View previous topic View next topic Go down

Howie Dorough

Post  wonka on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Howie D. (Backstreet Boys, Solo)

Voice Type: Tenor
Total Range: F♯2-B5

Highest notes:

B5 ("If I Ever" Live Acapella)
B♭5 ("My Heart Stays With You" Live Acapella)
A5 ("All I Have To Give", "If I Ever" Live)
G♯5 ("Love Somebody")
G5 ("My Heart Stays With You" Live)
F♯5 ("Love Somebody")
F5 ("Lie To Me", "My Heart Stays With You")
E5 ("Unica", "Bye Bye Love")
E♭5 ("My Heart Stays With You")
D5 ("Dominoes", "Unica", "My Heart Stays With You", "Bye Bye Love", "This Is Us")
C♯5 ("Dominoes", "What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)", "Bye Bye Love", "Love Somebody")
C5 ("Shattered", "This Is Just What I Needed", "Unica", "Over And Under", "Over My Head", "My Heart Stays With You", "What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)", "How Did I Fall In Love with You", "This Is Us")
B4 ("Shattered", "Way To Your Heart", "Crawling Back To You", "I Want It That Way" Solo Live, "All I Have To Give" Solo live, "This Is Us", "Love Somebody", "Soldier")
B♭4 ("How Did I Fall In Love With You", "My Heart Stays With You", "Lie To Me", "Dominoes", "Going Going Gone", "This Is Just What I Needed", "Unica", "Shattered", "I Want It That Way" Solo Live, "The One" Solo live, "Shatterproof", "End Of The Road", "I'd Do Anything" Live)
A4 ("Way To Your Heart", "Pure", "Unica", "If I Say" feat. U, "Over And Under", "Free From Within", "All I Have To Give" Solo live, "Shape Of My Heart" (with Brian), "Crawling Back To You", "Trouble Is", "Bye Bye Love", "If I Knew Then", "This Is Us", "Soldier", "I'd Do Anything" Live)
G♯4 ("Lie To Me", "Dominoes", "Going Going Gone", "Back To Me", "Shatterproof", "This Is Just What I Needed", "100", "Way To Your Heart", "Free From Within", "My Heart Stays With You", "How Did I Fall In Love With You", "What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)" Live with Brian, "I Want It That Way" Solo Live, "Incomplete" Solo live, "All I Have To Give" Solo live, "The One" Solo live, "Shape Of My Heart" (with Brian), "Drowning" (with Brian), "One In A Million", "Bye Bye Love", "If I Knew Then", "Shattered", "Fallen Angel")
G4 ("Stay", "Shatterproof", "This Is Just What I Needed", "Over My Head", "Sleepwalking", "Unica", "If I Say" feat. U, "Over And Under", "My Heart Stays With You", "How Did I Fall In Love With You", "Trouble Is", "Never Gone", "Shape Of My Heart" (with Brian), "The Perfect Fan", "Inconsolable", "One In A Million", "Trouble Is", "Unmistakable", "Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon", "This Is Us", "Shattered", "One Phone Call", "I'd Do Anything" Live)

Lowest notes:

F♯2 ("Shape Of My Heart" Live with Brian (youtube live range))
A2 ("Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely" Live without Kevin), "Shape Of My Heart" (with Brian))
B2 ("Feels Like Home")
B♭2 ("Shatterproof")
C3 ("All I Have To Give", "If I Say" feat. U)
C♯3 ("All I Have To Give", "Lie To Me", "Dominoes", "100", "What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)", "Shape Of My Heart" (Live Brian & Howie), "Incomplete" Solo live, "The Star Spangled Banner" Live BSB)
D3 ("Trouble", "All of Your Life (You Need Love)", "Trust Me", "Feels Like Home", "Shape Of My Heart" Live Brian & Howie)
E♭3 ("Shatterproof", "Spanish Eyes", "What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful)", "One In A Million", "Make Believe")

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Purple or Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured.
*Italics mark non-sung notes..

Last edited by wonka on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:45 am; edited 34 times in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Howie Dorough

Post  Griffin_Lloyd11 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

F♯2-A2-C5-B♭5

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes here but why's his range like this instead of just F♯2-B♭5 ??
Griffin_Lloyd11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:24 pm

The middle bit (A2-C5 in this case) is "black" or "modal" range. This was once a popular way to do things here, but has since fallen out of favour.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Griffin_Lloyd11 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:30 pm

So the F♯2's like Howie's "Fry Register"??
Griffin_Lloyd11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:50 pm

You should change it to just F♯2-B5. It's far less complicated.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:14 am

G4 in "I Want It That Way".
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content