Ian Anderson

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ian Anderson

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:25 am

Whackooyzero wrote:Been note watching Anderson for fun a fair amount 'cause Jethro Tull are awesome, and have found a lot of strong lows that I updated the OP with. I also love Ian's 4th octave but haven't found much above F-F♯4 yet. I'll try to add some more D4s along the way. Also sad to say but I really don't think his A5 (which is what the pitch actually is) is worth counting. It's just a random crack, and his A4 is actually a G♯4. The A Passion Play E♭5 MIGHT be worth counting but as I recall it's just a "woo!" so not sure.Sad 
You're saying that A5 was a random crack? It was an intentional yelp, more like. He does it in most live versions of "Aqualung" that I've heard, so I wouldn't even say it was just a one-off,l random thing. But if you really want to remove it...
As for the E♭5, I say that's more worth counting than the A5, tbh. But again, if you think the thread will suffer with that note in it...
Also, doesn't "Baker St. Muse" have some falsetto B4s in it?

Whackooyzero wrote:Maybe this thread is close to being added to range stuff?
I think that with the notes you added, this could probably be moved soon, or even now. Smile 
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:41 am

It could be an intentional yelp and I suppose countable but since you aren't differentiating the notes in the OP in any way, it seems strange to me to list a not like that along with his other highs. Mainly because it's not very good.Sad 

I'll have to retrace the A Passion Play note to remember exactly how it sounded.
KeithMoonIsGod wrote:
Also, doesn't "Baker St. Muse" have some falsetto B4s in it?
Dunno, I'll have to re listen. I'll try to remember to list a few of his falsetto notes since I know I heard some okay C♯5s in a song off of Rock Island (might've been The Rattlesnake Trail).

Any verdicts on the Velvet Green lows? Also I re listened to Big Dipper and that final riff is hitting whole steps at each section, so the part with the sustained B1 hits a pretty resonant A1 while sliding up to the B.Very Happy
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:35 am

I have the Under Wraps CD and I remember Ian singing lots of good mid 4th octave notes throughout the album. I'll get back to you on those notes!
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Gregsynth?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:47 am

Here's some notes:

Lap Of Luxury: Has F4s and G4s.
Under Wraps: F#4s
Heat: F4s and a G4
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:21 am

...Still can't decide what the fuck kinda drugs he is on..

(At the moment i'm gonna go with cocaine.)

edit: pretty shitty yelp at the end, along with some decent improv bits where he goes up to around G4 I am guessing. Whatever you guys want to count is up to you.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:26 am

I'm pretty sure he has G4s on "Budapest"

Ending. Bad connection atm so I can't give a timestamp.
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:35 am

The Great Heroins wrote:

...Still can't decide what the fuck kinda drugs he is on..

(At the moment i'm gonna go with cocaine.)

edit: pretty shitty yelp at the end, along with some decent improv bits where he goes up to around G4 I am guessing.  Whatever you guys want to count is up to you.
Ian's anti-drug!
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:45 am

One look at that man's eyes and anti-drug is the last word that pierces through those pinholes. For God's sake the man's whole performance he is like this: Shocked  If he isn't on some sort of stimulating drug there than his eyes are reallllyy unfortunate looking.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:36 pm

There's a G4 in Lick Your Fingers Clean.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregsynthbootlegs on Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:38 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:One look at that man's eyes and anti-drug is the last word that pierces through those pinholes.  For God's sake the man's whole performance he is like this: Shocked  If he isn't on some sort of stimulating drug there than his eyes are reallllyy unfortunate looking.
He's honestly not on drugs!

http://www.tullpress.com/c14apr77.htm

http://austinist.com/2012/10/26/an_interview_with_a_pioneer_ian_and.php
Gregsynthbootlegs
Range Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 pm

I know the look of drugs very well Greg, and because you have yet to give me a mention in this proposed twinkie video I will still continue to say that he is on some sort of drugs there. Perhaps he is on some stimulant that he doesn't call "drugs" (like a legal pill or some legal herb) I just refuse to believe he is sober in that video. Your eyes can NOT look like that sober.. unless he purposely spread his eyes all the way open the entire time or developed some insane illness of the mind for the duration of that performance I will stand by what I said. The only alternative to this is maybe he didn't sleep for 4 weeks when performing.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 pm

On second view, his eyes are actually pretty sober looking throughout.  It's only on occasion when he opens them really wide and when he does it isn't really that pinholed or dilated.  I take back what I said, he probably is sober.  He is just fucking insane in that performance LOL.. I always thought he was on acid or something there because of how fucking whack he is acting.  He is on a fucking intense natural high there.

edit: Actually, his eyes are glossy as hell... and they are dilated. His eyes do make him seem like he on some drugs but i'm still just gonna agree and say he is sober somehow haha.. On a side note, his voice pisses me off in that performance. It's pretty annoying I think. The original song is great.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Combine on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:55 pm

In Big Dipper he sings "just" B1, not a A1... Amazingly effortless and powerful one, though.
He´s a bass-baritone IMO... beautiful speaking voice.

Combine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:01 am

Pre-Kepp Heroins wrote:On second view, his eyes are actually pretty sober looking throughout.  It's only on occasion when he opens them really wide and when he does it isn't really that pinholed or dilated.  I take back what I said, he probably is sober.  He is just fucking insane in that performance LOL.. I always thought he was on acid or something there because of how fucking whack he is acting.  He is on a fucking intense natural high there.

edit: Actually, his eyes are glossy as hell... and they are dilated.  His eyes do make him seem like he on some drugs but i'm still just gonna agree and say he is sober somehow haha..  On a side note, his voice pisses me off in that performance.  It's pretty annoying I think.  The original song is great.

ROFL, "fucking this", "fucking that" "fucking drugs" I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON DRUGS!
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:08 am

The Great Heroins wrote:
Pre-Kepp Heroins wrote:On second view, his eyes are actually pretty sober looking throughout.  It's only on occasion when he opens them really wide and when he does it isn't really that pinholed or dilated.  I take back what I said, he probably is sober.  He is just fucking insane in that performance LOL.. I always thought he was on acid or something there because of how fucking whack he is acting.  He is on a fucking intense natural high there.

edit: Actually, his eyes are glossy as hell... and they are dilated.  His eyes do make him seem like he on some drugs but i'm still just gonna agree and say he is sober somehow haha..  On a side note, his voice pisses me off in that performance.  It's pretty annoying I think.  The original song is great.

ROFL, "fucking this", "fucking that" "fucking drugs" I WAS THE ONLY ONE ON DRUGS!

IMPOSTER!!! Whos the real heroins here!!  Cop 

Laughing 
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:33 am

The "Big Dipper" A1 is actually a B♭1 Naughty
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GuitarManSam666 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:11 am

He also hits an A5 at the very end of Baker St. Muse when he says "I can't get out!" Smile

GuitarManSam666

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:51 am

Yeah uhh...that was an A4. Not a particularly controlled one either.
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Combine on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:54 am

Some awesome C5s!!! Shocked
(also a bunch of good G4s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FZ_qMcyezM

Combine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  t1995 on Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:12 am

Combine wrote:Some awesome C5s!!!  Shocked
(also a bunch of good G4s)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FZ_qMcyezM
Can't figure out if it's him doing the C5s, doesn't make much sense for them to be him but no one else is credited... the G4s are good to go though.
EDIT: F♯4s on "Queen And Country", F4s (maybe a flat F♯ or two) on "Rainbow Blues".
t1995

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top