Significant high notes:

• G♯6 (?"Jomfruva Ingebjør")
  • E6 (?"Jomfruva Ingebjør")
  • D6 (?"Jomfruva Ingebjør")
  • C6 ("Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker")
  • B5 ("Sjå Attende")
  • G♯5 ("Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker")
  • F♯5 ("Sjå Attende")
  • F5 ("Du E Nær", "Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker")
  • E5 ("Kjærleik", "Gi Mæ Fred", "Sjå Attende")
  • E♭5 ("Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker")
  • D5 ("Du E Nær", "Kjærleik", "Knut Liten Og Sylvelin", "Rike Rodenigår")
  • C♯5 ("Sjå Attende")
  • C5 ("Du E Nær", "Gi Mæ Fred", "Mitt Hjerte Alltid Vanker", "Rike Rodenigår", "Til Deg")
  • B4 ("Jomfruva Ingebjør", "Kjærleik", "Knut Liten Og Sylvelin", "Gi Mæ Fred", "Sjå Attende")

Significant low notes:

• B♭3 ("Du E Nær")
  • A3 ("Jomfruva Ingebjør", "Knut Liten Og Sylvelin", "Sjå Attende", "Til Deg")
  • G3 ("Bendik Og Årolijia", "Rike Rodenigår")
  • F♯3 ("Knut Liten Og Sylvelin")
  • F3 ("Bendik Og Årolijia", "Gi Mæ Fred")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Singer for Gåte. Quite a beautiful voice In Love
No idea of what to make of 4:48 on, by the way:
Sounds like the top notes in "Sjå Attende"... But I'm not sure it's voice in the first place Freak

Last edited by B6 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:38 am; edited 3 times in total
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gunnhild Sundli

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:43 am

No Voice Types? Surprised

Those notes sound like a violin to me :p
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sweetnut on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:17 am

Such a beautiful voice! She is a probably light lyric soprano.
Sweetnut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:27 am

Sounds right, though voice types Crying
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Soprano Frustrada on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:15 am

the notes were sung :3
and those were really easy D6 and E6 =D

about voice type, sounds like standard soprano to me :3
Soprano Frustrada

View user profile http://ask.fm/SopranoFrustrada

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:25 am

The notes are "sung", but I'm still not so sure they're human voice. I'd wait for a few more "votes", for the moment.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:04 pm

B6 wrote:The notes are "sung", but I'm still not so sure they're human voice. I'd wait for a few more "votes", for the moment.

I see I made you really fall in love, and the voice type is Soprano Timi actually loves her fem voice. But ya, she was trained classically and in Jazz at a young age to develop which she did into lyric Soprano. Those are here higher head voiced screams...I can confirm those are here full voicing them seeing as how well she was trained and is still passionate with that training.  To explain further part of her technique is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally really high belted head voiced screams in full.  I've heard she has hit 7th octave too, but I'm not too positive on that as it has been quite some time since I went through her discography.  I got a few D6s and a few E6s which are sung, but that last one was a G#6 whistle range...possibly falsetto.

Last edited by Toyman on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 pm

More 6th octaves I've gotten C6..I think a few sharp 6th octaves two though I'm positive of some sung 4th and 5ths in here too.  I think our friend mr. G#6 is back in here.

If you need more lows.

More lower singing and highs...lovely technique in this one.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:31 am

Toyman wrote:I see I made you really fall in love
Yep. Thank you Cheers
Timi actually loves her fem voice.
Not surprised Wink
More 6th octaves I've gotten C6..I think a few sharp 6th octaves two though I'm positive of some sung 4th and 5ths in here too.  I think our friend mr. G#6 is back in here.
Lovely performance! Some C5s and E♭5s, and the higher passages is mostly G♯5s and a glide up to C6 (same sound as the Jomfruva Ingebjør notes, so I'll count those too). See, I do think those notes are head voice, but seeing as the rest of her range is all exactly the same tone, while those notes are noticeably a bit lighter and flutey, so I guess we can consider those blue. If not though, nice black F3-G♯6 mrs. Sundli.
If you need more lows.
Same notes as the studio notes. Really nice.
More lower singing and highs...lovely technique in this one.
Some really nice A3s and some C5s.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:54 am

I'd say the G#6 is for sure a whistle/falsetto the other two might be falsetto might be sung...I'm not the best on female falsettos.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:13 am

It's all the same register, and all sung. That's not what was being questioned.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:19 am

B6 wrote:It's all the same register, and all sung. That's not what was being questioned.

Well, I'm sure the notes are black then because what she is doing is a form of old Norwegian kveding where a strong singer take poetic ballads and builds up high...she's held these highs in black since she was like 9 years old...as a jazz and classically trained lyric soprano.  So, with her voice type alone/gender alone I would rule it to blue then I'd rule it to black personally.  I guess we'd call it Norsk kveding belted highs?  Also, when this style is used the singer tends to pitch off the other instruments surrounding them aiding them into a higher pitched black note...so...ya...I'd say black.

Last edited by Toyman on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:21 am

No.
There aren't different rules/criteria for norwegian singers.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:26 am

B6 wrote:No.
There aren't different rules/criteria for norwegian singers.

Okay, then by the rules of the forum leave them blue.  I'm saying not because she's Norwegian...I'm saying because of the style she's using might make them black, but if we go to the forum's standard they'd I think be blue because that while in Norwegian terms would probably be considered black...here would be viewed as blue simply because if those are all the same register...then because of the G#6 sounding too "airy" alone I'd say falsetto or whistle maybe which it sounds like to me..cuz isn't whistle high pitched shrieks like that?  So, in that case I'd keep them blue...remember I'm not the best at female voices...more so when it comes to falsetto...it just sounds like to me that G#6 is whistle. However, in my opinion the lower six octave notes sound slightly supported though I guess that wouldn't count in the "ya ah ha" parts...I don't know. v.v Anyways the G#6 is the only one I'm positive isn't supported...far far too airy..the others I'd say half supported, but not fully supported.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:02 am

Well we don't judge blackness on "supportedness", we judge it on how much a note is consistent with the rest of a singer's range. The G♯6 sounds like the same thing as the E6s and D6s; it's a question of what thing that thing is. Listening to it alone it sounds not too hard to call blue, but it sounds like the same thing as her C6, B5, G♯5s and F♯5s, which are weird. The execution of the latter sound kinda different from her lower, more belted-ish high notes, and the tone is lighter and airier, so I guess they can count as blue; I just thought there was room for doubt because the tonal difference isn't super big.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:36 am

B6 wrote:Well we don't judge blackness on "supportedness", we judge it on how much a note is consistent with the rest of a singer's range. The G♯6 sounds like the same thing as the E6s and D6s; it's a question of what thing that thing is. Listening to it alone it sounds not too hard to call blue, but it sounds like the same thing as her C6, B5, G♯5s and F♯5s, which are weird. The execution of the latter sound kinda different from her lower, more belted-ish high notes, and the tone is lighter and airier, so I guess they can count as blue; I just thought there was room for doubt because the tonal difference isn't super big.

That's just the style I mentioned isn't that big in Norway anymore...it started in mid-evil times long ago...kinda rare these days compared to back then.  I think another chick the one from Lumsk does that at times too..another Norwegian band in the sorta same category.  I'd guess since they are sustained long enough they'd have to be blue.  Basically as I said in kveding they start to harmonize their voices with the instruments on dramatic build ups like that, so it is likely she switched to falsetto to hold up the high notes...even whistle is possible for how high she got since they are using common Norwegian folk music instruments in the background come to think of it...then again are we sure that all the notes are her if the other instruments are harmonizing to a point with her up there?  I mean we have keyboards, violns, synths, guitars...could some of those be the synth? I mean that weird instrument being played around her voice when we hear that G#6 is Magnus Robot Børmark's robocaster synth-guitar...which can make some pretty high voiced sounds as a synth guitar...is it possible that's throwing us off? He plays it in both videos where we heard it so far....that's why I'm questioning that note right now...though her style states otherwise. :/
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inhibitions on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:53 pm

The Hanged Man wrote:
Yeah, but violins don't make that sound Cool

The fact that it's in the studio (and I can't find a live version of it), makes me believe it's an effect. Not saying that she couldn't hit them, they just sound way too blended and not human like.

So yeah, it's not her. Thumb up
inhibitions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:57 pm

inhibitions wrote:
The Hanged Man wrote:
Yeah, but violins don't make that sound Cool

The fact that it's in the studio (and I can't find a live version of it), makes me believe it's an effect. Not saying that she couldn't hit them, they just sound way too blended and not human like.

So yeah, it's not her. Thumb up

It is the uh one dude's guitar he has a uh robocaster which makes weird sounds like that......a synth guitar is what's making that noise.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inhibitions on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:05 am

Oh, you did mention that Durrr . I'm a really fast reader.

Yeah, synth guitar. Not her. Good work Handshake
inhibitions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:09 am

inhibitions wrote:Oh, you did mention that Durrr. I'm a really fast reader.

Yeah, synth guitar. Not her. Good work Handshake

Ya, Magnus Robot Børmark plays two synth guitars the robocaster and the Les Robot the two had been made by Frank Stavem.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:37 am

You went from "full head voice screams" to "synth guitar" too quickly Sad

Btw, Raleigh, have you actually listened to the guitar video? There is pretty much no similarity between that and the "Jomfruva Ingebjør" notes. I'd be more ready to accept that as electric violin, synthesizers, voice with effects, or pitch shifted, rather than that. It does sound weird and kinda inhuman, but listen to 2:54:

The timbre, as she gets to the (effortless and controlled) B5, is pretty believably similar to the sixth octave notes, and the phrasing on the latter is the same as a LOT of her high notes. I'll be the first to say those notes are questionable as fuck, but at the same time, I'd say the phrasing, tone, and also the weird undershot-ness of the G♯6 seem surprisingly consistent with her top notes, so I'd say we shouldn't discount them that easily.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:50 am

B6 wrote:You went from "full head voice screams" to "synth guitar" too quickly Sad

Btw, Raleigh, have you actually listened to the guitar video? There is pretty much no similarity between that and the "Jomfruva Ingebjør" notes. I'd be more ready to accept that as electric violin, synthesizers, voice with effects, or pitch shifted, rather than that. It does sound weird and kinda inhuman, but listen to 2:54:

The timbre, as she gets to the (effortless and controlled) B5, is pretty believably similar to the sixth octave notes, and the phrasing on the latter is the same as a LOT of her high notes. I'll be the first to say those notes are questionable as fuck, but at the same time, I'd say the phrasing, tone, and also the weird undershot-ness of the G♯6 seem surprisingly consistent with her top notes, so I'd say we shouldn't discount them that easily.

Well, the guy who plays the synth guitars also does the synth for everything else too.  So, is it possible they used a synth to pitch it up higher?  See, something in it sounds sorta supported though something seems off.  So, this is what I'm thinking...she's using that old technique she has a degree in where she harmonizes with the instruments to lunge her vocals up that high meaning head voice...or, it is his synth guitar...or lastly...it is harmonization of her voice boosted by a normal synth given off a weird harmony with the synth guitar...making it sound weird...I can't pick really which it is...I mean you haven't found a live version with this right?..Possible studio effects or?

^Fuck what I just said that's head voiced kveding...o.o...where she pitches up off the surrounding instruments.  If you watch her throat you can watch the muscles going in for support at that spot.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inhibitions on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:06 am

B6 wrote:

I would not be surprised if it was her voice, but there's not enough evidence. That B5 Shocked , while it does sound similar, that one had a build up so to speak.

Either way, I can't disprove you. So, whatever you want to count them as.

Toyman wrote:
Well, the guy who plays the synth guitars also does the synth for everything else too.  So, is it possible they used a synth to pitch it up higher?  See, something in it sounds sorta supported though something seems off.  So, this is what I'm thinking...she's using that old technique she has a degree in where she harmonizes with the instruments to lunge her vocals up that high meaning head voice...or, it is his synth guitar...or lastly...it is harmonization of her voice boosted by a normal synth given off a weird harmony with the synth guitar...making it sound weird...I can't pick really which it is...I mean you haven't found a live version with this right?..Possible studio effects or?

Or we could just say it's pitch shifted Rolling Eyes
And how do you know it's the same guy doing everything? Do you have credits?

inhibitions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:14 am

inhibitions wrote:
B6 wrote:

I would not be surprised if it was her voice, but there's not enough evidence. That B5 Shocked, while it does sound similar, that one had a build up so to speak.

Either way, I can't disprove you. So, whatever you want to count them as.

Toyman wrote:

Or we could just say it's pitch shifted Rolling Eyes
And how do you know it's the same guy doing everything? Do you have credits?

Yes, Magnus Robot Børmark – guitar, synth-guitar, synth. Magnus Robot Børmark born 1982. From Trondheim. Learned to play guitar and piano from his older brother. He has played in popular rock bands, such as Torch, before joining Gåte in December 2000. He plays a Fender Telecaster, Robotcaster and Les Robot, the last two being made by Frank Stavem. He now plays guitar in the band 22.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:14 am

I'll just state the Gunnhildsundliness of the notes as a possibility in the OP.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum