Ready for review

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Clem on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:21 pm

JaredLetoIsBack wrote:He's wondering why there are so few notes per song.
Oh. Well that I can explain. Whilst there are some cases of using different technique or the context being varied enough to merit multiple notes per song, quite often it's a case of an A4 being fairly insignificant because there's also multiple C5s, just as good and using the same technique in that song as well.
avatar
Clem

Posts : 756
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 21
Location : Portadown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:15 am

You're saying she sings exactly one significant note per song?
avatar
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

Posts : 1644
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 26
Location : Tejas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Clem on Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:45 am

Rodney Razorshorts wrote:You're saying she sings exactly one significant note per song?
Well... no. But I also didn't indicate that in the thread. When notewatching I found 3 songs where she had 3 significant notes, 10 songs where she had 2 significant notes and 7 where there was only 1 significant note. Keep in mind that in the songs from Repo there was usually at least one other character per song, meaning she only took certain sections of the song.

"Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" C6, C5
"I Want You" F#5, C#5, F#3
"Hapiness Is Not A Warm Scalpel" F5
"Come Up And Try My New Parts" Eb5, G#3
"Zydrate Anatomy" D5, C5, Bb3
"Stars Are Deaf" C#5, A3
"My BFF" C#5, F#3
"Bravi" C#5, A4
"Nothing In This World" C5, F3
"Heartbeat" C5, G3
"Good Time" C5, Eb3
"Mark It Up" C5
"Who Ordered Pizza" C5
"Turn It Up" B4, F#3
"Screwed" B4, F#3
"Not Leaving Without You" B4, G#3, A2
"Can't Get It Up If The Girl's Breathing?" B4
"Come Alive" Bb4
"High Off My Love" A4
"Fightin' Over Me" E3
avatar
Clem

Posts : 756
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 21
Location : Portadown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rob Brydon

Post  Clem on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:04 am

While I'm in the neighbourhood http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4612-rob-brydon?highlight=rob+brydon
Sadly he doesn't have any studio material, but I've notewatched a bunch of live clips and his singing from TV shows. I've been reliably informed there exists a range battle between him and Steve Coogan from the BBC comedy "The Trip". Though I have yet to find a clip of it.
avatar
Clem

Posts : 756
Join date : 2013-03-07
Age : 21
Location : Portadown

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:19 am

Clem wrote:
Rodney Razorshorts wrote:You're saying she sings exactly one significant note per song?
Well... no. But I also didn't indicate that in the thread. When notewatching I found 3 songs where she had 3 significant notes, 10 songs where she had 2 significant notes and 7 where there was only 1 significant note. Keep in mind that in the songs from Repo there was usually at least one other character per song, meaning she only took certain sections of the song.

Alright, just checking. I'll give it the green light.
avatar
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

Posts : 1644
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 26
Location : Tejas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Breaking on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:25 pm

avatar
Breaking

Posts : 745
Join date : 2014-11-04
Age : 18
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Baronessa on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:04 am

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4674-laura-branigan

Studio stuff is done, might as well move it if it's acceptable.
avatar
Baronessa

Posts : 335
Join date : 2014-06-14
Age : 20
Location : Finland City, USA

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/jamppismk

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  infernus2 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:19 pm

avatar
infernus2

Posts : 452
Join date : 2015-08-13
Age : 17
Location : Lowest level of hell

View user profile https://dreamincolormusic.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 am

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4687-jewel-kilcher

Think this is about done. It's my first, so you may wanna check it. I didn't realise Jewel had such a huge discography...
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Roehoer on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:30 am


Roehoer

Posts : 231
Join date : 2012-10-19
Age : 25
Location : Helsinki, Finland/Groningen, the Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:43 am

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4734-romy-madley-croft-the-xx

Can someone check this? I've been through their entire discography (two albums, plus a few EP tracks).

My problem is her range is so limited. I don't know whether to split it into high and low notes when it's literally just one octave, or whether to leave it as it is.
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  infernus2 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:04 am

Maybe D4 - G4 for high notes, F♯3 - B3 for low notes?

A female singer who can't go higher than a G4 though? What.
avatar
infernus2

Posts : 452
Join date : 2015-08-13
Age : 17
Location : Lowest level of hell

View user profile https://dreamincolormusic.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:07 am

alexmcnamee61 wrote:http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4734-romy-madley-croft-the-xx

Can someone check this? I've been through their entire discography (two albums, plus a few EP tracks).

My problem is her range is so limited. I don't know whether to split it into high and low notes when it's literally just one octave, or whether to leave it as it is.

This is a new one, but for someone with range that small I think you've done the right thing.
avatar
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

Posts : 1644
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 26
Location : Tejas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:08 am

infernus2 wrote:Maybe D4 - G4 for high notes, F♯3 - B3 for low notes?

A female singer who can't even go higher than a G4 though? What.

I was planning on doing something like that, but my concern would be that that would only leave C4 and C♯4 as the only non-significant notes. It's probably best though.

But haha, I know. She probably has the potential to, it's just her tone is so breathy and she only really reaches four or five notes per song (proof below).

Proof:


avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:10 am

Rodney Razorshorts wrote:
alexmcnamee61 wrote:http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4734-romy-madley-croft-the-xx

Can someone check this? I've been through their entire discography (two albums, plus a few EP tracks).

My problem is her range is so limited. I don't know whether to split it into high and low notes when it's literally just one octave, or whether to leave it as it is.

This is a new one, but for someone with range that small I think you've done the right thing.

Thanks. I checked around a bit but I really couldn't see anyone with a range that small.

I've done threads who have larger ranges in their "significant high notes" than she does overall!
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Celice on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:21 am

This is probably the smallest recorded range ever notewatched on TRP. An unusual case: I think your continuous list of notes without a gap between "high" and "low" probably is the best way to do it.
avatar
Celice
Moderator

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2012-08-27
Location : Probably in bed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:25 am

Celice wrote:This is probably the smallest recorded range ever notewatched on TRP. An unusual case: I think your continuous list of notes without a gap between "high" and "low" probably is the best way to do it.

Well, damn. I knew it was small, I didn't know it was that small though. Laughing
I think I'll keep the continuous note format then (apologies, Infernus!) because the range is so narrow. If I find any more range (probably at least two octaves though) then I'll seperate them, but for now, it'll do as it is.

avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Celice on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:56 am

alexmcnamee61 wrote:
Celice wrote:This is probably the smallest recorded range ever notewatched on TRP. An unusual case: I think your continuous list of notes without a gap between "high" and "low" probably is the best way to do it.

Well, damn. I knew it was small, I didn't know it was that small though.  Laughing
Somebody will probably find another example somewhere to prove me wrong now Laughing (If they do, I'd be very surprised if it were a lead singer with more than one album). With her very limited discography and the sort of range that other singers might typically use in one song, I think you've done a remarkably good job.
avatar
Celice
Moderator

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2012-08-27
Location : Probably in bed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 am

Celice wrote:
alexmcnamee61 wrote:
Celice wrote:This is probably the smallest recorded range ever notewatched on TRP. An unusual case: I think your continuous list of notes without a gap between "high" and "low" probably is the best way to do it.

Well, damn. I knew it was small, I didn't know it was that small though.  Laughing
Somebody will probably find another example somewhere to prove me wrong now  Laughing  (If they do, I'd be very surprised if it were a lead singer with more than one album). With her very limited discography and the sort of range that other singers might typically use in one song, I think you've done a remarkably good job.

I think it's more the style of music they write that limist her than anything else. It's very stripped back and "plain", but it's atmospheric (like stuff hipsters get high from...) What sucks is that that the band have been around eleven years and only released two major studio albums, and in that time, she's only had a VR of an octave. But anyway, I digress. Thanks! Smile
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:27 am

http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t4722-hayley-williams#145338

That's Paramore's entire studio discography, some tracks by Hayley and a couple of live performances.
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:35 am

avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  ChillShaman on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am


Good! I'd ease off on the amount of notes per song in some instances though, especially Sweet Child O' Mine Wink
avatar
ChillShaman
Range Advisor

Posts : 917
Join date : 2014-07-24
Age : 20
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:36 am

Ollie wrote:

Good! I'd ease off on the amount of notes per song in some instances though, especially Sweet Child O' Mine Wink

I do tend to have a habit of overfilling... Laughing

EDIT - I cut three or so out. If I need to cut out more, let me know...Wink
avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Alex61 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:23 pm

avatar
Alex61

Posts : 317
Join date : 2016-05-26
Age : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ready for review

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum