Charles Shaw

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:32 am


Charles Shaw. (Milli Vanilli singer)
Vocal Range: G2 - Bb4 (C5)
Vocal Type: Low Tenor

Significant High Notes:
C5 ( "Blame It On The Rain")
B4( "Blame it on the rain" "When I Die" )
Bb4 ( "Girl You Know its true")
A4 (" I`m Gonna Miss You" More Than You`ll ever know")
G4 ( "All Or Nothing" "Blame It On The Rain" " Keep On Running")
F#4 ( "Boy In The Tree" Baby Dont Forget My Number" "Girl you know its true" " More Than You`ll Ever Know" "When I Die" )
F4 ( "Boy In The Tree" "All Or Nothing" "Girl You Know Its True" "Blame It On The Rain")
E4 ("Baby Dont Forget My Number" "Blame It On The Rain" "Keep on running" "When I Die")


Significant Low Notes:
B2 ("Baby Dont Forget My Number")
G2 ("Baby Dont Forget My Number" " Keep on Running" )


One of the singers from the Milli Vanilli group.
Ironic, 20 years ago those guys had to give their grammys back because the playbacked (The music was good!! in my opinion)
And nowadays almost éverybody playbacks and people dont seem to care.
(Rob And Fab could sing btw, i have their solo album here, and there is some pretty neat stuff on it)


Last edited by bradphone on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:11 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:33 am

The worst group ever.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:34 am

bradphone wrote:One of the singers from the Milli Vanilli group.
Ironic, 20 years ago those guys had to give their grammys back because the playbacked (The music was good!! in my opinion)
And nowadays almost éverybody playbacks and people dont seem to care.
(Rob And Fab could sing btw, i have their solo album here, and there is some pretty neat stuff on it)

Besides, the controversy didn't stem from playbacking; they got criticized for "singing" along to other people's voices, who were not even credited for singing pretty much all the leads on the album. If you were to sing lead on a Michael Jackson album without even getting credited for that, seeing him get awarded for YOUR singing, you'd sure get offended too.

Totally deserved.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 am

Waitwaitwait... Charles was one of the uncredited dudes singing the backing. I apologize for mixing him up with Fab and Rob.

Anyway, you should definitely change the picture, because that featured Fab and Rob, the fraud duo. Gives the impression it's their thread.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:46 am

The Powerhouse wrote:Waitwaitwait... Charles was one of the uncredited dudes singing the backing. I apologize for mixing him up with Fab and Rob.

Anyway, you should definitely change the picture, because that featured Fab and Rob, the fraud duo. Gives the impression it's their thread.

No Problem, Fabrice Morvan really has a good singing voice.. and Rob Pilatus could rap alright.
I changed the picture, its the only normal one i could find (too bad he isnt known, because he is a good singer)
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:55 am

bradphone wrote:And nowadays almost éverybody playbacks and people dont seem to care.
Complete bullshit, both parts of that statement. The people who use playback are such an incredibly small minority in the music industry, and people ALWAYS complain about all you need to be a singer is to look good, because it's all playback and all that shit. I mean just check a random playback performance on youtube and see what the majority of the comments are about.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  B6 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 am

^
avatar
B6
Range Advisor

Posts : 4682
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 19
Location : Desert island

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 am

Sippe wrote:
bradphone wrote:And nowadays almost éverybody playbacks and people dont seem to care.
Complete bullshit, both parts of that statement. The people who use playback are such an incredibly small minority in the music industry, and people ALWAYS complain about all you need to be a singer is to look good, because it's all playback and all that shit. I mean just check a random playback performance on youtube and see what the majority of the comments are about.

Maybe i didnt formulate it as i should have... what i ment was, its more *accepted* nowadays, i mean.. Britney Spears playbacks, The Black Eyed Peas playback, more of the Top-40 artists playback... OR use lots and lots of autotune/pitchcorrection.
and thats the norm, so people care less about it.

avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

Pretty much @ Sippe. Certain TV-shows force bands to perform playback, but this often provokes very strong reactions among musicians - It's always been like that.



The majority of artists still play live, just like always.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 am

The Powerhouse wrote:The worst group ever.
Not completely... i didnt like the fact that they were a scam (As was everything from Frank Farian, remember Boney M?) BUT i did like the music and their stage acts Smile they sure could perform.

Worst group for me is Suicide Silence (But thats purely based on my hate for that sorta metal)
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 am

bradphone wrote:
Sippe wrote:
bradphone wrote:And nowadays almost éverybody playbacks and people dont seem to care.
Complete bullshit, both parts of that statement. The people who use playback are such an incredibly small minority in the music industry, and people ALWAYS complain about all you need to be a singer is to look good, because it's all playback and all that shit. I mean just check a random playback performance on youtube and see what the majority of the comments are about.

Maybe i didnt formulate it as i should have... what i ment was, its more *accepted* nowadays, i mean.. Britney Spears playbacks, The Black Eyed Peas playback, more of the Top-40 artists playback... OR use lots and lots of autotune/pitchcorrection.
and thats the norm, so people care less about it.

avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:05 am

Ah, nevermind it then Very Happy
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 am

bradphone wrote:
and thats the norm
No, it really, REALLY isn't. I don't think you understand how much of a minority radio pop is compared to every other genre that isn't controlled by those evil record companies. The majority of all bands out there aren't even signed.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 am

Sippe wrote:
bradphone wrote:
and thats the norm
No, it really, REALLY isn't. I don't think you understand how much of a minority radio pop is compared to every other genre that isn't controlled by those evil record companies. The majority of all bands out there aren't even signed.

Well, as a matter of fact i dont understand.. most of the music i listen IS radio music. Well atleast, most of the artists that are on the radio (Queen/U2/Michael Jackson, even though.. they have nonradio songs)
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:42 am

What's a 'nonradio song'?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:07 am

The Powerhouse wrote:What's a 'nonradio song'?
Well, Queen has their hits like "Radio Gaga" "Bohemian Rhapsody" " Crazy Little Thing" But also their " Non Radio " songs, or "Not Commercial " Songs like:

Fairy Fellers Master Stroke.
March Of The Black Queen.
The Hitman.
Bijou.
I`m Going Slightly Mad.
Mother Love.

That sorta stuff.
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:20 am

Singles: "I'm Going Slightly Mad" was released on 4 March 1991. It reached No. 22 on the UK charts. (B-side on 7 inch release- "The Hitman" in some countries, in others it was "Lost Opportunity" which was a non-album cut).
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:32 am

The Powerhouse wrote:
Singles: "I'm Going Slightly Mad" was released on 4 March 1991. It reached No. 22 on the UK charts. (B-side on 7 inch release- "The Hitman" in some countries, in others it was "Lost Opportunity" which was a non-album cut).

I seriously didnt knew that, well.. i dont know it from the radio...
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Hopscotch on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Sippe wrote:
bradphone wrote:And nowadays almost éverybody playbacks and people dont seem to care.
Complete bullshit, both parts of that statement. The people who use playback are such an incredibly small minority in the music industry, and people ALWAYS complain about all you need to be a singer is to look good, because it's all playback and all that shit. I mean just check a random playback performance on youtube and see what the majority of the comments are about.
Shouldn't you be busy complaining about

the format of the thread?
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6790
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  bradphone on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 am

Changed his Voice Type to "Low Tenor" Seems more accurate now that i think about it. i also colored the C5 from Blame It On The Rain blue, because well.. its falsetto.
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Charles Shaw

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum