View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dustin Kensrue (Thrice)

Post  Static Prevails on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:29 pm

Current status: UNFINISHED

Voice type: Low Tenor
Vocal range: G2-C5-D5

Significant high notes:

D5 (''Broken Lungs'')
C5 (''I Want You (She's So Heavy)'', ''The Melting Point of Wax'')
B4 (''Beggars'', ''Broken Lungs'', ''Firebreather'', ''For Miles'', ''In Exile'', ''Stand and Feel Your Worth'', ''The Melting Point of Wax'', ''The Sky is Falling'', ''Treading Paper'', ''Yellow Belly'' )
B♭4 (''All That's Left'', ''Anthology'', ''Backdraft'', ''Blur'', ''Call It in the Air'', ''Cataracts'', ''Circles'', ''Image of the Invisible'', ''Stare at the Sun'', ''The Weight'')
A4 (''All the World is Mad'', ''Between the End and Where We Lie'', ''Beggars'', ''Blinded'', ''Blur'', ''Broken Lungs'', ''Call It in the Air'', ''Cataracts'', ''Come All You Weary'', ''Daedalus'', ''Firebreather'', ''For Miles'', ''Hold Fast Hope'', ''In Exile'', ''Lost Continent'', ''Red Sky'', ''Stand and Feel Your Worth'', ''T&C'', ''Talking Through Glass / We Move Like Swing Sets'', ''The Arsonist'', ''The Weight'', ''To Awake and Avenge the Dead'', ''Treading Paper'', ''Yellow Belly'' )

Significant low notes:

B2 (''Kings Upon the Main'', ''Open Water'', ''Red Sky'')
B♭2 (''Kings Upon the Main'')
A2 (''Child of Dust'', ''Daedalus'', ''Digging My Own Grave'', ''I Want You (She's So Heavy)'', ''Open Water'', ''Red Sky'', ''Talking Through Glass / We Move Like Swing Sets'')
G2 (''Circles'', ''Kings Upon the Main'')

I've not yet had a chance to listen to his solo stuff, so if anyone has anything notable from that I'd be more than grateful. His singing underwent a dramatic change from their earlier albums to their later ones, beginning as quite a limited and nasal sounding singer, to a clearer sounding voice, to a husky low tenor.
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by Static Prevails on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Static Prevails

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dustin Kensrue (Thrice)

Post  Stoner on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:27 am

A4 in Deadbolt:

At the line "Darling don't YOU know"
Stoner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top