Kian Egan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kian Egan

Post  wonka on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:18 am

Current status: READY FOR REVIEW

Kian Egan (Occasional singer from Westlife, Solo)

Voice Type: Tenor
Total Range: F♯2-C5

Highest notes:

C5 ("Great Balls Of Fire" Live)
B4 ("What Hurts The Most", "I Run To You (duet with Jodi Albert)")
B♭4 ("I'm Ready", "Wanted")
A4 ("Home" (solo album), "What Hurts The Most", "The Reason", "I'm Ready", "Waiting For Superman", "Great Balls Of Fire" Live, "I'm Already There" Live solo, "Safe" Live solo, "What About Now" Live solo)
G♯4 ("The Reason", "Not A Day Goes By", "I Run To You (duet with Jodi Albert)", "Here Without You", "Wanted", "Great Balls Of Fire" Live, "Sex On Fire" Live, "Let Me Entertain You" Live, "I Run To You (duet with Jodi Albert)", "What Makes A Man" Live solo, "I'm Already There" Live solo, "You Raise Me Up" Live solo, "World Of Our Own Own" Live solo, "When Your Looking Like That" Live solo, "Sex On Fire" Live)
G4 ("Home" (solo album), "What Hurts The Most", "I'm Already There", "I Run To You (duet with Jodi Albert)", "I'm Ready", "Waiting For Superman", "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" Live, "Safe" Live solo, "You Raise Me Up" Live solo, "World Of Our Own Own" Live solo, "What About Now" Live solo, "That's What Friends Are For" Live)
F♯4 ("Home" (solo album), "What Hurts The Most", "The Reason", "Not A Day Goes By", "I Run To You (duet with Jodi Albert)", "I'll Be", "Here Without You", "Wanted", "When You're Looking Like That" Live, "Pretty Woman" Live, "Butterfly Kisses", "Amazing", "Sex On Fire" Live, "Teenage Kicks" Live, "To Be With You", "What Makes A Man" Live solo, "I'm Already There" Live solo, "Safe" Live solo, "You Raise Me Up" Live solo, "When Your Looking Like That" Live, "Don't Let Me Go", "Sex On Fire" Live)
F4 ("I'm Already There", "Great Balls Of Fire" Live, "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" Live, "Love Can Build A Bridge", "Let Me Entertain You" Live, "Change Your Mind", "What Makes A Man" Live solo, "You Raise Me Up" Live solo, "World Of Our Own Own" Live solo, "What About Now" Live solo, "When Your Looking Like That" Live solo, "Pretty Woman" Live, "Don't Cha" Live, "That's What Friends Are For" Live, "The Boys Are Back In Town" Live, "I Gotta Feeling" Live)
E4 ("Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" Live, "Pretty Woman" Live, "Butterfly Kisses", "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You", "Grease Lightning", "Amazing", "Sex On Fire" Live, "Teenage Kicks" Live, "To Be With You", "Change Your Mind", "Please Stay", "Don't Let Me Go", "That's What Friends Are For" Live)

Lowest notes:

F♯2 ("Queen Of My Heart" Live)
G2 ("My Girl" Live Acapella)
G♯2 ("The Right Stuff" Live)
A2 ("Change The World")
B♭2 ("Clementine", "The Right Stuff" Live)
B2 ("Queen Of My Heart" Live, "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" Live)
C3 ("Waiting For Superman", "Clementine", "I Get Weak", "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" Live, "You Make Me Feel", "You Raise Me Up" Live solo, "The Right Stuff" Live, "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" Live)
C♯3 ("Heal", "Queen Of My Heart" Live, "Mack The Knife", "You Raise Me Up" Live solo)
D3 ("Home", "Waiting For Superman", "I Get Weak", "Safe" Live solo, "You Raise Me Up" Live solo, "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You", "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" Live, "Where We Belong")

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks bad, airy or unintentional notes.
*Purple or Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured
*Italics mark non-sung notes..

Notes and explanations:

Possesing a husky timbre, in Westlife he had very few solo parts, and his role in the group was providing middle-low harmonies. He has been sometimes referred as "the baritone one" in Westlife, I guess due to singing low harmonies and bass in some capellas. Anyway, Brian's timbre is raspier and deeper, and Shane's natural speaking voice is deeper than Kian's, and Shane proved to sing the lowest parts in the Swing album "Allow Us To Be Frank". In the solo debut album, Kian showed up his voice at last, he is a definitely a tenor.

Last edited by wonka on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:44 am; edited 71 times in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kian Egan

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:43 am

High Baritone seems right
He judges 'the voice' talent show in Ireland and when he speaks he seems like a HB
as well as that when he is helping other contestants with their songs, he always struggles with like G4 and up when singing acappella

Btw can you link me the wake me up before you go go please? i'm curious tto see him sing that

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:47 am

Edited

Last edited by wonka on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:07 am

wonka wrote:
Tenor45 wrote:High Baritone seems right
He judges 'the voice' talent show in Ireland and when he speaks he seems like a HB
as well as that when he is helping other contestants with their songs, he always struggles with like G4 and up when singing acappella

Btw can you link me the wake me up before you go go please? i'm curious tto see him sing that
It's true, G4 seems a difficult note for him. E4, F4 and F#4 are high enough. As a solo singer he should have a baritone tessiture

This is his better performance, he must be a light baritone. He could hit his highest note G#4

Great balls of fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWHPWluqmSo

and here is Wake me up before you go go (Kian sings at 1:12)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R10W7CoU1Xw

Thanks Smile
tbh I never thought he could really sing
But i've always been interested in his voice as a whole

If you want more clips of him
He sang arcade fire and did a cover of Teenage kicks during the voice last year and this year
some great stuff note wise i think

also a great singer to look out for in the arcade fire clip is Brian Kennedy who is actually a LT/MT
great voice worth a thread too

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:19 am

god, he really struggled through that Wham cover didn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:10 am

Tenor45 wrote:god, he really struggled through that Wham cover didn't he?
in "Let me entertain you" hits a G#4 too but it's a little flat. In "the voice" I watched a clip with a contestant doing "I'm already there" (Westlife's song) and he sang the bridge, his actual part and an additional part, and sounded like pre-recorded. It's a difficult part of a couple of F4's sustained and a couple of G4's.

Doesn't he have a tone of voice than can remind of Nicky and a little of Shane and a little of Brian??

It's totally a blend

Last edited by wonka on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:04 am; edited 3 times in total

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 am

wonka wrote:
Tenor45 wrote:god, he really struggled through that Wham cover didn't he?
Yes, and in "Let me entertain you" hits a G#4 too but it's a little flat. In "the voice" I watched a clip with a contestant doing "I'm already there" (Westlife's song) and he sang the bridge, his actual part and an additional part, and sounded like pre-recorded. It's a difficult part of a couple of F4's sustained and a couple of G4's.

Doesn't he have a similar tone of voice than Nicky and a little of Shane?? But I think Nicky is a tenor. Kian is a curious type of voice of light baritone. He could be a case similar to NSYNC's Joey Fatone.

I'd keep Kian as A HB, His tessitura aside
His overall voice has a baritone weight to it

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 pm

He has just brought out a solo album, I'm surprised because his voice is quite light, he's not a baritone and he sings high and light during almost all the album. In Westlife he used to sing light baritone roles but this time it's different

HE definitely a TENOR

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:08 am

Deleting this crappy re-post

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:54 am; edited 28 times in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:00 pm

kinda surprised you didn't treat him to your green technique

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:56 am

Bread wrote:kinda surprised you didn't treat him to your green technique

We all are, I'm trying something new...
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:36 am

I've been adding more notes, he is singing all Westlife songs in the original key and very decently

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum