Miley Cyrus

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miley Cyrus

Post  KLS on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:52 am



Melodic range: B2-E6
Total range: F♯2-F♯7

Significant high notes:

  • F♯7 ("Kicking and Screaming" live 9/23/09)
  • E6 ("Just a Girl" music video, "The Driveway" live in Berlin)
  • G5 ("On My Own", "We Can't Stop" live on Jimmy Kimmel)
  • F♯5 ("Liberty Walk", "We Can't Stop")
  • F5 ("FU", "Love Money Party", "Maybe You're Right", "Morning Sun", "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?" live on MTV Unplugged)
  • E5 ("Just a Girl", "On My Own", "Permanent December", "Real and True", "Send It On", "SMS (Bangerz)", "The Time of Our Lives")
  • E♭5 ("Drive", "I'll Always Remember You", "Kiss It Goodbye", "Love Money Party", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Robot")
  • D5 ("Adore You", "Can't Be Tamed", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Fly on the Wall", "Forgiveness and Love", "FU", "Get It Right", "Kicking and Screaming", "Let's Do This", "Que Sera", "Someone Else", "Stay", "Take Me Along", "This Boy, That Girl", "Who Owns My Heart", "Wrecking Ball")
  • C♯5 ("Do My Thang", "Drive", "Liberty Walk", "Maybe You're Right", "Nothing to Lose", "Obsessed", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Permanent December", "Send It On", "The Climb", "The Time of Our Lives", "Two More Lonely People", "We Can't Stop", "When I Look at You")
  • C5 ("Adore You", "Don't Wanna Be Torn", "Dream", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Get It Right", "I'll Always Remember You", "Robot", "Someone Else", "Spotlight", "Take Me Along", "The Best of Both Worlds", "What's Not to Like?", "Wherever I go", "Who Owns My Heart", "Wrecking Ball")

Significant low notes:

  • F3 ("Been Here All Along", "East Northumberland High", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "It's All Right Here", "Robot", "Rooting for My Baby", "Stay", "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?" live on MTV Unplugged, "Wrecking Ball")
  • E3 ("4×4", "7 Things", "Bigger Than Us", "Can't Be Tamed", "Forgiveness and Love", "Hands in the Air", "Hovering", "Let's Do This", "Obsessed", "On My Own", "Ordinary Girl", "The Time of Our Lives", "We Can't Stop")
  • E♭3 ("Drive", "Goodbye", "Love That Lets Go", "My Darlin'", "Robot")
  • D3 ("FU", "Hands in the Air", "Ordinary Girl")
  • C♯3 ("7 Things", "Goodbye", "Summertime Sadness" live, "Wake Up America")
  • B2 ("We Can't Stop")
  • F♯2 (Fifty Shades of Grey SNL skit)

.......................................................
*Purple marks notes found in backing vocals.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.


Last edited by KLS on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:12 am; edited 65 times in total

KLS

Posts: 51
Join date: 2013-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Vocal Range

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:27 am

I think she's probably either mezzo-soprano or alto, not contralto since her lower notes aren't very full, and not soprano because she uses falsetto or whistle to get anything above mezzo-soprano range.

CrazyNinjaFish

Posts: 33
Join date: 2013-05-21
Age: 17
Location: Space.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  Cro on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:22 am

CrazyNinjaFish wrote:I think she's probably either mezzo-soprano or alto, not contralto since her lower notes aren't very full, and not soprano because she uses falsetto or whistle to get anything above mezzo-soprano range.
She even doesn't have any note above mezzo range?

Cro

Posts: 995
Join date: 2012-09-01
Age: 20
Location: Unknown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  Toyman on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 pm

KLS wrote:
Voice type: ?
Sung range: B♭2-F♯5
Total range: B♭2-G6

Significant high notes:
  • G6 (Interview)
  • F♯5 ("Liberty Walk", "We Can't Stop")
  • F5 ("Liberty Walk")
  • E5 ("Permanent December", "We Can't Stop")
  • E♭5 ("Robot", "We Can't Stop")
  • D5 ("Can't Be Tamed", "Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Forgiveness and Love", "Stay", "Take Me Along", "Who Owns My Heart")
  • C♯5 ("Liberty Walk", "Permanent December", "Two More Lonely People")
  • C5 ("Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Robot", "Take Me Along", "Who Owns My Heart")

Significant low notes:
  • F3 ("Every Rose Has Its Thorn", "Liberty Walk", "Robot", "Stay")
  • E3 ("Can't Be Tamed", "Forgiveness and Love", "Ordinary Girl")
  • E♭3 ("Liberty Walk", "Robot")
  • D3 ("Ordinary Girl", "The Star-Spangled Banner" live)
  • C♯3 ("Goodbye", "Wake Up America")
  • B♭2 ("Liberty Walk")

Her voice type is auto-tune.

Toyman

Posts: 600
Join date: 2013-04-22
Age: 23
Location: Southern Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 pm

I heard her do a couple whistle register E6s when i looked up her vocal range (because I don't actually like her music, but am curious to know what her range is).

Edit: I found the video. It's about 1:40, and there's a G#6 that could probably be marked as red.


CrazyNinjaFish

Posts: 33
Join date: 2013-05-21
Age: 17
Location: Space.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  KLS on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:53 pm

CrazyNinjaFish wrote:I heard her do a couple whistle register E6s when i looked up her vocal range (because I don't actually like her music, but am curious to know what her range is).

Edit: I found the video. It's about 1:40, and there's a G#6 that could probably be marked as red.

I believe that G♯6 is from 2006, so she was about 13 or 14. Not sure if it would be fair to include in this thread. I'm trying to only use her newest material. All of the high notes I have listed are from her last album and her new single. I appreciate you wanting to help though Smile

KLS

Posts: 51
Join date: 2013-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  OctavianFan on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Liberty Walk is one of her rangiest songs maybe that correlates as to why it's one of my least favorite.

OctavianFan

Posts: 50
Join date: 2012-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  B6 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:36 pm

I've heard rumors of notes down to G#2 by her. Definitely wouldn't surprise me too much, seeing as her voice sounds like that of a smoker.
I'm pretty sure she has brought the random high squeal in the Hannah Montana theme up to near he top of the sixth octave live. I think even stuff from when she was 14 should be countable, her voice was already pretty smoky.

B6
Moderator

Posts: 4491
Join date: 2012-08-27
Age: 16
Location: Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  KLS on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:38 pm

B6 wrote:I've heard rumors of notes down to G#2 by her. Definitely wouldn't surprise me too much, seeing as her voice sounds like that of a smoker.
I'm pretty sure she has brought the random high squeal in the Hannah Montana theme up to near he top of the sixth octave live. I think even stuff from when she was 14 should be countable, her voice was already pretty smoky.
A full G♯2? Shocked Also, she has quite a few 7th octave notes (link) I have no idea how old they are, but I'll add them if you think it's safe.
She seems to have decent whistle access, iirc the G6 I have listed was sustained and it wasn't even screamed

KLS

Posts: 51
Join date: 2013-04-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  DDDiego on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 am

KLS wrote:
CrazyNinjaFish wrote:I heard her do a couple whistle register E6s when i looked up her vocal range (because I don't actually like her music, but am curious to know what her range is).

Edit: I found the video. It's about 1:40, and there's a G#6 that could probably be marked as red.

I believe that G♯6 is from 2006, so she was about 13 or 14. Not sure if it would be fair to include in this thread. I'm trying to only use her newest material. All of the high notes I have listed are from her last album and her new single. I appreciate you wanting to help though Smile
Actually the G♯6 is from a new version of The Best Of Both Worlds she did in 2009.
Her voice has definitely gotten darker, just listen to her speaking.. I bet she'd have to lower key to sing The Best Of Both Worlds now.sound like a

DDDiego

Posts: 1061
Join date: 2013-03-06

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/diego-a-m

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Well, as much lower as her voice may be now, I still doubt she's a contralto, because her low notes sound pretty gross and nasally, hah.

CrazyNinjaFish

Posts: 33
Join date: 2013-05-21
Age: 17
Location: Space.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 pm

have you actually heard her voice she sounds like a tranny

B6
Moderator

Posts: 4491
Join date: 2012-08-27
Age: 16
Location: Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 pm

That said, vois types Popcorn

B6
Moderator

Posts: 4491
Join date: 2012-08-27
Age: 16
Location: Here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  The Great Lurex on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:45 pm

B6 wrote:have you actually heard her voice she sounds like a tranny

The Great Lurex

Posts: 1783
Join date: 2013-05-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  DDDiego on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:54 pm

L. Lurkex wrote:
B6 wrote:have you actually heard her voice she sounds like a tranny
Parrot Parrot
I don't like her either...
Parrot Parrot

DDDiego

Posts: 1061
Join date: 2013-03-06

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/diego-a-m

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum