Courtney Love

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:26 am

B6 wrote:I haven't checked any of her songs apart from "Malibu", but I'm very doubtful that those pitches are right. With all due respect, having seen how far off most of the pitches were in the Elena Tonra thread, I wouldn't trust Inhi's pitching that much Cop

Yeah. Smile You caught me there. I'm terrible with pitches, even when I use a piano and everything.

So, would you spare me some mercy and save me from the social awkwardness, embarrassment, and delete the thread? Very Happy I promise I'll stay far away.
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:37 am

inhibitions wrote:
Felicia Is Gone Sad wrote:wouldnt she be a contralto? Popcorn

I know that contralto and alto are used interchangeably on the forum (idk why because it's rather ridiculous), and I hadn't seen a 'Contralto' thread.

Idk, most of these lows, esp. Babydoll, are screamed. I think it's a better idea to label her (and anyone else, really) as a contralto.

Good singer for someone with hella terrible nodes :\.
Earlier Contralto and Alto used to be different terms, Contralto being the deepest female voice and Alto being a tad higher. Now (and good thing) it seems like they became equal terms (otherwise Grace Slick would be as "Contralto")

And by "screamed" you mean "growled" right?
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  B6 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:22 am

inhibitions wrote:
B6 wrote:I haven't checked any of her songs apart from "Malibu", but I'm very doubtful that those pitches are right. With all due respect, having seen how far off most of the pitches were in the Elena Tonra thread, I wouldn't trust Inhi's pitching that much Cop

Yeah. Smile You caught me there. I'm terrible with pitches, even when I use a piano and everything.

So, would you spare me some mercy and save me from the social awkwardness, embarrassment, and delete the thread? Very Happy I promise I'll stay far away.
Oh don't be so harsh on yourself. Correcting the wrong pitches will be enough. Will do when I can (if someone else wants to do it, they're welcome).
avatar
B6
Range Advisor

Posts : 4682
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Desert island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 am

B6 wrote:
inhibitions wrote:
B6 wrote:I haven't checked any of her songs apart from "Malibu", but I'm very doubtful that those pitches are right. With all due respect, having seen how far off most of the pitches were in the Elena Tonra thread, I wouldn't trust Inhi's pitching that much Cop

Yeah. Smile You caught me there. I'm terrible with pitches, even when I use a piano and everything.

So, would you spare me some mercy and save me from the social awkwardness, embarrassment, and delete the thread? Very Happy I promise I'll stay far away.
Oh don't be so harsh on yourself. Correcting the wrong pitches will be enough. Will do when I can (if someone else wants to do it, they're welcome).
I'll give it a second try, but I'm liable to get it wrong Razz.
Thank you, but don't have to waste your time on this monstrosity Very Happy
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Saint.0 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:30 pm

inhibitions wrote:
Felicia Is Gone Sad wrote:wouldnt she be a contralto? Popcorn

I know that contralto and alto are used interchangeably on the forum (idk why because it's rather ridiculous), and I hadn't seen a 'Contralto' thread.

Idk, most of these lows, esp. Babydoll, are screamed. I think it's a better idea to label her (and anyone else, really) as a contralto.

Good singer for someone with hella terrible nodes :\.

Look at this thread for a contralto.
http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t970-lisa-gerrard?highlight=lisa+gerrard
avatar
Saint.0
Range Advisor

Posts : 1492
Join date : 2012-12-27
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:06 am


Right around 3:49 is what I pitched as the god awful D4. Wtf at my brain Shocked . There's no way in hell that's a D4. Maybe a G3? Maybe something else entirely? I'm not the best pitcher to begin with, but noise rock is really hard to pitch and listen to.
Any opinions?


Also, I want to say she hits a 2nd octave note in the first 40 some seconds of this song. It just doesn't sound high enough to be something I accidentally pitched it down the octave >.<
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:43 am

Hey dude op look great Thumb up
One thing I will say is change the vocal and total range up to D5, but otherwise great work, should be ready for review soon
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:50 am

HOLY FUCKING JESUS didn't new Courtney had those crazy second octave lows and HOLY FUCK BLACK B1 WHAT THE HELL Shocked Surprised
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 am

To quote my thoughts most accurately:
B6 wrote:nahgurl.jpg

edit: I don't know if I pitched these notes correctly. I can't even remember when I pitched them tbh Very Happy.
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:53 am

Black D5 in the end?
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:55 am

Pepe Forever wrote: Black D5 in the end?

I don't know what to label it as, "Call me a bitch" or "Rantings of a crack whore"
Nice find though Smile
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:01 am

inhibitions wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote: Black D5 in the end?

I don't know what to label it as, "Call me a bitch" or "Rantings of a crack whore"
Nice find though Smile
Well, it's the beginning of a song. If we could just know which song it is...
BTW just listened to "Violet" and I couldn't spot any of the mentioned lows. Care to link to the parts you think they are? (if you remember)
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 am

inhibitions wrote:
Right around 3:49 is what I pitched as the god awful D4. Wtf at my brain Shocked . There's no way in hell that's a D4. Maybe a G3? Maybe something else entirely? I'm not the best pitcher to begin with, but noise rock is really hard to pitch and listen to.
Any opinions?
Sounds like an E5 that might slightly touch F5 to me.

inhibitions wrote:
Also, I want to say she hits a 2nd octave note in the first 40 some seconds of this song. It just doesn't sound high enough to be something I accidentally pitched it down the octave >.<
Lowest I hear is C♯3
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:07 am

Good thread, now let's raise the whole thing an octave.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:09 am

Full wrote:Good thread, now let's raise the whole thing an octave.

yo, I'm down with this, saves me the time and a migraine from her voice.
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:12 am

Pepe Forever wrote:
inhibitions wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote: Black D5 in the end?

I don't know what to label it as, "Call me a bitch" or "Rantings of a crack whore"
Nice find though Smile
Well, it's the beginning of a song. If we could just know which song it is...
BTW just listened to "Violet" and I couldn't spot any of the mentioned lows. Care to link to the parts you think they are? (if you remember)

I can't either, there's one around 1:20 ish that I might have mistaken... but Shocked am I like tone deaf or something? There's no way in hell there's an A2 in any of it.
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:19 am

inhibitions wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote:BTW just listened to "Violet" and I couldn't spot any of the mentioned lows. Care to link to the parts you think they are? (if you remember

I can't either, there's one around 1:20 ish that I might have mistaken... but Shocked am I like tone deaf or something? There's no way in hell there's an A2 in any of it.
Lowest I hear around there is F3, and the lowest I hear on the song is E3 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cH_rfGBwamc#t=45s )
Also I hear "Doll Parts" bottoming at D3, unless you heard something lower on the backing vocals.
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:30 am

Pepe Forever wrote:
inhibitions wrote:
Pepe Forever wrote:BTW just listened to "Violet" and I couldn't spot any of the mentioned lows. Care to link to the parts you think they are? (if you remember

I can't either, there's one around 1:20 ish that I might have mistaken... but Shocked am I like tone deaf or something? There's no way in hell there's an A2 in any of it.
Lowest I hear around there is F3, and the lowest I hear on the song is E3 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cH_rfGBwamc#t=45s )
Also I hear "Doll Parts" bottoming at D3, unless you heard something lower on the backing vocals.
She doesn't do her own backing vocals IIRC.

I'm happy with doing what Sippe suggested as long as we rule out that 'supposed' B1 by her. I doubt it's legit.
There's a butt ton of lows in this song, so I don't know what specific low I was thinking about.


Thank you all for the help, seriously.
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:50 am

inhibitions wrote:

I'm happy with doing what Sippe suggested as long as we rule out that 'supposed' B1 by her. I doubt it's legit.
There's a butt ton of lows in this song, so I don't know what specific low I was thinking about.


Thank you all for the help, seriously.
Gets to some pretty solid C3s there (totally not red IMO), a few whispery slides to B♭2s and I might be hearing some G♯2s in the "so what can I do?" parts but I think those are just C3s that get confused by the backing guitar.
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Sandblasted on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:52 am

I listened to Live through This earlier this week and this is what I remember (excluding the songs Donuts already corrected and the correct notes in the OP):

Miss World: Lowest note is G3
Plump: Shouted D5s in the chorus
Asking for it: D5s in the second verse, also in the last choruses; pretty sure there's a D3 in one of the "Did she ask you nice?"
Jennifer's Body: Didn't recall anything significant, somebody can double check if they want
Credit in the Straight World: Intro ends on an E3
Softer, Softest: C5s in the last chorus, heard G3s but no F3s (this song is amazing BTW)
She Walks On Me: Verses are pretty much entirely shouted D5s
I Think That Would Die: E5s in the loud choruses, non-modal G5 (?, I suck at pitching those kind of notes) at 2:09, nothing lower than G3
Gutless: I can't even remember this song let any alone any notes Embarassed
Olympia (mistakenly titled "Rock Star"): Shouted D5s in the chorus

BTW I don't hear anything lower than E3 in "Celebrity Skin" (the song), I might check the album later too.
avatar
Sandblasted
Moderator

Posts : 572
Join date : 2013-06-07
Age : 24
Location : Saint John, Canada

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Blastdude

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:04 am

Pepe Forever wrote:Gets to some pretty solid C3s there (totally not red IMO), a few whispery slides to B♭2s and I might be hearing some G♯2s in the "so what can I do?" parts but I think those are just C3s that get confused by the backing guitar.

Hmm. Maybe put that B in as orange?

Sandblasted wrote:I listened to Live through This earlier this week and this is what I remember (excluding the songs Donuts already corrected and the correct notes in the OP):

Miss World: Lowest note is G3
Plump: Shouted D5s in the chorus
Asking for it: D5s in the second verse, also in the last choruses; pretty sure there's a D3 in one of the "Did she ask you nice?"
Jennifer's Body: Didn't recall anything significant, somebody can double check if they want
Credit in the Straight World: Intro ends on an E3
Softer, Softest: C5s in the last chorus, heard G3s but no F3s (this song is amazing BTW)
She Walks On Me: Verses are pretty much entirely shouted D5s
I Think That Would Die: E5s in the loud choruses, non-modal G5 (?, I suck at pitching those kind of notes) at 2:09, nothing lower than G3
Gutless: I can't even remember this song let any alone any notes Embarassed
Olympia (mistakenly titled "Rock Star"): Shouted D5s in the chorus

BTW I don't hear anything lower than E3 in "Celebrity Skin" (the song), I might check the album later too.

Wow! Thanks a bunch. This is awesome because I really didn't want to have to listen to Live Through This, tbh.

I'm just going to go ahead and add in these notes and raise the lower section up an octave-- esp. the 2nd octaves because there's no way in hell she ever could've reached any of that

avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Pepe Forever on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:55 am

I would call "Call Me a Bitch" sung neither I would give that title to it. I guess Live ranting before a song or something like that should be fine.
avatar
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2012-09-08
Age : 22
Location : The land of the Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:05 am

Alright, changed Smile.

Thank you so much for help on the thread today. Like, legit, I don't know how this mess would've gotten sorted out without the kind contributions made today. I love this place Hug
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  B6 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 am

Pepe Forever wrote:
inhibitions wrote:
Right around 3:49 is what I pitched as the god awful D4. Wtf at my brain Shocked . There's no way in hell that's a D4. Maybe a G3? Maybe something else entirely? I'm not the best pitcher to begin with, but noise rock is really hard to pitch and listen to.
Any opinions?
Sounds like an E5 that might slightly touch F5 to me.
I hear it as a pretty standard (if not sharpish) F5.
avatar
B6
Range Advisor

Posts : 4682
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 20
Location : Desert island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  inhibitions on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 am

Damn Shocked I'm that off? rofl
avatar
inhibitions

Posts : 1921
Join date : 2013-01-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Courtney Love

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum