_52wp0wNUs 0:28 F#5. 6:25 E5s

Operation Ground and Pound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpcJyvuwBVA 1:44 and 7:01 lots of good and controlled D5s 7:36 F#5

Valley of the Damned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoYaQ-RGE9k 0:41 E3s. 1:39 D5s.
5:58 E5 with short F5
(those last 2 notes could be listed as "Live in Santiago 2012" since he seems to avoid the E5 in some recent performances and the F5 is an adition of his for that special performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIcKw2QOHFM 0:17 F5
(also should be listed as "Live in Buenos Aires 2012")

I will check more recent live performances of pre-Marc DF songs. There are too many and most of the have some pretty demanding HIGHS

Last edited by Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : E3s=demanding lows. LOL, what was I thinking. How did anyone notice that?!?!)
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Pepe Forever wrote:Change the "Through the Fire and Flames" highs to just "live" and remove the date, since he does those on all performances.
More live notes of pre Marc Dragonforce songs.

Well the date can still be used if there's one which sounds cooler, or otherwise a link could be provided to one that stands out.
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:05 pm

k

BTW how is Interview and Karmaflow Teaser & Introduction video listed as sung?
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Pepe Forever wrote:k
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrToddington on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 pm

B6 wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote:k

What did I do Crying
MrToddington
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 pm

I just preferred Pepe's idea.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:10 am

well i think I'm done. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cro on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:10 am

Since you already have listed both year and place where concert took place listed next to the song names I think that the full date is not neccessary. And yeah, I agree with Todd about the interview notes.
Cro
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:56 am

Remember to add the E5 and F5 from Valley of the Damned and the F5 from TTFAF. cyclops

BTW there's no need to list the B4s from Fury of the Storm. The thing is that only the highest controlled, melody sung, repeated and good sounding notes of a song get listed.
If the highest note is just a single note, a slide or something, and there are more controlled and melody sung but lower notes, you list both, but not more.
In this it would be: you have an F#5 and then E5s that's sung in a melody in the last chorus. That's good enough IMO. No need to list lower notes.
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top