Jesse Leach

Post  Aldebaran on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:49 am

Current status: UNFINISHED

Voice Type: Baritone
Vocal Range: E♭2-G5
Sung Range: G2-G5

Significant high notes

• G5 ("Rise Inside")
  • F5 ("Life to Lifeless", "Temple From the Within", "Vide Infra")
  • E♭5 ("My Last Serenade", "Numbered Days", "Self Revolution", "The Element of One", "To the Sons of Man")
  • D5 ("Choir Of Angels", "Live In Love", "Temple From the Within", "Vide Infra", "Worlds Apart")
  • C♯5 ("These Colors Bleed", "Our Own", "The Genesis Of These Scars", "Voices Forming Weapons", "Choir Of Angels", "We The People", "The Kingdom")
  • C5 ("Cast No Shadow", "Fixation On the Darkness", "Just Barely Breathing", "Life to Lifeless", "My Last Serenade", "The Element of One", "In My Blood", "Numb", "The Deep Below", "Awaken", "The Genesis Of These Scars", "Voices Forming Weapons", "We The People", "Eyes Of A Child", "Hymn Of A Broken Man", "The Forgotten One", "The End Of Eternity", "Things Fall Apart", "Worlds Apart", "Fight For Life")
  • B4 ("You Don't Bleed For Me", "Our Own", "The Genesis Of These Scars", "Narrow, The Path I Walk Pt. II", "As The City Sleeps", "The First Redemption", "Lords of War", "Voices Forming Weapons", "Choir Of Angels", "We The People", "Willing", "Until The End Of Days", "Live In Love")
  • B♭4 ("Cast No Shadow", "My Last Serenade", "Numb", "In Due Time", "In My Blood", "Temple From the Within", "The Call", "The Deep Below", "To the Sons of Man", "Vide Infra", "No End In Sight", "Always", "Time Will Not Remain", "The New Awakening", "Blood Stains", "Slave To The Machine", "Beyond The Flames", "Strength In Numbers", "Things Fall Apart", "Where The Spirit Leads Me", "Hymn Of A Broken Man", "Hope Remains", "Worlds Apart", "The Turning Point")
  • A4 ("Life to Lifeless", "Numb", "Rise Inside", "Temple From the Within", "Vide Infra", "You Don't Bleed For Me", "Always", "Our Own", "Beyond The Flames", "Time Will Not Remain", "A Tribute To The Fallen", "The Genesis Of These Scars", "As The City Sleeps", "The First Redemption", "Awaken", "Voices Forming Weapons", "We The People", "Strength In Numbers", "Fight For Life", "Willing", "Where The Spirit Leads Me", "Live In Love", "Hymn Of A Broken Man", "The Forgotten One", "Hope Remains", "The End Of Eternity", "Worlds Apart", "The Kingdom")
  • G♯4 ("Fixation On the Darkness", "Just Barely Breathing", "Numbered Days", "Self Revolution", "The Element of One", "The Call", "Blood Stains", "Slave To The Machine", "The Hell In Me", "The Turning Point", "The New Awakening", "Our Own", "All That We Have", "Willing")
  • G4 ("Cast No Shadow", "Fixation On the Darkness", "Just Barely Breathing", "Life to Lifeless", "My Last Serenade", "Rise Inside", "Self Revolution", "The Element of One", "The Call", "In Due Time", "No End In Sight", "Always", "Blood Stains", "All That We Have", "Slave To The Machine", "The Turning Point", "A Tribute To The Fallen", "The New Awakening", "The Hell In Me", "Awaken", "The Kingdom", "Strength In Numbers", "Fight For Life", "Live In Love", "Hymn Of A Broken Man", "The Forgotten One", "Worlds Apart")

Significant low notes

• D3 ("Temple From the Within", "Time Will Not Remain", "To the Sons of Man")
  • C3 ("All That We Have", "Cast No Shadow", "Until The End Of Days")
  • B2 ("The First Redemption")
  • A2 ("The End Of Eternity")
  • G♯2 ("Numbered Days")
  • G2 ("The Element of One", "Things Fall Apart")
  • F♯2 ("We The People")
  • E2 ("We The People")
  • E♭2 ("The Element of One")

*Green marks harsh distorted notes.
*Underlines mark notes found in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics marks non-sung notes.

Associated Acts: Killswitch Engage, Seemless, The Empire Shall Fall, Times Of Grace
Notewatched Albums until this moment:

• Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent
  • Killswitch Engage - Alive Or Just Breathing
  • The Empire Shall Fall - Awaken
  • The Empire Shall Fall - Volume 1: Solar Plexus
  • Times Of Grace - The Hymn Of A Broken Man

Still a lot left to notewatch.
Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jesse Leach

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 am

If you think he's a baritone, you can probably start his high notes at E4, but I actually think he's at least a low tenor.
CrazyNinjaFish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toyman on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:20 am

CrazyNinjaFish wrote:If you think he's a baritone, you can probably start his high notes at E4, but I actually think he's at least a low tenor.

I'd say low tenor as well though baritenor is also possible. If baritenor though due to his Rollins/Murnoe fused sounding voice then high baritone is a better selection.
Toyman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spydr on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:31 pm

One's got to wonder what kind of studio magic Adam D. uses on his voice, especially on the acoustic version of "Willing". Because this guy can hardly sing live at all, but most screamer/singers lack in one of those departments outside of the studio.

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Some of the vocal editing on the Times of Grace is really audible, but with the stuff on the newest Killswitch Engage album it's not as obvious. He also mentioned in an interview that he's become better at singing and screaming so that he doesn't lose his voice, which is what would happen often at live shows in the past.

And even now he probably does keep better control of his voice in the studio, since he doesn't have the crazy atmosphere of a live metal show.
CrazyNinjaFish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spydr on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 am

You sure those Times of Grace low notes weren't Adam D? because he sang a lot there, Jesse would mainly cover the upper octaves.  But you're probably more familiar with the two's voices than I am.

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:01 am

I actually agree, Adam D is definitely a baritone based on all of his singing parts in Killswitch Engage's stuff, and I think that he also sings lower notes in the Times of Grace album as well. I can distinctly remember parts where he traded off vocals with Jesse, he would sing a lower part and Jesse would come in with his higher rougher voice.
CrazyNinjaFish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 am

CrazyNinjaFish wrote:If you think he's a baritone, you can probably start his high notes at E4
Most retarded thing I've heard all week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldebaran on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Spydr wrote:You sure those Times of Grace low notes weren't Adam D? because he sang a lot there, Jesse would mainly cover the upper octaves.  But you're probably more familiar with the two's voices than I am.

Yes, you're right! Those A2 are sung by Adam D. I'm just waiting to collect Jesse's notes from Seemless to fix the OP.
Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNinjaFish on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Full wrote:
CrazyNinjaFish wrote:If you think he's a baritone, you can probably start his high notes at E4
Most retarded thing I've heard all week.
Well, sorry, but I've seen multiple online sources as well as books that define E4 as high for baritones. 
Besides, being ignorant ≠ being retarded.
CrazyNinjaFish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 am

But shouldn't just reading the first post be proof enough that it's not the case here?

Back to top Go down

Post  Spydr on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:27 am

I also think Until the end of Days is Adam D. The End of Eternity actually is Leach though (Saw him sing that part live and the tone doesn't sound like Adam's). There's a B2 in the Acoustic version of Willing (Though it's one of those boring first syllable notes).

Spydr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andiboy on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 pm

The low notes from Fall From Grace are also Adam. He sings the lead vocals in that song apart from the high notes in the chorus, that's Jesse  Very Happy

Andiboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top