Rick Davies

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rick Davies

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:12 am

Voice type: Baritone
Vocal range: D2-G♯5

Significant High Notes:

G♯5 - "Asylum"
G5 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "Listen to Me Please" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997", "Remembering"
F5 - "My Kind of Lady"
E5 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "Dreamer", "Oh Darling"
E♭5 - "Goodbye Stranger", "Listen to Me Please"
D5 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "My Kind of Lady", "Waiting So Long"
C♯5 - "Bloody Well Right" live at Pavillon de Paris 1979, "Forever", "Goodbye Stranger", "Lover Boy", "Oh Darling", "Put on Your Old Brown Shoes"
C5 - "Asylum" live at Hammersmith Odeon 1975, "Bonnie", "Dead Man's Blues", "Goodbye Stranger", "Hide in Your Shell", "My Kind of Lady", "Oh Darling", "It Doesn't Matter"
B4 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "Asylum" live at Pavillon de Paris 1979, "Gone Hollywood"
B♭4 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "Hide in Your Shell"
A4 - "An Awful Thing to Waste", "And the Light", "Another Man's Woman" live at Pavillon de Paris 1979, "Asylum", "Brother Where You Bound", "Cannonball", "Friend in Need", "From Now On" live at Palacio de los Deportes 2010,"I'm Beggin' You", "My Kind of Lady", "Oh Darling", "Shadow Song", "Where There's a Will"
G♯4 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "Don't You Lie to Me (I Get Evil)", "From Now On", "Goodbye Stranger", "I'm Beggin' You", "Where There's a Will"
G4 - "An Awful Thing to Waste", "And the Light", "Another Man's Woman", "A Soapbox Opera", "Asylum", "Bloody Well Right", "Broken Hearted", "Brother Where You Bound", "Cannonball", "C'est What", "Coming Home to See You", "Crime of the Century", "Dreamer", "From Now On" live 1988, "Give a Little Bit" live at Pavillon de Paris 1979, "Gone Hollywood", "I'm Beggin' You", "(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man", "It's Alright", "Just Another Nervous Wreck", "Listen to Me Please", "Little By Little" "Not the Moment" live 1988, "Poor Boy", "Remembering", "Rudy", "Slow Motion", "Some Things Never Change", "Waiting So Long", "Your Poppa Don't Mind", "You Win, I Love" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997
F♯4 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "A Sting in the Tail", "Asylum", "Bee in Your Bonnet", "Better Days", "Bonnie", "Brother Where You Bound", "C'est What", "Downstream", "Ever Open Door", "Give a Little Bit" live at Pavillon de Paris 1979, "Gone Hollywood" live at Palacio de los Deportes 2010, "It Doesn't Matter", "Just Another Nervous Wreck" live at Palacio de los Deportes 1988, "Lover Boy", "My Kind of Lady", "Over You", "Rudy", "Shadow Song", "Where There's a Will", "You Can Never Tell with Friends", "You Started Laughing" live at Palacio de los Deportes 2010
F4 - "Ain't Nobody But Me", "An Awful Thing to Waste", "Another Man's Woman", "Asylum", "A Thing for You", "Bee in Your Bonnet", "Bloody Well Right", "Bonnie", "Cannonball" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997, "Dead Man's Blues", "Don't You Lie to Me (I Get Evil)", "Ever Open Door", "Forever", "From Now On", "Get Your Act Together", "Gone Hollywood", "Goodbye Stranger", "I'm Beggin' You", "(I'm Your) Hoochie Coochie Man", "It Doesn't Matter", "It's Alright", "Just a Normal Day", "Lover Boy", "No Inbetween", "Not the Moment", "Poor Boy", "Rudy", "Slow Motion", "Still in Love", "Times Have Changed", "You Win, I Lose"

Significant Low Notes:

C3 - "An Awful Thing to Waste", "Bonnie", "C'est What", "Crime of the Century" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997, "Dead Man's Blues", "Dreamer", "Ever Open Door", "Gone Hollywood", "Goodbye Stranger" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997, "Help Me Down That Road", "I'm Beggin' You", "Listen to Me Please", "Little By Little", "No Inbetween"
B2 - "Better Days"
B♭2 - "An Awful Thing to Waste", "Asylum", "Ever Door Open", "My Kind of Lady", "Not the Moment"
A2 - "Fool's Overture", "Free as a Bird" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997, "Help Me Down That Road", "Hide in Your Shell", "It's a Hard World", "Lady", "Listen to Me Please", "My Kind of Lady", "Sister Moonshine", "Tenth Avenue Breakdown", "When There's a Will"
G♯2 - "Brother Where You Bound", "Dead Man's Blues", "Goodbye Stranger", "Over You"
G2 - "Cannonball" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997, "Fool's Overture", "Get Your Act Together"
F♯2 - "C'est What", "Better Days", "Free as a Bird" live at Royal Albert Hall 1997, "It's a Hard World"
E2 - "Brother Where You Bound", "Listen to Me Please", "Where There's a Will"
D2 - "Get Your Act Together"

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.
*Blue marks soft falsetto notes.
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rick Davies

Post  Molandfreak on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:58 pm

This needs an update, big time. Yeah!

Also, are you sure that the falsetto in "Goodbye Stranger" is him and not Roger?
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:00 am

The falsetto notes I'm referring to are the ones at the end during the guitar solo. The "woo hoo hoo" bits.
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Ah, that makes sense. Never noticed that before. Smile

He has done the other falsetto part live.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 pm

Man, his voice has hardly aged at all.
Also, it's weird to hear Supertramp with a good guitarist. Kind like on "Brother Where You Bound"
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tf141soldier on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Nice bump. Supertramp is rockin'.

There's F#4s in "Over You", specifically in "I want you right next to me", and G#4s in "Breakfast in America".
tf141soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:42 pm

He doesn't sing on "Breakfast In America." That's Roger Hodgson.
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top